Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,935 members, 7,873,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist (2685 Views)

I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / An Atheist On Judgment Day / As An Atheist Would You Circumcise Your Male Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If he holds on to every religion as true he would end up in hell if some specific religions happen to be true

For instance holding Yahweh - the Jewish mythical god - as true while holding Vishnu of the Indian myth too as true would still land you in hell if Yahweh is true cuz Yahweh said you shouldn't have any other god aside from him

Also Allah of the middle eastern Arabic mythology has the same orientation as Yahweh (some say they're the same)

In a nutshell, there's no surefire way of gaming Pascal's wager
Na wa o! This is the thing with all this religion sh!t. The more you try to force it to work, the more things get messier.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:20am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

You mean Muslims are going to heaven if Christianity were true?
Did Allah ever promise Muslims heaven ? Please answer.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:22am On Jul 23, 2018
delkuf:
I pray you don't hopefully become a landlord here on earth, but also in heaven. I wish we could see one on one and talk, not to debate like you want. I am convinced that if we see, Jesus will touch your heart.
If people like Oyedepo who uses security in his church while preaching divine protection to his sheeples, Adeboye who preaches that anyone who doesn't give 10% to him would not make heaven, Oyakhilome who has turned to god of men in CE, Thief B Joshua who sent prayer water to Sierra Leone as cure for Ebola and saw a female POTUS are all heading to heaven then I'd gladly chose hell where I'd meet Christopher Hitchens, Rich Dawkins, Darwin, George Eastman, Stephen Hawkins, Alan Turing, Daniel Dennet, Peter Singer etc

Even if the pastors I listed don't make heaven I don't want heaven either. I don't want to be in the presence of a megalomaniacal god who demands praise and worship forever

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:24am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Did Allah ever promise Muslims heaven ? Please answer.

Stop beating about the Bush and answer my question

Also you said Koran talks about god but its not from god, how many Muslims have you succeeded in convincing about that?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
I am sorry to say , but
your post does not make sense.
Yeah, I initially thought I got better option for you but unfortunately, hopefulLandlord blocked that side. So unfortunate.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2018
OtemAtum:
Assuming I died as a Christian and found out that Christianity is just a load of crap, I will be very much disappointed. As in... how could I have spent the whole of my earth life following loads of craps? I thank myself anyway for quickly realising the truth and now knowing the creator of Yahweh, Allah and the creator of fictitious Jesus. I have their histories, all of them
Why would you be studying something you do not believe in ?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by delkuf(m): 10:26am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If people like Oyedepo who uses security in his church while preaching divine protection to his sheeples, Adeboye who preaches that anyone who doesn't give 10% to him would not make heaven, Oyakhilome who has turned to god of men in CE, Thief B Joshua who sent prayer water to Sierra Leone as cure for Ebola and saw a female POTUS are all heading to heaven then I'd gladly chose hell where I'd meet Christopher Hitchens, Rich Dawkins, Darwin, George Eastman, Stephen Hawkins, Alan Turing, Daniel Dennet, Peter Singer etc

Even if the pastors I listed don't make heaven I don't want heaven either. I don't want to be in the presence of a megalomaniacal god who demands praise and worship forever
so can we meet
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 10:26am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Brother, the Koran speaks about God , but is it from God ? No !
The Koran and Bible claimed to come from God. What makes one false and the other true?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:28am On Jul 23, 2018
delkuf:
so can we meet

Is there anything you would say to me face to face that its impossible here?

Is this god and holy spirit of yours not everywhere again? why do we need to meet then?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:29am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Stop beating about the Bush and answer my question

Also you said Koran talks about god but its not from god, how many Muslims have you succeeded in convincing about that?
I was a Muslim before , so I have succeeded in convincing myself . Now answer mine .
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2018
chemystery:

The Koran and Bible claimed to come from God. What makes one false and the other true?
Why not read them and find out .
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by delkuf(m): 10:31am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Is there anything you would say to me face to face that its impossible here?

Is this god and holy spirit of yours not everywhere again? why do we need to meet then?
God is everywhere no doubt. but I just want us to meet and talk. maybe lunch or something
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:32am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
I was a Muslim before , so I have succeeded in convincing myself . Now answer mine .
one Muslim! Christianity must be false then since I was able to convince myself of its bullsheetness
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:34am On Jul 23, 2018
delkuf:
God is everywhere no doubt. but I just want us to meet and talk. maybe lunch or something

Sorry I won't meet you in person but I can give you my digits, we can talk privately but physical meeting? No!
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by delkuf(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Sorry I won't meet you in person but I can give you my digits, we can talk privately but physical meeting? No!
ok. we talk then
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:38am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

one Muslim! Christianity must be false then since I was able to convince myself of its bullsheetness
Please define yourself : are you a theist or an atheist ?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Please define yourself : are you a theist or an atheist ?

I'm an antitheist
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I'm an antitheist
Ah! So you are among those who say there is no God but cannot completely disprove the existence of one . Lol...
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 10:45am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Ah! So you are among those who say there is no God but cannot completely disprove the existence of one . Lol...

