Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,896 members, 7,876,410 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 04:34 PM

Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment (1153 Views)

What A Huge Profit Toay As Well.... / Nintendo Wii U may end up being a huge Hit!!!.My thoughts below.What's Yours? / Keighley: Halo Reach Will Be A Huge Leap Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by kosovo(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2010
That was not what I was expecting, the show was a huge disappointment, not a single game was announced except for the crytek game. The best part was MGS:R which is multi platform, MS got the biggest cheer when they gave away free stuff, that was a fail MS. A huge fail. I was hoping for a announcement of anything, Mass Effect, Portal, something to get me excited, in the end I had to force myself to keep watching. Fail MS, an utter Failure. The first half was good, but no huge announcements or shocks it left me feeling underwhelmed. The best showing for me was the Halo demo, looked great. But nothing shocked me, or anyone.

With both Sony and Nintendo looking to have a shot tomorrow, I am really hoping they don’t follow suite and make the confrence 100% casual. MS had a decent start but showed us absolutely nothing of what Kinect can do for the Hardcore. I beg you Sony, don’t do that to us.

http://igamereport.com/2010/06/15/microsoft-conference-was-a-huge-disappointment/
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 14, 2010
The side effects were more interesting than Microsoft's conference. The elephant was cool!!
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by texazzpete(m): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2010
@Kosovo
On a funny note, Joystiq reports that MGS: Rising on the 360 looked as good as (if not somewhat better) than MGS 4.
So much for 'MGS 4 can't be done on the 360', huh?

Microsoft failed to impress with their keynote, i must admit. The initial wave of Kinect games seem more casual oriented, we'll see if there are any 3rd party studios showing anything else during E3.
I can't wait for Nintendo's E3 conference. Forget the Wii, the 3DS is what i'm waiting for.
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2010
texazzpete:

@Kosovo
On a funny note, Joystiq reports that MGS: Rising on the 360 looked as good as (if not somewhat better) than MGS 4.

Microsoft failed to impress with their keynote, i must admit. The initial wave of Kinect games seem more casual oriented, we'll see if there are any 3rd party studios showing anything else during E3.
I can't wait for Nintendo's E3 conference. Forget the Wii, the 3DS is what i'm waiting for.

People should get over MGS4 even Kojima said it himself it was only possible on the PS3. MGS:Rising isn't any better or same. 360 is not same as PS3 seriously let's forget about arguing on these issues. Just admit it, PS3 is more powerful that doesn't mean 360 is weak at all. 360 is still a good gaming console but comparing it to PS3 makes it less of a gaming console. Buy both consoles and enjoy this generation. You buy a wii, you lost cause even wii is planning on releasing an HD console soon. MGS rising won't sell as much cause almost everyone I know is hacking their 360 and play games 3weeks earlier than official release dates.
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by kosovo(m): 6:10am On Jun 15, 2010
texazzpete:

@Kosovo

I can't wait for Nintendo's E3 conference. javascript:void(0);
CheesyForget the Wii, the 3DS is what i'm waiting for.

Joystick would look silly when the final product is released, did the same people not hype the hell out of kinect? but we here now that Microsoft pre-rendered the kinect showing, so much fail for microsoft, Pricing is fail, selling kinect games @ full pledged retail price $60 is also most ridiculous. . who do Microsoft think they are?? Apple?? their arrogance would stop today @ Sony E3 . . . Microsoft couldnt show hardcore games . . . dumping 40 million hardcore gamers like they did with the original xbox is pathetic. . .

Did you not also hear that the legendary Kogima forgot his 360 @ the microsoft conference?? lol cheesy probably in a rush with miyota (check spelling . . resident evil producer) to prepare for a massive Sony E3 Showing . . .

