Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,885 members, 7,976,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 03:09 AM

Islam Is Against Soccer? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Islam Is Against Soccer? (1010 Views)

More Photos Of The Soccer Player Shot At The Mall...(pics) / Russian Teens Allegedly Cut Off Homeless Man’s Head, Then Use It For Soccer / ‘a Lot Of Pain’ Over Murder Of Nigerian Teen Soccer Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam Is Against Soccer? by AloyEmeka5: 8:30pm On Jun 14, 2010

Militants kill two for watching Eagles/Argentina’s match

From KUNLE SOLAJA and GBOLAHAN DADA, South Africa
Monday, June 14, 2010

Argentina’s Carlos Tevez (C) fights for the ball with Nigeria’s Chidi Odiah and Lukman Haruna during their Group B first round 2010 World Cup football match.

Islamist militants belonging to the Hezbal Islam rebel group have killed two football fans and arrested 10 others after attacking a house where World Cup fans were watching a hotly-contested game between Argentina and Nigeria in the Huruwaa neighborhood north east of the capital Mogadishu late on Saturday.

Residents say that heavily armed militants stormed a house where World Cup fans were secretly watching the football competition which was prohibited in Islamist controlled regions in Somalia.

“Two young men who tried to jump over the wall were shot and killed while 10 others including my husband and my teenage son were taken into Islamist custody in the village,” Halima Ahmed, a mother of five children said in a telephone conversation on Sunday morning.

Islamist militia leader Sheik Mohamed Abu Abdalla said that those in custody have broken and Islamic rule and will be dealt with in accordance with Islamic law. Prior to the World Cup opening, the Islamists in Somalia warned people against watching the World Cup, saying that it was not compatible with Islamic law and that those who were caught watching it would be brought before the Islamic court.

“Football descended from the old Christian cultures and our Islamic administration will never allow watching what they call the FIFA World Cup. We are sending our last warning to the people,” Sheik Abu Yahya Al Iraqi said, addressing crowds in the Suqa Holaha village north of Mogadishu, hours before World Cup kick off Friday.
President of the Somali Football Federation, Said Mahmoud Nur, who was reached for comment while in South Africa, said that he couldn’t talk about the matter because of security reasons.

Meanwhile, residents in the southern Jubba regions have sent a complaint letter to the Al Shabab administration in the regions demanding permission to watch the world’s largest sporting event. Reports say that representatives from the community including elders went to the Al Shabab administrative office in the southern key port town of Kismayo Saturday demanding an acceptance of watching the World Cup, but were denied and told that they would be arrested if they came back with a similar demand.

http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/forum/main-square/55075-islamists-kill-two-watching-nigeria-vs-argentina.html
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 14, 2010
That is not true my friend,this is somalia ,its a failed state and with lots of hard liners with links to al/queda.It obivious and you should be able to understand the illitracy levels over there.This is not so in dubia,malayasia,indonesia,singapore,parts of india etc,This are muslim countries and partly muslim population.

It is to get attention,you yourself know is wicked and there is a difference being a somalian and being a muslim,they combined this together.They are 2 different things somalians are national of a country ,islam is a religion.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by AloyEmeka5: 9:21pm On Jun 14, 2010
olas2u:

That is not true my friend,this is somalia ,its a failed state and with lots of hard liners with links to al/queda.It obivious and you should be able to understand the illitracy levels over there.This is not so in dubia,malayasia,indonesia,singapore,parts of india etc,This are muslim countries and partly muslim population.

It is to get attention,you yourself know is wicked and there is a difference being a somalian and being a muslim,they combined this together.They are 2 different things somalians are national of a country ,islam is  a religion.

I am not interested in where it happened rather why it happened. Read their reason below and justify it as a muslim.

“Football descended from the old Christian cultures and our Islamic administration will never allow watching what they call the FIFA World Cup. We are sending our last warning to the people,” Sheik Abu Yahya Al Iraqi said, addressing crowds in the Suqa Holaha village north of Mogadishu, hours before World Cup kick off Friday.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2010
You already have a mind set,you can see the interpretations ,That is how the el shebab understands it.Its illitreacy .Somalia is just 8million population with different group taking control of each zone ,with the govt contolling a small area.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2010
This islamic fools are at it again in somalia
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 14, 2010
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by AloyEmeka5: 6:34am On Jun 15, 2010
olas2u:

You already have a mind set,you can see the interpretations ,That is how the el shebab understands it.Its illitreacy .Somalia is just 8million population with different group taking control of each zone ,with the govt contolling a small area.

