Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,919 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:51 AM

My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy (38930 Views)

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by shoelotng(m): 11:15am On Jul 25, 2018
In any tale of love or marriage, it is always advisable to hear the second side as well before a well rational judgment is pronounced

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Ikpongiton: 11:16am On Jul 25, 2018
do not quit your marriage because your inlaws are coming for help.marriage is like a package,what you see inside,is what is for you.stay put,do what you can,and leave the rest after all,if they were dangote or indimi's it is you that would've still enjoyed.carry your cross,lad .

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by OvaSabi1(f): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2018
Maxvasia:
I am surprised no one quoted this horrendous comment of urs. Presumption from the depths of LAWMA thrash! I had to go back to read the post cos wen I read ur comment, it made me wonder if i read it at all at first. Is there any part of the post that suggested he is spending money on other women? U just conveniently remixed the post to suit the modus operandi of ur saliva filled brain. Next time read well or if u cannot read at all, just keep it moving. I am sure u are a female cos no man would show so much abysmal imbecility/lunacy.

You think that only females can show imbecility and lunacy but you'll come and say somebody's comment is horrendous.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Ikpongiton: 11:21am On Jul 25, 2018
TDonald:
OP, if you don't divorce that stupid wife of yours na Ogun go kill you angry
bad woman,you want to snatch him from his wife.home breaker .
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by hope4nigeria(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
My wife and her family members are driving me crazy. Their involvement in my home is becoming embarrassing. I may have to give my wife the red card asap. Her family poke noses into all my affairs. How I spent my money, who I give my money to, who I visit, and so on. All they want is to continue to expend money on them and live my life for them. I got their daughter a job, her salary isn't enough for them, how can I be taking care of able bodied men who have refused to work with their certificates, looking for jobs with good pays before they'll work, their pensioner father is not also helping matters, very difficult to please. I have made it known to my wife that our marriage contract did not include pleasing her family members but she won't listen then I worked my transfer from Lagos to Abuja, yet they're on my neck. My wife's younger brother is presently in Abuja without any clear cut mission other than to come and monitor my affairs. He called me around 7pm yesterday to tell me he's in Utako and that I should come and pick him from pack, I told him I didn't invite him to Abuja so why should I pick him up? I asked him if he didn't have a mission before coming and why he should get to Abuja before notifying me that he's coming to my place. I shunned him and switched off my phone. I switched on the phone now only to read 3 abusive text messages from my wife and one from her father threatening that if anything happens to his son, I'll be held responsible. My people, can you see my life? My pastor have been trying to broker peace between us before I left for Abuja to no avail, what I intended to do is to settle down here and get her relocated so that if she's a bit far from her family, things will work out. I'll instruct a lawyer to file divorce papers tomorrow, I can no longer take it.
remember that game on android RUN.
don't divorce her, just run, when your wife brain reset, she will choose who to marry between you and her family. Abandon her for like a year, if she love you for real, she will become normal again and stop involving family in marriage. Most women behaving this way are clean and young women who endup marrying their 1st love, they lack experience about marriage
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by e7ejinima: 11:31am On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
...My wife's younger brother is presently in Abuja without any clear cut mission other than to come and monitor my affairs. He called me around 7pm yesterday to tell me he's in Utako and that I should come and pick him from pack, I told him I didn't invite him to Abuja so why should I pick him up? I asked him if he didn't have a mission before coming and why he should get to Abuja before notifying me that he's coming to my place. I shunned him and switched off my phone. I switched on the phone now only to read 3 abusive text messages from my wife and one from her father threatening that if anything happens to his son, I'll be held responsible.

, I can no longer take it.

Your wife's family has formed an unhealthy circle around you.

- the young fellow arrives town without informing you, calls for you to come pick him (are you his driver?), you shun him and your wife powers abusive txts (is that how she's brought up? Who's in charge Here!?), she informs his father who then calls you with more abusive language...(what do they take you for - their factory worker or domestic hand?). Your father inlaw has not right calling you when he did not inform you earlier that his child was heading to your station. A lot also depends on how you respond to their stupidity. Be stern and call his bluff.

You should focus on breaking this circle, which they take as the norm because you have allowed certain patterns to be established earlier.

Call your wife first and establish a new family order that accommodates only you two and your children, if any. Declare that you don't want to relate directly with her people, that should be her duty as relating with your own family is your duty.

Finally bare your mind to her that failure to curb the current unhealthy pattern of interference in your family life can hurt your marriage to her.

