Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,369 members, 7,929,153 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 10:08 AM

The Light Of The Word - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Light Of The Word (271 Views)

Christianity Has Lost The Light / Jesus Is The Light Of The World / The Word For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Light Of The Word by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:38am On Jul 25, 2018
The Light Of The Word

An insight into the wondrous things in the word of God is what brings results to supernatural living.

When your eyes get opened and you see the wondrous seed in the word, you must proceed to sow it in your heart.

This is because your heart is the good ground. That is where you receive the word. You don’t receive it in your head, but in your heart, then it brings light.

And what does light do? it dispels darkness.

The entrance of thy words giveth light.
Psalm 119:130

Any problem confronting you is a form of darkness. When the word enters your heart, it brings along with it light which dispels the darkness.

The Bible says in 1 John 1:5;
This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

Two things are obvious from these scriptures;

i) Light comes by entrance of the word
ii) God is light

Now if God is light, and the entrance of His word releases light, it follows that the entrance of His word releases or sets God into action.

And when God gets into action on your behalf your triumph is established. This is truth.

On a certain day, some years back, I came in contact with a woman who had been childless (barren) for eighteen years.

That same day, before she came, I was getting set to travel, but she insisted that I listen to her and just pray with her.

When she was through with talking, I showed her the scripture (Deuteronomy 7:14). The light of that word shone bring in my heart that morning before that woman came.

She read it. And I asked: “Do you believe what you have just read?” She answered in affirmative. Then I said; God said that you and even your cattle, are covered by the covenant of fruitfulness.

I spoke from a heart lightened by the truth of God’s word. As I spoke, her face lightened up and her eyes sparkled with the light of this word.

Faith arose in her heart; you could perceive it. I prayed a simple prayer of faith for her. To the glory of God she became pregnant.

The entrance of His word releases God. If you allow the word of God that you hear to enter into you and ignite a fire, you will have no darkness lurking around you in all areas of your life.

For instance, the testimony I just shared is capable of shattering the darkness of barrenness from the life of anyone called barren.

Darkness does not struggle with light. In fact darkness is the absence of light! Thus when light comes darkness flees and your way becomes clear before you.

When light comes, the weakness of darkness is revealed, for the word of God is the light that shines in darkness and darkness cannot comprehend it (John 1:5).

Every mountain, every problem and issue of concern in life is a form of darkness and all you need to deal with it is the entrance of God’s light through His word.

The divine nature is provoked into action through the entrance of the word of God.

The supernatural is compelled to manifest through the entrance of the word of God.

The seed of God’s word must however enter into your heart before it can grow to produce the fruit of the supernatural.

Hallelujah

David Oyedepo

Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

We Are The Liberation, Army!

Contact Us, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (Reply)

Learning To Learn As A Leader (1) - Isaiah 51:1-2 / When People Talk About Slavery / Whaooo! Watch This Praise And Worshiping, Very Aggressive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.