Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,414 members, 7,934,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

Ozil Forcefully Quits International Football. [the Main Story] - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ozil Forcefully Quits International Football. [the Main Story] (391 Views)

Cameroon Goalkeeper, Onana Quits International Football At 26 / Eden Hazard Quits International Football At 31 (photos) / Nigeria Qualifies For Finals Of Men & Women's Football @ The All Africa Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ozil Forcefully Quits International Football. [the Main Story] by KOKSNATION: 9:43pm On Jul 22, 2018
"The treatment I have received from the DFB makes me no longer want to wear the German shirt. I will no longer be playing while I have this feeling of racism and disrespect".

"Enough is enough, that is not why I play football and I will not sit back and do nothing about it. racism should never, ever be accepted".

The Arsenal play-maker has called it quit on his international career.

Part of the criticism is centered around racism after a Pre-World cup picture of Ozil with the Turkish President Erdogan surfaced on the internet. According to Ozil the President Grindel's (DFB President) has hit at him several times with hate speeches that entails he is German when they win and Turkish when they loose; "I am German when we win but i am Turkish when we loose, I can't take this anymore".

After the photo with the Turkish president, Ozil was made to cut his holidays short instruction from coach Joachim Low and he was asked to go and explain himself to the DFB president who never gave him attention instead was on and about his political career.

"I was called a goat f**ker by a german politician Bern Holzhauer because of my picture with president Erdogan and my Turkish background, I was also told to 'piss off to Anatollia' a place in Turkey where immigrants are based"

"These German people have used my picture with the President Erdogan to review their political opinions on me. I could remember after our game against Sweden in the World cup, some group of German fans told me 'Ozil, f**k off you Turkish sh*t, piss off you Turkish pig."
I have also received hate mails and threatening calls and comments on social media about my family".

Ozil's decision was based on racism and bigotry. He made it official on his twitter platform few minutes ago. The statement reads: https://koksnation..com/2018/07/ozil-forcefully-quits-international.html

Re: Ozil Forcefully Quits International Football. [the Main Story] by bedspread: 9:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
I think the German officials did not Handle this Issue Well at all.......
I think Ozil was badly treated

Tho Ozil did not also do well.. Politics and Football should not be
Re: Ozil Forcefully Quits International Football. [the Main Story] by Babiod: 11:14pm On Jul 22, 2018
he is not the only one playing for the team,they won and lost as a team,is he unbenchable if he's not playing as you want,Leroy sane that could have added pace to the team wasn't allowed,so they don't have to transfer blame,and it's not his fault at all,Na only him be playmaker.bench him if he's not playing to satisfaction abeg.he is just 1 out of 23 players they brought.

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Ready To Withdraw Interest In Chelsea Ace Willian (Details) / Free Tips, Get Free Membership / Viral Video Of Lionel Messi Seen Dribbling A Bull Dog In His Training Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.