Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,763 members, 7,875,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:02 AM

Defections: The Drama, The Facts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Defections: The Drama, The Facts (21945 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts To The Drama At National Assembly Today / 2019: Why I’m Not Bothered About Defections – Buhari / 2019 Elections Showdown: Defections From APC Is Good For Democracy - IBB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by blackpanda: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:
I laugh at the euphoria greeting the defection.

APC and Buharists have known long ago that these decampees were only APC in posturing but PDP in their deeds. So, not surprising.

The following facts remain unchanged irrespective of the defection

1. At the end of all defections, APC will still be in firm control of at least 20 solid states

2. Most of the defectors already lost out in supremacy battle for the control of the party structure in their state. That means they were not in charge in their various states. The only exception is Saraki/Kwara

3. Many of these decampees actually rode on Buhari Tsunami to win in 2019. Not the other way round. Examples are Monsurat Sunmonu, Hunkuyi, Sheu Sanni, etc.

4. PDP will surely experience worse version of current development by the time it goes through primaries/convention for national election, especially the presidential primary. Surely, Atiku, Kwankwaso and those who didn't leave PDP in 2015 will battle to finish. Expect some defections to APC after PDP's primaries grin grin grin

5. The politician who will get 40% of the entire votes in the North against PMB has not been born. Forget all the online noise. I watched Atiku's declaration event and I could only laugh at him. grin grin grin

After all is said and done, APC will have a majority in 2019 and will control nothing less than 20 states which will be core APC states.

PMB till 2023 is a project on course. All this na side attractions.

You have said it all. Gbam!
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by sekem: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Let them all go...

Good riddance to bad rubbish
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by TEYA: 1:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
tomakint:
Fantastic piece and apt analysis. I quite agree on the part of the Senators shifting resumption till September 25 in order to deliberate on their next strategic move to cause more havoc upon resumption and yes it is common knowledge that more defection will still be carried out which will further denigrate APC further. Definitely, with Oshiomole's rash and crass approach to simple matter and delicate ones there will be more defections within the APC Governor's circle, why? Buhari is no more a movement nor a force to reckon with as he was in 2015, therefore the smart Governors within APC will follow suit after the deserted Senators, that is, jump ship. APC, a party of strange bed fellows is ordained from inception to be buried before PDP politically. Perhaps, it is prophetic that Oshiomole was brought in to prepare the burial. I rest my case
I foresee no other apc governors apart from Tambuwal and Ortom defecting. Wither the current Apc state CEOs in place, I do not foresee Pdp posing any serious threat. And these senators from apc defecting, how will the most popular senatorial candidates in their constituencies take their return? Will they step aside for the new entrants to hold away? Lol. Only way the decampees can wreck serious havoc on the APC is by assisting old members in getting into the senate which I believe is impossible given their insatiable thirst for power. Well, all we can do now is analyse, after the primaries we shall know and in 2019, we shall know even better.

2 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by sekem: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

APC and Buharists have known long ago that these decampees were only APC in posturing but PDP in their deeds. So, not surprising.

1. At the end of all defections, APC will still be in firm control of at least 20 solid states

2. Most of the defectors already lost out in supremacy battle for the control of the party structure in their state. That means they were not in charge in their various states. The only exception is Saraki/Kwara

3. Many of these decampees actually rode on Buhari Tsunami to win in 2019. Not the other way round. Examples are Monsurat Sunmonu, Hunkuyi, Sheu Sanni, etc.

4. PDP will surely experience worse version of current development by the time it goes through primaries/convention for national election, especially the presidential primary. Surely, Atiku, Kwankwaso and those who didn't leave PDP in 2015 will battle to finish. Expect some defections to APC after PDP's primaries grin grin grin

5. The politician who will get 40% of the entire votes in the North against PMB has not been born. Forget all the online noise. I watched Atiku's declaration event and I could only laugh at him. grin grin grin

After all is said and done, APC will have a majority in 2019 and will control nothing less than 20 states which will be core APC states.

Gbam

You are so right, my brother

In fact, flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens did

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Donchyke007(m): 1:36pm On Jul 25, 2018
Wolves in human clothing...jumping from party to party like yoruba owambe. These bunch of selfish , self centered scally wags ar just after their own interest. If they like let dem defect to ANC of South Africa...e no concern me as e no affect price of garri for market positively. We are 200years backwards in this country. Analysing Nigerian politics is just waste of precious time one should b using to double his/her hussle mehn....Shioor!
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by FBIL: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Written by APC sympathizer!
Our dream is to see Bubu return to Ungwar mangoro in Daura katsina, come 2019.

4 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by maestroferddi: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
PHILipu1:

You forget to add that APC now control Kogi,Ondo and Ekiti state unlike in 2015.

Also add that PDP don't have anybody like Tinubu in southwest.

