Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,443 members, 7,894,897 topics. Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 05:18 PM

Internet Fraud: Obiano Impersonator Begs For Forgiveness - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Internet Fraud: Obiano Impersonator Begs For Forgiveness (264 Views)

I Haven't Eaten For Days - Plantain Thief Caught In Sagamu Begs For Forgiveness / DSS Arrests Impersonator Of Speaker Gbajabiamila (Photo) / Impersonator Of Oba Adeyanmi Jeremiah Olugbenga Oduwole Arrested In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Internet Fraud: Obiano Impersonator Begs For Forgiveness by OrientDailyNews: 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2018
By O'star Eze

Okwudili John, an internet fraud suspect, has admitted to swindling two victims of 110,000 naira through impersonating Anambra state governor, Chief Willie Obiano. John, a 30-year-old political science graduate from Delta state, was recently arrested and paraded by the Anambra police during which he pleaded for forgiveness of the police and the state governor.

Explaining how he defrauded his victims, John said he created a Facebook account bearing the name and picture of Governor Willie Obiano for months ago. He said that his victims were people requesting for loan or employment. He, however, said he had since dropped the act after operating for four months. In his words, “They are the people who approached me for assistance and I was able to convince them to pay the money.

One paid N50,000 while the other paid N60,000. I feel ashamed of my action and regret it.” He asked to be given a second chance saying that he had dropped the act over a month before he was arrested. Earlier, the Anambra state commissioner of police, Garba Baba Umar, stated that the suspect was arrested by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS on July 9, 2018.

In his words, “The 30-year old Okwudili John was said to belong to internet fraudsters, popularly known as “Yahoo Boys,” who fraudulently obtain money from innocent victims under false pretense. “He was also involved in using fake Facebook accounts and impersonating prominent persons including Governor Willie Obiano.”

CP Umar disclosed that the Anambra state police was well equipped to detect and trace internet fraudsters to their hideouts. He said that the police was out to make the state uncomfortable for anyone that engages in internet fraud. He advised young people to desist from such act and become resourceful and positively engaged.

Orient Daily reports that Okwudili John is a graduate of political science of Imo State University. Source: https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/internet-fraud-obiano-impersonator-begs/

(1) (Reply)

Security Adviser To Former Bayelsa State Governor Accused Of Raping A Girl / 17-year-old-seeking-protection-against-enemy-abducted By Herbalist / How Sacked Driver Robbed Boss Using Toy Gun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.