Hoping to see the rumored PSP2 with 4 SPU's OMG OMG shocked. . And NEW IP's , Since sony has announced all their big budget games. . . GT release date alone can make Microsoft E3 more worse, Then probably a PS3 slim bundled with MOVE, cos sony has not released a PS3 slim, the PS3 released last october is only a redisigned PS3, Sony never called it the "PS3 SLIM"

Kinect with halo? lol . . Microsoft full of lies,
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 15, 2010
@ tex

I have seen MGS rising trailer with some in game game play and it is nothing compared to MGS4. I won't be buying it for my PS3 instead download it on my 360. MGS series is officially over unless Kojima himself works on it like MGS4. It's all God of war style dismembering soldiers with sword etc,
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by texazzpete(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2010
kosovo:

Joystick would look silly when the final product is released, did the same people not hype the hell out of kinect? but we here now that Microsoft pre-rendered the kinect showing, so much fail for microsoft, Pricing is fail, selling kinect games @ full pledged retail price $60 is also most ridiculous. . who do Microsoft think they are?? Apple?? their arrogance would stop today @ Sony E3 . . . Microsoft couldnt show hardcore games . . . dumping 40 million hardcore gamers like they did with the original xbox is pathetic. . .

Microsoft showed off Halo: reach and Gears 3. Those are pretty hardcore, if you ask me. And both will probably easily outsell and outlast Killzone 3. Just sayin'
Funny enough, the non-gaming aspects of Kinect are reason enough to purchase the peripheral. That could be HUGE.

Also, Joystiq never 'hyped the hell out' of Kinect. Where did you get that idea? And if anything, kinect deserves some hype. The tech behind the Kinect is far more ambitious than what Sony came up with the Move. Perhaps any failings with the Move may be from the tech being a bit too ambitious for its own good.

kosovo:

Hoping to see the rumored PSP2 with 4 SPU's OMG OMG shocked. . And NEW IP's , Since sony has announced all their big budget games. . . GT release date alone can make Microsoft E3 more worse, Then probably a PS3 slim bundled with MOVE, cos sony has not released a PS3 slim, the PS3 released last october is only a redisigned PS3, Sony never called it the "PS3 SLIM"

Kinect with halo? lol . . Microsoft full of lies,

lol. We'll NEVER see a PSP 2 with 4 SPUs. That alone will make the PSP DoA as battery life will be slaughtered. Besides, Nintendo will release the 3DS which is sure to be technically inferior to the PSP2, but which will murder it in sales (as usual)
Re: Microsoft Conference Was A Huge Disappointment by texazzpete(m): 7:58am On Jun 15, 2010
9jaganja:

People should get over MGS4 even Kojima said it himself it was only possible on the PS3. MGS:Rising isn't any better or same. 360 is not same as PS3 seriously let's forget about arguing on these issues. Just admit it, PS3 is more powerful that doesn't mean 360 is weak at all. 360 is still a good gaming console but comparing it to PS3 makes it less of a gaming console. Buy both consoles and enjoy this generation. You buy a wii, you lost cause even wii is planning on releasing an HD console soon. MGS rising won't sell as much cause almost everyone I know is hacking their 360 and play games 3weeks earlier than official release dates.
9jaganja:

@ tex

I have seen MGS rising trailer with some in game game play and it is nothing compared to MGS4. I won't be buying it for my PS3 instead download it on my 360. MGS series is officially over unless Kojima himself works on it like MGS4. It's all God of war style dismembering soldiers with sword etc,

1. less than 5% of 360 owners have hacked xbox 360s. And i wish you wouldn't be so brazen about piracy.

2. The comment on the graphics quality of MGS Rising came from Joystiq members present in the audience. If highly experienced gaming journalists say an incomplete build of MGS: Rising looks as good as MGS 4, who are we to argue?

3. The 360 is every bit as powerful as the PS3. Come November this year, we'll see Crysis 2 show of graphics on the 360 better than those in Killzone and Uncharted 2. Then we'll separate the FUD from fact.

(1) (Reply)

Psp Slim Up For Purchase! / Africa Gaming Community / Two Fairly Used Original Ps3 Pads For Sale For Just 6k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.