What? you have no idea what Antitheism is, learn here https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Antitheism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 10:59am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Why not read them and find out .
And making that statement implies you have read both and discovered Koran isn't from God but the bible. So why jump into conclusion that the Koran isn't from god when you can't even justify it?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 11:03am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Yes because there are those like you who first claimed there is god but can't prove it.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2018
chemystery:

Yes because there are those like you who first claimed there is god but can't prove it.

...but have you tried disproving it ? No! So it's a stalemate. Conclusion : let each man , hold on to what he/she thinks is right; so that when we die (of which we must ) , the truth regarding this mystery of whether there is a God or not , will be revealed. Shalom .

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Shelumiel: 11:18am On Jul 23, 2018
chemystery:

...but have you tried disproving it ? No! So it's a stalemate. Conclusion : let each man , hold on to what he/she thinks is right; so that when we die (of which we must ) , the truth regarding this mystery of whether there is a God or not , will be revealed. Shalom . wink
chemystery:

...but have you tried disproving it ? No! So it's a stalemate. Conclusion : let each man , hold on to what he/she thinks is right; so that when we die (of which we must ) , the truth regarding this mystery of whether there is a God or not , will be revealed. Shalom .
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

they are the same ones that will...

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by OtemAtum: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
Why would you be studying something you do not believe in ?
I don't do belief or unbelief. I do 'knowing'. I know what God is and what it is not. I am not an atheist.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by chemystery: 12:36pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
...but have you tried disproving it ? No! So it's a stalemate.
There is no point disproving what you have not yet proved. Because an assertion formed in the absence of evidence requires no evidence to dismiss.

For instance, Do you know there is a giant teapot orbiting our earth in such an angle and way we'll never see it? Show me how you disprove this with evidence. You can only rely on my claims to derive your own conclusion and you are not obliged to live your life on the supposition that such teapot exists just because I claimed without evidence that it does exists.
Conclusion : let each man , hold on to what he/she thinks is right; so that when we die (of which we must ) , the truth regarding this mystery of whether there is a God or not , will be revealed. Shalom . wink
No! When we die, we are 4cking dead. The only time to know the truth is here and NOW. No one is out there to reveal anything. Wake up!
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Greene66: 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

This is fine and dandy but why should we believe you?

I mean what's the difference between your last sentence and a Muslim saying "allah really exists man and Mohammed is his prophet.. Believe me."?

Only experience can tell. Wise men say experience is the best teacher. I've experienced pure evil and real darkness that only God could help me (No doctor could. They said I was mad. Seriously? ). That is why I said he exists.

It's just experience bro.. Not faith.
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by hopefulLandlord: 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2018
Greene66:

Only experience can tell. Wise men say experience is the best teacher. I've experienced pure evil and real darkness that only God could help me (No doctor could. They said I was mad. Seriously? ). That is why I said he exists.

It's just experience bro.. Not faith.

Why should I value your own experience(s) over mine?
Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by CAPSLOCKED: 2:55pm On Jul 23, 2018
PRESENTATION:

On behalf of all Deist,(even though we all don’t meet)

We refuse the acceptance of McCoy662 to practice deism, he is definitely not needed on this end.

He could choose pantheism, Nihilism and any other ism.

cheesy

HE BETTER NOT CHOOSE "ALCOHOLISM" BECAUSE WE REJECT HIM AND ALL HE COMES WITH.
angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by CAPSLOCKED: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I never knew you're a deist

WELL THEY REFER TO EVERYONE WHO DISLIKES THE DOCTRINE OF THEIR RELIGION AS ATHEISTS (THIS INCLUDES PEOPLE FROM MANY OTHER RELIGIONS THEY'RE IGNORANT OF). IT'S NOT EVERY TIME THAT WE HAVE THE TIME TO REMIND THEM WE'RE NOT.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by CAPSLOCKED: 3:01pm On Jul 23, 2018
Shelumiel:
My Brother , our life here will come to an end one day ;this something the Christian, Muslim and the atheist acknowledge. And what lies after that ,we do not know. So here is my advice : hold unto the words of the Bible; just take it for what it is (this is called faith ) . If in the end , it turns out that the Bible and the information in it was wrong , you have nothing to loose . But if it turns out to be true , then you would have saved yourself from something far worse than unbelief Shalom .
chemystery:

It's very stupid to go that way bro. There are thousands of religions and the best bet would be to hold unto the beliefs of all these religions. That way, you will not come short of any eternal goodies if any one of these beliefs happens to be the true one. There will also be nothing to loose if they all happen to be false. Just do that and thank me later.
hopefulLandlord:

If he holds on to every religion as true he would end up in hell if some specific religions happen to be true

For instance holding Yahweh - the Jewish mythical god - as true while holding Vishnu of the Indian myth too as true would still land you in hell if Yahweh is true cuz Yahweh said you shouldn't have any other god aside from him

Also Allah of the middle eastern Arabic mythology has the same orientation as Yahweh (some say they're the same)

In a nutshell, there's no surefire way of gaming Pascal's wager

WE'RE IN TROUBLE GUYS. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
No one was able to give op a reasonable answer, interesting...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cameroon Blacklists T. B. Joshua / I Will Never Marry A Catholic. / Names Of Funny Churches In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.