Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,938 members, 7,922,312 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:56 AM

Honest Advice On Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Honest Advice On Marriage (848 Views)

your honest advice to This Young Family / Dilemma - Candid And Honest Advice Needed / In Dire Need Of Honest Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honest Advice On Marriage by Lovei1: 10:12am On Jun 15, 2010
Plz ladies, would you advice a friend or a brother 32 to marry a lady 39 /40 years old with kids from different men? Regardless of loving each other, would that be a wise decision in long term process. I told him to push her away by telling her that you will not marry her so that he will know if her love is real or just on marriage stand. he did and one week back from tavel, she told her that another guy is asking her hand in marriage. he told her that that is nice and a week later my guy told her, he want to marry her. she told him that she is already talking with another for 3 week over getting married and the guy is pleading for her to accept his proposals. do you think that she really love my guy and was my advice wise, plz elaborate on plus and min. peace
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 15, 2010
^^^IMHO
your advice was really poor and childish. you advised him to play hard ball and push her away, she moved on and now your brotha is crawling on his knees begging for forgiveness.LOL!

you should have simply sit down and ask you brotha if he was unhappy or had any objections in marrying this gal, if the answer was NO then you should have said:"then marry her and be happy, what i think doesnt/wont matter"

just because this gal is desperate to get married, doesnt necessarily means that she is bad.
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Lovei1: 11:02am On Jun 15, 2010
1. His fear was only the age difference and effect in long term.
2. If she really love him. sure she is a nice lady but no one can say who a man or a woman is when interest is on marriage.
I still believe that if she truely loved him, jumping onto another guy that she never even meet but only on phone conversation was too poor. According to her, the guy said he was looking for a wife.

Does she worth a wife to be if her mind can be flip by any guy? Can the age gap affect them in long term.
I personally expected one who truely love you to ask you to come and see her parents, if he wanted to marry her. So after telling her that he want to marry and she prefer the guy she was talking with on phone, i suggest the guy should watch out.

Thanks guy
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 15, 2010
again, dont take this gal desperation for marriage with a sign of been not right. thats also the same reason why she will be quick to find a future husband.
this gal may have lost all trust for your bro after he dumped her thus the reason for her not wanting to have anything to do with him.

after discovering all this negative points YOU make about her, your bro still wants to marry her so who cares what YOU expect?! as we can clearly see, what you think and what he thinks is very different. . . . . . . so since HE will be the one living this life with her, let him decide!
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Lovei1: 1:01pm On Jun 15, 2010
the guy has not left her.
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 15, 2010
Love!1:

the guy has not left her.

yes he did by following your advice and "push her away telling her that he wont marry her".
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Sissy3(f): 10:01am On Jun 16, 2010
no your advice wasnt wise. how can you tell someone "after this while, im not going to marry you. meaning its over, youre not fit for me or future family etc" and you call this prank a  of test love? the heart break she endured nko? after being someone after a while esp someone you possibly tend to marry you should be able to pick up some traits from the person that at least tells you something about him/her directly or indirectly.

this just a very useless secondary school sort of prank not what grown up adults should be playing.

he now have to convince her that this was just a prank he played that he doesnt mean it blah blah and tell her to leave the other guy who has promised to marry her. he has a hard work ahead of him in convincing her.
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by luap: 5:18pm On Jun 16, 2010
This is funny. He wants to marry someone who is being pursued by another man? How strange nairaland customes. I think your friend is a sucker, and I can not imagine men from your part of the world are this dumb.

REAL LIFE: Women control pssy and Men control Commitment(marraige). Seems like in your friends case it is backwards. She is controlling the PSSY and the Commitment. Tell your dumb friend to run away and escape for the hills.
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Busybody2(f): 10:03am On Jun 19, 2010
undecided Unless the woman is pulling his legs or lying to hurt him back, how could she meet someone and three weeks later decide to marry him, shuo
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by OAM4J: 5:01am On Jun 20, 2010
Busy_body:

undecided Unless the woman is pulling his legs or lying to hurt him back, how could she meet someone and three weeks later decide to marry him, shuo

exactly my thought.
Re: Honest Advice On Marriage by Sissy3(f): 5:03am On Jun 20, 2010
Busy_body:

she has some special skills Lol.

(1) (Reply)

Housewife Stabs Husband To Death In Ibadan / Nigerian Billionaire In Uk Allowed To Settle Divorce Via 'tribal Law / 11 Easy—and Free!—ways To Say "I Love You" To Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.