Abeg, just to complete our knowledge and learning....pls is that your wife from Mbaise or anywhere in Imo State? Cos that's how they behave

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by IkeJAH(m): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2018
Mr man, you are the one troubling and driving yourself crazy for not being able to know where your problem is coming from.

First; Your wife didn't do anything to warrant a divorce, she didn't cheat, disrespect or commit any abomination. We should sometime view things from different angles before taking actions, you know how difficult it is for a woman to stop her family members from coming close to her husband, she MIGHT not be happy with what they are doing, but in a bid to stop them will have it look like she's pushing them away from you and might create problems. So I ask "HAVE YOU DISCUSSED THIS ISSUE WITH YOUR WIFE?"

The rate of entitlement mentality from wives and their families is something else in Nigeria. Reason why we should be wise and careful before getting married.

Stop running around, discuss this issue with your wife, if she's a good woman, she'll understand you and do whatever it'll take to keep you happy and relaxed by sketching a strategy with you, but if she tries to give attitude about your complaint, then you'll have to go rude and aggressive to let her know what is as stake(Divorce, for her to marry her family members so that you'll have peace).

Discuss with her first.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by pocohantas(f): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2018
donstan18:
Mr man, you are the one troubling and driving yourself crazy for not being able to know where your problem is coming from.

First; Your wife didn't do anything to warrant a divorce, she didn't cheat, disrespect or commit any abomination. We should sometime view things from different angles before taking actions, you know how difficult it is for a woman to stop her family members from coming close to her husband, she MIGHT not be happy with what they are doing, but in a bid to stop them will have it look like she's pushing them away from you and might create problems. So I ask "HAVE YOU DISCUSSED THIS ISSUE WITH YOUR WIFE?"

The rate of entitlement mentality from wives and their families is something else in Nigeria. Reason why we should be wise and careful before getting married.

Stop running around, discuss this issue with your wife, if she's a good woman, she'll understand you and do whatever it'll take to keep you happy and relaxed by sketching a strategy with you, but if she tries to give attitude about your complaint, then you'll have to go rude and aggressive to let her know what is as stake(Divorce, for her to marry her family members so that you'll have peace).

Discuss with her first.

Guy, read the opening post again o.
Good woman ke? Wetin good about OP wife grin
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by VULCAN(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2018
I'm not sure if there is anything more irritating than when a person narrates a complex marital problem and people respond with "sit him/her down and discuss it"

It's oftentimes better not to comment than to say what is sooo blindingly obvious.

Is there any man or woman in OP's shoes who would not have made their feelings known to their spouse before coming to an anonymous forum to cry out?

It's even OK if you provide a brilliant structure to such discussion that the complainant may not have thought of but no, it ends with "discuss it"

We are not talking of boyfriend and girlfriend matter but marriage!

donstan18:

Discuss with her first.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by peacengine(m): 11:36am On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
My wife and her family members are driving me crazy. Their involvement in my home is becoming embarrassing. I may have to give my wife the red card asap. Her family poke noses into all my affairs. How I spent my money, who I give my money to, who I visit, and so on. All they want is to continue to expend money on them and live my life for them. I got their daughter a job, her salary isn't enough for them, how can I be taking care of able bodied men who have refused to work with their certificates, looking for jobs with good pays before they'll work, their pensioner father is not also helping matters, very difficult to please. I have made it known to my wife that our marriage contract did not include pleasing her family members but she won't listen then I worked my transfer from Lagos to Abuja, yet they're on my neck. My wife's younger brother is presently in Abuja without any clear cut mission other than to come and monitor my affairs. He called me around 7pm yesterday to tell me he's in Utako and that I should come and pick him from pack, I told him I didn't invite him to Abuja so why should I pick him up? I asked him if he didn't have a mission before coming and why he should get to Abuja before notifying me that he's coming to my place. I shunned him and switched off my phone. I switched on the phone now only to read 3 abusive text messages from my wife and one from her father threatening that if anything happens to his son, I'll be held responsible. My people, can you see my life? My pastor have been trying to broker peace between us before I left for Abuja to no avail, what I intended to do is to settle down here and get her relocated so that if she's a bit far from her family, things will work out. I'll instruct a lawyer to file divorce papers tomorrow, I can no longer take it.

This is the main problem in your marriage bro. How you treat your family and hers matters to her, she won't understand if you take care of yours buh want nothing to do with hers. Chairman, try change this attitude for a better marriage
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by ACE1010: 11:37am On Jul 25, 2018
Equal2DeTask:
grin angry

Will I still marry?.

grin cheesy grin
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Justhere: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
never you go to the park to pick that boy
never you open the door of you home to him too
the best thing you can do for him is to give him again exact t-fare from abuja to any park in lagos without including pure water money
lastly, never you divorce your wife. let her choice btw you or family but always give to her family what you wish not what them want.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Kingpinukecy(m): 11:38am On Jul 25, 2018
what a pity...I felt for u guy .