I see a walk over victory for APC and Buhari in 2019
Buhari in Kogi State... Don't be a clown.

Nobody in their right mind would cast a vote for the disaster called Buhari.

You are too daft to see the revolt building across the nation against clueless tyranny...

4 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by ozento: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
tomakint:
Fantastic piece and apt analysis. I quite agree on the part of the Senators shifting resumption till September 25 in order to deliberate on their next strategic move to cause more havoc upon resumption and yes it is common knowledge that more defection will still be carried out which will further denigrate APC further. Definitely, with Oshiomole's rash and crass approach to simple matter and delicate ones there will be more defections within the APC Governor's circle, why? Buhari is no more a movement nor a force to reckon with as he was in 2015, therefore the smart Governors within APC will follow suit after the deserted Senators, that is, jump ship. APC, a party of strange bed fellows is ordained from inception to be buried before PDP politically. Perhaps, it is prophetic that Oshiomole was brought in to prepare the burial. I rest my case
well said my brother
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by CharlotteFlair: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2018
Montaque:
APC cannot survive after Buhari, 2019 or 2023. Better the implosion happens now cos its inevitable
Passingshot how about this?
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by tomakint: 1:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
TEYA:

I foresee no other apc governors apart from Tambuwal and Ortom defecting. Wither the current Apc state CEOs in place, I do not foresee Pdp posing any serious threat. And these senators from apc defecting, how will the most popular senatorial candidates in their constituencies take their return? Will they step aside for the new entrants to hold away? Lol. Only way the decampees can wreck serious havoc on the APC is by assisting old members in getting into the senate which I believe is impossible given their insatiable thirst for power. Well, all we can do now is analyse, after the primaries we shall know and in 2019, we shall know even better.

According to the book, "Mafia Manager", Revenge is a meal best served cold, no APC Governors will give the impression of defecting now but at the nick of time the shocker will start surfacing as a matter of fact, many of them will not defect physically but will deliver their states for PDP, it happened in 2015 and it will be repeated more in 2019. You can bookmark this. Buhari is finished

4 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Firefire:

Having failed as a BBQ seller, natural habitant became sycophancy for 30k monthly BMC job. grin

Kai Barber!
same job you are doing for nothing. Isn't he in a better place than you?

2 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by maestroferddi: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
sekem:

Gbam

You are so right, my brother

In fact, flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in the heavens did
Slow thinking Yoruba Muslim spotted.

Robotic mentality...

2 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by billyG(m): 1:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Am just wondering which idiots in PDP will willfully surrender his tickets to d new decampees.there will b blood bath,after all PDP is known as d killer party.
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Koolking(m): 1:51pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

I couldn't agree more. You nailed it exactly how it appears.

The decampees are nothing but troublers who wants nothing but their selfish interest, which they will never get in PDP. There is likely going to be an opposing camp in PDP before and after the primaries. Am watching the drama unfolds in HD.

PMB no shaking in 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Myself2(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
I wanted to read through the write up,,,,,,, till I saw it was from the nation newspaper. Mtchewww
That Tinubu paper that is more biased than bias itself
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by sekem: 2:05pm On Jul 25, 2018
maestroferddi:
Slow thinking Yoruba Muslim spotted.

Robotic mentality...

Even after quoting a famous line in the Bible?

Oga, I think you are the slow thinker here...

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by kapelvej: 2:13pm On Jul 25, 2018
[quote author=Firefire post=69681308]

You can never be objective no matter how you try.

Buhary till 2045! Buhary till Nigeria is no more![/quote grin grin]

2 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by AK481(m): 2:16pm On Jul 25, 2018
PHILipu1:

You forget to add that APC now control Kogi,Ondo and Ekiti state unlike in 2015.

Also add that PDP don't have anybody like Tinubu in southwest.

I see a walk over victory for APC and Buhari in 2019

U forgot to add that the north central people wants to live and no die, because of the death and killing by herdsman ,they want change.
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by PHILipu1(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
maestroferddi:
Buhari in Kogi State... Don't be a clown.

Nobody in their right mind would cast a vote for the disaster called Buhari.

You are too daft to see the revolt building across the nation against clueless tyranny...
lol.
We heard all this before Ondo,Anambra and Ekiti elections that nobody in his right mind will cast their votes for Buhari party but we all saw the results.

Not everybody are as foolish as the 5% people.
We know what is going on and at the end,majority will carry the day

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by maestroferddi: 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2018
sekem:

Even after quoting a famous line in the Bible?

Oga, I think you are the slow thinker here...
You are indeed slow...

Are Muslims not known to quote the Bible to give their religion some semblance of credibility?

Osun State man, will you now swerve make I see beta people?
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by maestroferddi: 2:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
PHILipu1:

lol.
We heard all this before Ondo,Anambra and Ekiti elections that nobody in his right mind will cast their votes for Buhari party but we all saw the rights.