Which mindset?. Can you please explain there reason because I am sure you've heard it before either in the mosque or from your imams.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by chakula: 10:03am On Jun 15, 2010
toba:

You are a pamby-namby, better refered the word (fool) to yourself rather planted it to muslim.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by stormm: 2:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ Aloy-Emeka,

Your response on this falls below ur much acclaimed intellectual capability. We are all aware of the probs in Somalia. These actions could only have been borne out of collective frustrations in Somalia.

Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq and other acclaimed Islamic states from the persian gulf take part in competitive football. Turkey is an acknowledged football powerhouse. Somalia is a failed state with bandits in control of its larger area.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by AloyEmeka5: 6:17pm On Jun 15, 2010
stormm:

@ Aloy-Emeka,

Your response on this falls below your much acclaimed intellectual capability. We are all aware of the probs in Somalia. These actions could only have been borne out of collective frustrations in Somalia.

Saudi Arabia, Iran,  Iraq and other acclaimed Islamic states from the persian gulf take part in competitive football. Turkey is an acknowledged football powerhouse. Somalia is a failed state with  bandits in control of its larger area.

Because they take part in active football doesn't mean they are not violating Allah's rules and regulations. There are some muslims who do not believe in the leadership of Mecca and I don't know whether you are saying we should ignore them when they may actually have a viable argument.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 15, 2010
toba:

Aloy+Emeka:

Which mindset?. Can you please explain there reason because I am sure you've heard it before either in the mosque or from your imams.

You dont just get it,but if i have heard that before,that is not true ,i have never in mylife heard that before.You need to understand the difference bwt nationalities and religion.Somalia as so many clans and some are libral and some are hardliners,but .Your mindset is as a result of the western propanganda.You can also understand and know about other religions.We all learn everyday,i know about so many religions as a result of my travels,when you get to India,the christains are minority and in india there are about 3,000 Gods over there.so when yo want people to learn about christainity you allow them to learn as well.The illitreacy levels are high there and they want to live like the ways people lived many years ago which is wrong.pls get that.some understand it better
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by tpiah: 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2010

@ Aloy-Emeka,

your much acclaimed intellectual capability

nigeria is finished if someone is using those two phrases in one sentence.

i wonder why downright stupidity and area boy mentality now passes for intellectual capability in naija circles?

and then they'll start whining about bad governance!
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by stormm: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2010
@ Aloy

I'm sure you understand English language. Yes there is something called tautology, its just about pointing out what is wrong and not resort to abuse like a deranged idiot. Well it is NL, the virus has afflicted otherwise sane people.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by AloyEmeka5: 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2010
stormm:

@ Aloy

I'm sure you understand English language. Yes there is something called tautology, its just about pointing out what is wrong and not resort to abuse like a deranged . Well it is NL, the virus has afflicted otherwise sane people.

Show me where I abused you please?
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by mamagee3(f): 11:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
Muslims are the biggest saddists in the whole world. . .

That's the only reason why muslims despise an exciting sport like football.

Btw, What has entertainment got to do with religion? Or Is the Koran against that too? undecided

Proof that Islam is the shittiest religion on earth.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 16, 2010
mama-gee:

Muslims are the biggest saddists in the whole world. . .

That's the only reason why muslims despise an exciting sport like football.

Btw, What has entertainment got to do with religion? Or Is the Koran against that too? undecided

Proof that Islam is the shittiest religion on earth.

I have read many comments of yours and i use to think you were well informed and appreciate silently your comments ,but with this one you have written i understand better.
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by philip0906(m): 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2010
@olas2u
r u a muslim? undecided
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by chakula: 9:47am On Jun 17, 2010
Why is question?

philip0906:

@olas2u
r u a muslim? undecided
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by Sc00by1(m): 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
;d
Re: Islam Is Against Soccer? by bmwlondon: 4:42am On Jun 21, 2010
i guess

(1) (Reply)

How A Woman Died In Orji Kalu’s Us Residence / Woman Remanded For Killing Man With Scissors / Armed Robbers On A Rampage In Lagos, Nigeria !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.