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by sexy74(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2018
apeleone:
Divorce should not be your next line of action,call your wife to order. She has to choose between building a new family with you or sticking to her biological parents. For your in-law make provision for him to leave over the weekend with a standing order that visitors/family can be welcomed on invitation.
how do you call a wife to order that insults and threathens you because you refuse to pick the brother that came to abuja without your consent?
Sincerely the young man gave room for all tis and he should close the door to them all including his wife.
They want to rep where they ever sowed.
If it where them will they tolarate it?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by ImaIma1(f): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2018
Themandator:

Thank you. I am from Anambra state and married to an Imo beautiful woman but you see if you don't lah the ground rules this people will relocate to your home and make life unbearable. My wife knows that no mortal changes my order..... Not even my parents.

The day the father gave her instructions to be in their village, I just called him and told him she won't be there... He said he is asking her to come and I told him, air,she is my wife and I have told her she can't do such...she only cried and resumed her life.

Whenever they call her that this one is coming and she informs me, I simply ask her the month we are in.... If she says July, I says, it doesn't look holiday period here does it

I like men like you...firm and in control.

But please do not be too harsh on her. Know whem to bend and allow
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by sexy74(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2018
Justhere:

never you go to the park to pick that boy
never you open the door of you home to him too
the best thing you can do for him is to give him again exact t-fare from abuja to any park in lagos without including pure water money
lastly[b], never you divorce your wife. let her choice btw you or family but always give to her family what you wish not what them want.[/b]
I agree with what you said except the bolded ones, the wife is not different from her family members, its a family thing based on the way they are brought up.
In the part of divorce its always a last resort especially when one of the parties does not want to shift grounds and life is under threat. So if he is facing any of this, better he comes out from this alive than die in it.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by peacengine(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2018
TalkingBird:
"My wife and her family members are driving me crazy.... '

You and your wife are one family. Your own family.

Every other family is an extended family.

If you note this then work on making it a reality.

To begin change the narrative and then we talk.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by 1stNumeroUno: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2018
I'll wait for the wife's version of the story before I give advice/suggestions. It's barely a week that one madam led us all astray...if you know you know.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by VULCAN(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2018
Was it on purpose that you ignored what he recounted about the help he has given to his wife and her family so far(knowing that he would have done much more but space will not allow him itemise them all)?

Or your eyes just went straight to a statement he made to his wife which is a normal response to their excessive demands and expectations from him?

peacengine:

This is the main problem in your marriage bro. How you treat your family and hers matters to her, she won't understand if you take care of yours buh want nothing to do with hers. Chairman, try change this attitude for a better marriage
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by blackgold2018(m): 11:45am On Jul 25, 2018
You must be a good man and too kind. That's the problem.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Olumeme: 11:46am On Jul 25, 2018
I want to laugh but I don't know how to..
I don't even know how to start advising you.
I think you have given them too much leverage to misbehave for a very long time, you have condoned rubbish right from inception and it has chocked you.

Now let me tell you something, to get some powers, you must be able to take risks, you have worked your transfer to Abuja, which is a very good step.
The first step is to hold your wife and deal with her, threaten her you'll divorce her if she ever mention her family problems to you inLol clear terms, and whenever she tries to, shut her and flare up, don't talk to her or Eat her food, just go on with your work and business of she calls you at work, don't pick, ignore her for like a week.

If the family calls, don't pick of they send u an abusive message, draft a very brutal and more abusive message and fire back at them, insult them very well, insult their grand father and great grand father, tell them to go work with their plastic hands, tell them their father is irresponsible that they should stop begging you for money

If you can do this for like a month or two, they will know you're not for jokes, maybe you have been too accommodating, you need to draw this line very strongly.

Let Met tell you, sometimes you need war to stop war, diplomacy don't solve problems sometimes, gentility is sometimes taken to be Stupidity.
Take your destiny in your hands, fight back in a very decisive way and all of them will be at your mercy.

Use your head

4 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by kjhova(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2018
Equal2DeTask:
grin angry

Will I still marry?.
Marriage is a bed. Whether it is of roses or thorns is up for discussion.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by GrammarCheck: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2018
pawesome:
what is this one saying...

