Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,911 members, 7,872,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 (8030 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match

Spain: 60% (6 votes)
Switzerland: 20% (2 votes)
Draw: 20% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Argentina Vs Switzerland World Cup (1 - 0) On 1st July 2014 / Spain Vs Italy - Confederations Cup (7 - 6) On Pens On 27th June 2013 / Spain Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup (2 - 1) On 16th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mbulela: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2010
bgees:

Didn't Del Bosque oversee Spain's woeful outing at the Confederations cup? Compare  Luis Aragonés' tenure to this.  
Every man has a degree in hindsight.
sir, you have a masters degree (cumlaude) in it.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by bgees(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
medjai:

i seriously think FIFA should start counting point. . . I think Spain will bounce back. They did in Euro 2000. They lost their opening game to Norway and returned with wins against Slovenia and Yugoslavia. Del Bosque has returned Spain to its underachieving years. Aragones is better coach. Iniesta was shite in this match. He should have been replaced with a more direct Fabregas. Fabregas and Torres are more direct because of the EPL!

exactly, Del Bosque lacks better ideas. We should have seen Mata instead of Navas.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by bawomolo(m): 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2010
i see no reason why spain can't defeat an honduran team that only had 35% possession of the ball against the chile.   chile would be a tough nut to crack but spain should get at least 4 points or else wahala dey
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Oba234: 5:14pm On Jun 16, 2010
stop blaming the ball. A lot of the small teams put their heart in their game and they win. The bigger teams just come and expect to win.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
Say what,

Hitzfeld is the greatest football coach in the whole world, He changed Switzerland football and beat mighty Spain
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by biodun70(m): 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2010
I EAT my word!. Switzerland has done the impossible!! -beaten Spain. 37 matches unbeaten against European opposition(since November 2006 vs. Romania)-all that statistics thrown into the dustbin today!!. Is La Furia Roja's history of World cup failure set to continue?
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by HNIC(m): 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
Amazing!
No one predicted this
In fact, People were thinking it would be the first 6-0 scoreline
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 5:16pm On Jun 16, 2010
kabukabu:

Crying over spilt milk, blame the ball while your opponents are blasting goals into your net, go Swiss

In all HONESTY. . . . .There's a big conspiracy with the JABULANI. . . . .
This world cup has been designed to favour the Germans(No wonder they are the biggest WINNERS yet).

When ADIDAS designed this EVIL ball in January, they rolled it out to Bundesliga for control experiment.
In other words, German players have had sufficient time(more than 6 months) to practise with this ball thus mastering the arts of kicking it.

While EPL/La Liga/Serie A players were SAMPLING the old balls, the Germans were busy with the JABULANI.
Isn't this an undue advantage designed to favour the fuckin NAZIS?

No wonder Ronaldo's shot hit the bar. . . . .Alonso hit the bar. . . . .Crosses are getting overhit/underhit.
Heskey shot straight to the keeper and David Villa's in-step fatality(100% GOAL-GUARANTEED) went over the BAR.

If Germany wins this world cup, i will sue SEPP BLATTER.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by SCYLLA: 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

This world cup has been designed to favour the Germans(No wonder they are the biggest WINNERS yet).

When ADIDAS designed this EVIL ball in January, they rolled it out to Bundesliga for control experiment.
In other words, German players have had sufficient time(more than 6 months) to practise with this ball thus mastering the arts of kicking it.

While EPL/La Liga/Serie A players were SAMPLING the old balls, the Germans were busy with the JABULANI.

No wonder Ronaldo's shot hit the bar. . . . .Alonso hit the bar. . . . .Crosses are getting overhit/underhit.
Heskey shot straight to the keeper and David Villa's in-step fatality(100% GOAL-GUARANTEED) went over the BAR.

Can it be a joint suit?
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2010
SCYLLA:

Can it be a joint suit?

It can. . . . . . .

There's no way Villa wouldn't have scored with his in-step FATALITY.
He has used that technique to score 40 times out of 40. The flight of the ball when he applied the same technique today was weird.
A whole David Villa, missing a sure-banker like that? I could put ma life on the life for him not missing such.

The Germans have an advantage over the others.
No wonder Lahm looked like a world class player.
The same Lahm that Nani sodomised for more than 180 mins in April. Rubbish.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by medjai(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2010
the Jabulani cant just stay down. any thing other than point blank range and its soaring over the bar.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by gongoaso1: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2010
and where is that clown called TIPSTER   angry
grin grin grin
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:27pm On Jun 16, 2010

Boo hoo hoo.