No everybody are as foolish as some people.
We know what is going on and at the end,majority will carry the day
You are a dull student...

What does it tell you that after the blatant and rigging of the Ekiti election, politicians are deserting the sinking ship called APC?

Your temporary compromised victory in Ekiti is supposed to galvanize members of APC but things are falling apart...

Yoruba Muslim, chai na who do you?

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by PHILipu1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
AK481:

U forgot to add that the north central people wants to live and no die, because of the death and killing by herdsman ,they want change.

And majority of the north central people know that this killer herdsmen are being sponsor by those that lost power in 2015 to discredit the present government.

At the end,we will know if those that Buhari is behind it or those who believe PDP is behind it.

Wait,is Atiku,Kwakwoso,Lamido,Dankwabo etc that your PDP may present not Fulanis and Muslim like Buhari too?

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by bedspread: 2:24pm On Jul 25, 2018
PassingShot:

If APC still exists it will not have more than 5states...
The katakata dt will divide apc finally is Oshimole
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Enice(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
tomakint:
rubbish talk. With the exception of Kwakwanso and Saraki, the rest senators got elected on the back of PMB. They have no political weight or structure of their own and can do no sh!t.

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Dpleaser: 2:32pm On Jul 25, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are indeed slow...

Are Muslims not known to quote the Bible to give their religion some semblance of credibility?

Osun State man, will you now swerve make I see beta people?
Don't be a religious bigot, enough of this hate speech in this country abeg

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by PHILipu1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2018
maestroferddi:
You are a dull student...

What does it tell you that after the blatant and rigging of the Ekiti election, politicians are deserting the sinking ship called APC?

Your temporary compromised victory in Ekiti is supposed to galvanize members of APC but things are falling apart...

Yoruba Muslim, chai na who do you?
Lol.
Funny that you have been brainwashed and can not reason properly.

Among those politicians that decamped,which of them is in the good books of their governors?

Most of them have been told by their governors to forget about coming back in 2019 and they only decamp to try their luck in PDP and other parties because they have no option because this governors will make sure they lose their senatorial primary elections before even the main election.

Is it possible to win a senatorial or rep seat now in Nigeria when you are against your state governor who party control your state and and aso rock?

Do you think Shehu sani stand any chance in APC with El-rufai controlling Kaduna APC?

Do you think Dino stand any chance in Kogi with governor Bello controlling APC in kogi?

None of them stand any chance in 2019 and they only join PDP and other parties to try their luck.

Well,those defectors have no option,not that they really wanted to move.

They were forced and chased out by their governors and state party leaders..

2 Likes

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Oluwadare316(m): 2:41pm On Jul 25, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Buhari is a Dullard and Saraki dealt with him ruthlessly
. is he really a dullard
����
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Biggybambam2: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
If Buhari has a Tsunami, why was he defeated in 3 elections?

Buhari won because of the decamped PDP members and APGA support. ACN had just one state (Lagos)

1 Like

Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

2019 elections will be North vs North.it won't be like 2015.Buhari is not more a northerner than Atiku,Makarfi,Lamido,Kwankwaso,Dakwambo etc

I will remind you of this comment on the 15th and 16th of February 2019. I hope the men you think can beat Buhari can convince the 22Millon Alimajari's in the North cool cool cool
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by shotuns: 2:53pm On Jul 25, 2018
You forgot this is the season finale, it was expected and more might still attempts to cross over. I am not surprised because it happens every election year. They are FFO and FPO
For food only and For pocket only.

Hustle2flex:
Our politicians are truly behaving like u descended testes. always swinging from one party to another.
Re: Defections: The Drama, The Facts by Ovamboland(m): 2:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
lastmanstandn:
The game of defectors is about self survival, you’d be naive to think they by any means consider party ideology or love for country.

In this game, impeaching the presidency (P and VP) is the only dominant strategy > than the 2019 election (1) which benefits @bukolasaraki as @NGRPresident. Even if Saraki’s strategy yields a payoff > 1, the defectors would have to rely upon some extra-systemic intraparty (using forces outside of the PDP to rig preexisting aspirants out) rigging to get automatic tickets which only takes us back to the early 2000s of fake primaries and undemocratic behaviors.

You guys need to understand that impeachment is not equal to removal. The fact that a 2/3 majority voted to impeach the president does not mean he's removed.
They must constitute a panel acceptable to the president and they must prove the crimes he committed beyond doubt. Usually treason and other high crimes are the only impeachable offenses. You can't remove a president because he's incompetent in your opinion or you don't like him or disagree with his policies.
While at that what will you call the crimes of the VP, did he also aid herdsmen or wants to islamize Nigeria?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In Niger Cry Out — We Support Niger; We Don't Want Attack On Niger / Fayose Drives A Caterpillar As He Flags Off Road Dualization In Ekiti. Photos / Tinubu, Aregbesola And South West Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.