But he is correct.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by NinaArsenal(f): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2018
I feel ur pain brother, You and your wife needs to visit a marriage counselor. don't file for divorce yet coz u are angry. Please Also pray and ask God for his directions.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by kunyeo(m): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2018
You are the cause of the problem!

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by sandra50(f): 11:53am On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
Some people can be so stupid,so the brothers are not ashamed being taken care of by a fellow man?who even goes to someone's house unannounced?my kid sister always tells me she is coming when ever she wants to even though I'm not married,not because I will say no but because she needs to tell me.i have never asked my in-law who lives abroad money even when he asked me if I needed a particular car I said yes and never asked for it again because I'm actually not in need of it.and he talks about it to his friends that his wife's family never ask him for anything..he gives us gifts during Xmas and what ever it is we always call to thank him,big or small.
When I get married,my husband will respect my father and my father will respect my husband..if my father disrespects my husband and after speaking to him he doesn't change then he wouldn't see me in that house again and if my husband does same we will go home and trash it out.anybody that disrespects my husband will have to have to do without me forever.

Now you need to talk to your wife,if her mother or any of her relatives are staying with her they all need to go and that if you ever hear you family matter outside the marriage will come to an end..again none of her family members should ever ask you for money..just give her what you feel will be enough for her and the kids because she is working also and for about the brothers,let them go and get something doing before the important girls and you start taking care of them all.
What ever you say goes from now on and if she refuses then you send her out,what nonsense is that?if it means not going to her family house for years then so be it because that is where they will waiting for you to pay you back for all they feel you did to them..I want to commend you for not allowing the brother come to your house,when she finishes wondering in Abuja let him go back to where ever he came from.and even your wife should not come to Abuja because thesame thing that made you run away from Lagos will come u again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Palado(m): 11:55am On Jul 25, 2018
Do not divorce your wife as it is not right with GOD.
Talk to your wife of the need to leave out her family from yours if you have one. make your wife wise
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Rhozabeth(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
This of course can only happen in Africa! But seriously divorcé is not just the next option and it looks like you have not handled the issue well in d first place that's why you had to run! You have also not been firm, you have allowed them to push you around in d beginning that's why it is difficultly for you to deal decisively with the situation!
You need to begin to do things differently by first calling your wife and giving her INSTRUCTIONS on what you want and what u don't and the consequences of doing what u don't want! Am sure she will not want to use her hand to destroy her marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by GoldHorse(m): 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2018
I wouldn't want to be blunt or be too blunt else I would have called you some not funny names bros.

Person go behave one kain so tey dem go dey Wan call the person the Yoruba M... word.

It's like your wife's family invested in you a lot and a lot in you before you could stand on your feet else..... Abi na super story u dey tell?

Act!.... and stop complaining.

LET PEOPLE (your wife inclusive) KNOW WHAT YOU STAND FOR AND WHAT YOU WILL NOT STAND FOR. That is if you know it (what you stand for) yourself.
Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Peterpanny: 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2018
Equal2DeTask:
grin angry

Will I still marry?.
am 27 am financially ok but DAT tin call marriage weak me tire.if I just do mistake tell mama say I no sure say I go marry ha that woman go just disown me.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Family Are Driving Me crazy by Mac2016(m): 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
joa2013:
Possibly, you and/or your wife are Igbo.

It is not about tribal profiling but this seems so rampant amidst the Igbos. All siblings of the wives, especially, wanting to make it (selfishly) thru their ready-made in-laws. Sir, I am sorry to hurt you but it seems your wife does not love you really or maybe she cherish her family more than the home you were supposed to build together.

Partly, it might be your fault. It might be that you are "sissy" in nature; easily jiltery when threatened or this type with excessively caring hearts without showing your "manly" fist.

I have some light questions. Where are your parents? If alive especially your mum, good. Did you get their approvals before getting married especially from your dad if he was alive during ur marriage "stuffs" because elderly men are mostly keen to see this kind of end from its beginning and would have advised you appropriately.

I feel your pain but dear brace up and cut off this crap. Treat your woman like a woman and draw your lines and tell her the rules of the new game and the severe consequences of not abiding strictly to rules.

If she still play pranks with ur feelings then sorry, she is not your wife. Fucking separate from her and share her a bit of the miseries you have suffered all this long in isolation.

Be tough and the open minded at the same time.

I can write forever on this kind of topics. Let me rest it here....

God wis with you.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Rise Of The Feminist Wedding / So This Is Marriage? / Nigerian Grandmother Shows Off Her Swags In New Photos. See What She Did

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.