The Jabulani was released to all football association in December 2009,
It was used for FIFA world club cup in 2009 which No German team participated,
It was used for the African cup of Nations which no German player participated

Now its the fault of the ball ROFLMAO,

Next thing it would be because of Jos crisis and Gulf oil spill
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
Dont forget Del Bosque has always been Hitzfeld boy boy.

In previous meetings between them Hitzfeld flogs him 6 games to 2
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jun 16, 2010
Historically, No world cup winner has ever lost its opening game
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by SCYLLA: 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

It can. . . . . . .

There's no way Villa wouldn't have scored with his in-step FATALITY.
He has used that technique to score 40 times out of 40. The flight of the ball when he applied the same technique today was weird.
A whole David Villa, missing a sure-banker like that? I could put ma life on the life for him not missing such.

The Germans have an advantage over the others.
No wonder Lahm looked like a world class player.
The same Lahm that Nani sodomised for more than 180 mins in April. Rubbish.
I think I agree with you Sauron those Germans looked too comfortable on the ball, way way way way more comfy than brazil, even robinho had his shot zipping all over the place. JAbulani wahala!

Me thinks Fifa's hands might have been tied sha or is it not possible to force all leagues to use it?
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by jalether(m): 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2010
Dk stop making noise. what's so special about putting 9 men behind the ball. that's a default/automatic instinct of smaller or inferior teams to get

result against the big boys. so what's the big deal about negative footie?.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Boo hoo hoo.

The Jabulani was released to all football association in December 2009,
It was used for FIFA world club cup in 2009 which No German team participated,
It was used for the African cup of Nations which no German player participated

Now its the fault of the ball ROFLMAO,

Next thing it would be because of Jos crisis and Gulf oil spill

Sometimes i think you have problems with comprehension. . . . . . .

A tournament of 3 weeks should be compared with practising the same ball for 6 months, isn't it?
EPL's official football is designed by NIKE and i am sure Germany is the only country who has got ADIDAS as their official ball.
So put your IQ into a simple task this once and compare the players who went off to play the ball for 3 weeks(and returned back to use the old balls) AND the Germans who have been using to since it was launched.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by ogazi007(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2010
This is a big shock.silva should not see any game till they pack their load from southy.
i hope INESTA's career is not going down the drain?injury should leave the boi alone pls.
Spain cant win this world cup,and its a shame for collection of good players they had at the moment.
i know they will make through to the next round.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by nues1985(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2010
Dem don ridicule Spain o, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2010
Dk stop making noise. what's so special about putting 9 men behind the ball. that's a default/automatic instinct of smaller or inferior teams to get

result against the big boys.  so what's the big deal about negative footie?.

Shocking statements from a guy who supports Chelsea the headquarters of negative football.

Sometimes i think you have problems with comprehension. . . . . . .

A tournament of 3 weeks should be compared with practising the same ball for 6 months, isn't it?
EPL's official football is designed by NIKE and i am sure Germany is the only country who has got ADIDAS as their official ball.
So put your IQ into a simple task this once and compare the players who went off to play the ball for 3 weeks(and returned back to use the old balls) AND the Germans who have been using to since it was launched.

So whose business is it that the official ball of EPL is Nike?

Fact is the ball was released to all National association in December If the FA chairman decides to keep it under his bed then whose fault is that?

A lecturer gave you Area of concentrations and you sold it to groungnut seller, Whose fault?
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by mykali(m): 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2010
Spain disappointed me
i was so lucky i didnt put my money on them
a very close friend lost a huge amount of money,
saying Spain would equalize and win by a 2 goal margin
he's sulking right now.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by buzugee(m): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Historically, No world cup winner has ever lost its opening game
you have been in america for too long. time to come home my brother. you are starting to sound like one of them. pulling out irrelevant statistics out the wazoo  grin grin wink
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by jalether(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

Shocking statements from a guy who supports Chelsea the headquarters of negative football.

What does your statement prove? nada. point to a single post where I have ever been in support of negative footie even when it involves my team

and besides chelsea played beautiful/attacking footie this season breaking many records. duh. your response is clearly an unclever and played out

way of ignoring the [b]fact [/b]that there's nothing special or remarkable about negative footie.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

So whose business is it that the official ball of EPL is Nike?

Fact is the ball was released to all National association in December If the FA chairman decides to keep it under his bed then whose fault is that?

A lecturer gave you Area of concentrations and you sold it to groungnut seller, Whose fault?

Dayokanu, use your IQ for once in the afternoon. . . . .

