Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,941 members, 7,873,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:54 AM

Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness (44709 Views)

Man Assaults And Films A Lady Naked For Rejecting His Marriage Proposal In Kogi / Policeman Slaps Soldier In Aba, Soldier Brings His Colleagues To Beat Police / Policeman Slaps Woman, Stabs A Man And Attacks Two Others At Pedro, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 23, 2018
lostnegro:

I get your point,you are seeing him as a foreigner but most of them were born Nigerian.but i get you

Can a Nigerian born in Lebanon do this and get away with it? Yes or No.
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 24, 2018
HypocriticalMod:
cheesy try this same shiit in their country and be jailed immediately. The problem with africa is we don't love each other. We are not proud of ourselves. We are not united.

Don't say Africa, let the Lebanese try this shyt against a citizen in front of the police of Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, rwanda , Seychelles and see what will happen to them. We Nigerians are our own enemies , what this policeman did was showcase how our society is . We would sell our own to slavery as long as the enslaver will give us a plate of food sad. It's very sad when you visit other African countries and see how the poor are treated with respect by civilians and how the officials first give preferential treatment to their own than foreigners. We have a long way to go as a society trust me.

1 Like

Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 24, 2018
EmmaFitBody:

Can a Nigerian born in Lebanon do this and get away with it? Yes or No.

Never bro.
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 24, 2018
samchuks1991:
I'm certainly sure that something like this would not happen in Ghana, even Chinese bosses in Ghana are scared to have issues with Ghanaians, Nigeria comes first amongst shit hole countries, imagine what would happen if a foreigner (Nigerian) hit a Lebanese on their country, i know for sure that the worst would happen, As for NP, we all know how useless they are

My brother you have said the truth. In some African countries foreigners are made to know their place, they don't rule over locals as they please , the government won't have it and certainly their citizens would never let those foreigners be at peace . We are loud against ourselves but very docile against foreigners.

2 Likes

Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by chiedozie198100: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2018
Ghanaian police will never do this grin
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by dederocs(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2018
Omo you for caste the place
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by madejibo: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2021
Hahaha, I am back on Nairaland o, after many years of absence. So my story got here, wow!

love2017:

How can a Lebanese rubbish be maltreating you in your father's land.....cant you ask for his resident permit?
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by madejibo: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2021
Yes it was a true account of events that night, it happened to me

Obierika:
How are we sure that what you have posted here is a true account of what actually happened?
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
stane007:
A Lebanese man spotted in a viral video on Twitter, has been accused of assaulting a Nigerian in Novare Mall Lekki, Lagos.

An eyewitness and Twitter user @madejibo who recounted the encounter, said the Lebanese man also attacked him when he brought out his phone to record the incident. According to him, after a Policeman was invited to handle the situation, he was slapped and detained at the mall till 12:30a.m.

Read his tweets below;

Am starting a thread on #lebanesebrutality in Nigeria in #Novarelekki

On the 20th of July, 2018, I came into Novare Mall to watch a movie Lara and the Beats at about 830pm. Ater the movie, on my way out, I noticed a Lebanese man in HandH restaurant and cafe ill treating a Nigerian and I brought out my phone to record

The Lebanese man saw me and accosted me with the sole aim of seizing my phone. I tried to resist but he over powered me. At this point, a group of security men came including a man who introduced himself as the Chief Security Officer (CSO).

The CSO ordered I handed over the phone to him but I blatantly refused. He sent a guard to call the police. A policeman came and without listening to my side of the story gave me a deafening slap and dragged me by my trousers (like a criminal) to a police post within the premises

I was forced by the police, Novare's security and the Lebanese man to delete the video from my phone. The staff that was been beaten by the Lebanese was cajoled to say that the Lebanese man was only playing with him.

Under so much duress by the police I was told to write a statement which was dictated to me. For the fear of my safety, I complied. The Lebanese man also claimed that I cut his wrist watch strap, but in the video, he had no wristwatch on while he was beating the staff.

The police said for taking the video I had done something criminal according to the law of the land. I was left to go around 1230am.

On my way to my car the Lebanese man tried to offer me money but I refused. After driving to safety by a stroke of thought, I recovered the video and posted it on Instagram.

I was thoroughly harassed in Novare Mall, a place I come to practically everyday to shop. I have also reported this incident to people in case I am attacked in the nearest future for putting out the video. #lebanesebrutality #Novarelekki

Here is the video;

https://lailasnews.com/lebanese-man-assaults-nigerian-in-novare-mall-lekki-policeman-slaps-eyewitness/

We have too many fools in this shithole of a country. Just picture a Nigerian maltreating a Lebanese in Beirut. Hope you got the point?
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
Factfinder1:
Our police can bow and worship a Zimbabwean if only money is involved

A Zimbabwean is a human. Those idiots can bow and worship a chimpanzee if it has up to N500 tied to its waist.
Re: Lebanese Man Assaults Nigerian In Novare Mall Lekki, Policeman Slaps Eyewitness by SleakBuzzPR: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2021
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Sex Worker Vomits Blood After She Was Hit With Charm On The Head / Woman Bathes Neighbour With Hot Water In Lagos (photo) / Teacher Stabs Husband To Death In Lagos (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.