It's a contract Nike have with EPL, La Liga and Serie A(the elite leagues in Europe).
Ok, French's Ligue 1 also use ADIDAS balls but i am sure Anelka, Evra, Sagna, Gallas, Henry, Benzema and Abidal don't play in that league.
The Germans have 90% of their players in their shyte league so tell me how this isn't an advantage for the Nazis?
One point remains clear. . . . . . .Some players have had lesser use of this JABULANI than the others and that is grossly UNFAIR.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Gunnaz007: 5:52pm On Jun 16, 2010
My beloved spain, why cry cry cry

But that mofo del basket shuda intro Cesc nor
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by SCYLLA: 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2010
Well I am a bit at crossed roads as per who to blame but all fingers point directly at fifa. Is it not possible for fifa to ask all leagues to use it? and if not then why not give to a neutral company and ask them to adopt it ? At least that way it would have been balanced I am sure Nike would be saying over thier dead body would the jabulani be used in the UK grin grin grin now rooney cannot shoot.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2010
FIFA has a contact with Adidas so what should be done

The bundesliga does not have official match balls each club provides ball they want for each match day

Adidas will provide the official match ball for the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga from the 2010/11 season. The League Board and the DFL accepted the bid from the manufacturer of sports equipment from Herzogenaurach on Wednesday (May 6th 2009), bringing the tendering process started in March to a successful conclusion.

The rights package purchased by adidas includes the provision of the official match ball, the option to produce certain licence products and advertisements on the league's platforms.

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/official_bunderliga_ball.htm
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by Sauron1: 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2010
dayokanu:

FIFA has a contact with Adidas so what should be done

The bundesliga does not have official match balls each club provides ball they want for each match day

http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/official_bunderliga_ball.htm

But Bayern Munich, Schalke and Bayern Leverkusen used the balls STRICTLY at their home games. . . . . .

SCYLLA:

Well I am a bit at crossed roads as per who to blame but all fingers point directly at fifa. Is it not possible for fifa to ask all leagues to use it? and if not then why not give to a neutral company and ask them to adopt it ? At least that way it would have been balanced I am sure Nike would be saying over thier dead body would the jabulani be used in the UK  grin grin grin now rooney cannot shoot.

Rooney cannot shoot. . . . . . .Messi cannot score. Kaka cannot control the ball.
Anelka misfired. Ronaldo fluffed his lines. . . . .David Villa and Torres cannot control the ball. With the NIKE balls, these star players woulda scored.
In 4 weeks time, i won't be surprised if FIFA tell us Klose and Ozil are the tournament's joint best players.
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
I am a bit at crossed roads as per who to blame but all fingers point directly at fifa. Is it not possible for fifa to ask all leagues to use it?

And what happens to the contract signed by the EPl with Nike?

and if not then why not give to a neutral company and ask them to adopt it ?

Who is a neutral company and who is a biased company.  FIFA signed a contract with ADIDAS so what should become of that?

FIFA released the ball 6 months ago to all football assocations so what else should FIFA have done.

At least that way it would have been balanced I am sure Nike would be saying over thier dead body would the jabulani be used in the UK     now rooney cannot shoot.

I copied the below from wikipedia about players opinion about the ball

Other responses to the Jabulani has been more favourable, however. American Clint Dempsey has said that "if you just hit it solid, you can get a good knuckle on the ball (, ) you've just got to pay a little bit more, you know, attention when you pass the ball sometimes."[20] Alvaro Arbeloa, commented that "it's round, like always."[21] The Adidas-sponsored Brazilian midfielder Kaká said that "For me, contact with the ball is all-important, and that's just great with this ball."[22] The Adidas-sponsored Czech goalkeeper Petr Cech had several positive comments about the ball, saying it had good visibility due to the colour pattern, that felt good to handle, and when kicked it had good control.[23] The Adidas-sponsored English midfielder Frank Lampard called it "A very strong ball, true to hit."[24] The Adidas-sponsored German midfielder Michael Ballack said it was "Fantastic, the ball does exactly what I want it to." [25]
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On Jun 16, 2010
abeg tell me why that coach no wan dey use Torres and Villa together?

thats why they no fit win anythn

abi that coach dey crase?

all ma money don go cos i bet say den go win

that coach na bastard abeg
Re: World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010 by binaflexia: 6:07pm On Jun 16, 2010
hmmnn, spain too like knocking.

They won't survive the chileans, so practically, they won't cross the group stage.

My Prediction
Spain 1 - Chile 2
Spain 2 - Honduras 0.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Andy Murray Defeats Roger Federer To Win Olympic Tennis Gold / Flying Eagles, Falconets Win On Matchday 2 At The All Africa Games / Australia Vs Denmark: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 0) On 30th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.