Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,330 members, 7,891,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:32 PM

Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation (2556 Views)

Gbemisola Saraki: Why Nigeria Is Linking Niger, Landlocked Countries With Rail / Saraki: Why Buhari Has No Integrity / Saraki: Why I Want To Be President - Rule Of Law, Fairness & Justice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by famotechs(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2018
The Senate President in a statement by his Media Adviser, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said his response to the Police invitation which was despatched on Tuesday was duly acknowledged.
According to him, all the issues and questions raised in the police invitation letter were answered, and sent to the police authorities on Tuesday.

He noted that after answering all the questions raised by the police in his letter, he did not think there was any need for him to go to the police personally.

The Senate President added that his letter to the police was self explanatory hence there was no need for him to go personally to the police for the same issue.

The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had on Monday invited Saraki to appear before the Police Special Anti-Robbery Unit in Guzape police station to answer questions over his alleged involvement in the Offa robbery incident.

Saraki had stated in an earlier response on Monday that the invitation by the Police to report to a station in Guzape over the Offa robbery investigation was “a mere afterthought which is designed to achieve political purpose. “

He had stated then that he had it on good authority that the Police had already decided on the suspects to arraign in court in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mohammed U.E., and that the turn around to invite him was a ploy aimed at scoring cheap political points

http://www.thengtimes.com/2018/07/saraki-why-i-didnt-honour-police.html?m=1
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by SheikhMuniru(m): 7:17pm On Jul 25, 2018
BUBU'S SLAVES IN BLACK UNIFORM INVITED YOU TO THEIR OFFICE, YOU FAILED TO HONOUR DEM. BROS YOU GET MOUTH grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Kewtt: 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Who is the mole in Buhari's presidency

What do I know... Jimoh Moshoodi is from Kwara State... Again what do I know..
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Minjim: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
So if the police invited me to explain some grey areas in an investigation, I should simply write them a written explanation.

Some ppl are certainly above the law

3 Likes

Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by engineerboat(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2018
Minjim:
So if the police invited me to explain some grey areas in an investigation, I should simply write them a written explanation.

Some people just ignore reading.

Please read this

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/06/saraki-police-soft-pedal-seek-response-writing/

1 Like

Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Ingocof(m): 8:54pm On Jul 25, 2018
famotechs:
The Senate President in a statement by his Media Adviser, Yusuph Olaniyonu, said his response to the Police invitation which was despatched on Tuesday was duly acknowledged.
According to him, all the issues and questions raised in the police invitation letter were answered, and sent to the police authorities on Tuesday.

He noted that after answering all the questions raised by the police in his letter, he did not think there was any need for him to go to the police personally.

The Senate President added that his letter to the police was self explanatory hence there was no need for him to go personally to the police for the same issue.

The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, had on Monday invited Saraki to appear before the Police Special Anti-Robbery Unit in Guzape police station to answer questions over his alleged involvement in the Offa robbery incident.

Saraki had stated in an earlier response on Monday that the invitation by the Police to report to a station in Guzape over the Offa robbery investigation was “a mere afterthought which is designed to achieve political purpose. “

He had stated then that he had it on good authority that the Police had already decided on the suspects to arraign in court in Ilorin, Kwara State on Wednesday based on the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP), Mohammed U.E., and that the turn around to invite him was a ploy aimed at scoring cheap political points

http://www.thengtimes.com/2018/07/saraki-why-i-didnt-honour-police.html?m=1

But if you as senate president invite any one such is permitted to write you?
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Ichokwu: 9:28pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ingocof:

Yes. The IG did same thing grin

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by somito121(m): 9:29pm On Jul 25, 2018
Some comments here are just so daft. Recall that the police sent a letter to saraki telling him to put in writing his reply and he did so. The police acknowledged it and said he was free. Then all of a sudden they say he should appear at their office by laying siege at the front of his house and that of his deputy at the same time, a rational thinking person will know that the coup plotter thought he was smart. If only you guys knew what happened between 1982 and 1983.
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by selemempe: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ingocof:

u guys are hypocrites. The senate invite igp...he refused to go...una hail igp as strong man

Police invite SP...he sent letter...una begin yarn dust.

Our own from the saner side of the niger is to be observing with popcorn

2 Likes

Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Ingocof(m): 9:35pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ichokwu:

Yes. The IG did same thing grin

Noooooo, IG rightly sent his deputy because the issue is not about IG but about security situation in the county and about Dino's arrest, so the issue is about the police and not the person of IG that is why the Senate couldn't do anything against him but this issue is about the person of saraki not any other person
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Guestlander: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2018
"He noted that after answering all the questions raised by the police in his letter, he did not think there was any need for him to go to the police personally."

If you were not instructed to send a letter then the police will be justified to issue an arrest warrant against you without any further notice.
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Ingocof(m): 9:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
selemempe:
u guys are hypocrites. The senate invite igp...he refused to go...una hail igp as strong man

Police invite SP...he sent letter...una begin yarn dust.

Our own from the saner side of the niger is to be observing with popcorn

that is hypocrisy my brother, the IG rightly sent his deputy because the issue is not about the person of IG but about the police, he was invited because of the security situation in the county and about Dino's arrest, so it wasn't personal that was why the case died a natural death because the senate came to their senses but his own case is personal and therefore he has no hiding place
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Guestlander: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Guestlander: 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2018
Minjim:

Can you imagine the arrogance. Where is that done anywhere on the planet?
Being the Senate president doesn't put you above the law.
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by flames01: 10:40pm On Jul 25, 2018
Kewtt:
Who is the mole in Buhari's presidency

What do I know... Jimoh Moshoodi is from Kwara State... Again what do I know..

I don't see moshood taking side with saraki
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by flames01: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2018
Minjim:

Those people above the law must be taking after buhari, who has disobeyed series of court orders to prove that he is above the law.
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by MakeNigeriaGrea: 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2018
Guestlander:

Can you imagine the arrogance. Where is that done anywhere on the planet?
Being the Senate president doesn't put you above the law.
Some of you come here to comment without checking your facts right. If you have been following this stuff,Police asked him to write letter to them and when he did,he was set free. Then all of a sudden that decamping is now on,he is asked to come back again.
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by theemy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ingocof:

that is hypocrisy my brother, the IG rightly sent his deputy because the issue is not about the person of IG but about the police, he was invited because of the security situation in the county and about Dino's arrest, so it wasn't personal that was why the case died a natural death because the senate came to their senses but his own case is personal and therefore he has no hiding place
I don't know why people reason upside down the IG was summoned in person after 2 attempts he didn't show up he then sent his deputy I think he is getting what he is dishing out
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by theemy(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2018
Ingocof:

I don't know why people reason upside down the IG was summoned in person after 2 attempts he didn't show up he then sent his deputy I think he is getting what he is dishing out
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Guestlander: 11:19pm On Jul 25, 2018
MakeNigeriaGrea:

Some of you come here to comment without checking your facts right. If you have been following this stuff,Police asked him to write letter to them and when hdid,he was set free. Then all of a sudden that decamping is now on,he is asked to come back again.

What are the facts? If the police ask you to report and you refuse to do so an arrest warrant can be issued against you. That is just the way it is. If you have nothing to worry about what is the big deal in honoring a police invitation?
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by KingLennon(m): 12:25am On Jul 26, 2018
When he was in APC, the IGP never invited him. But when the heard he was going to defect, they invited him. grin. Politics....
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Kewtt: 2:53am On Jul 26, 2018
flames01:

I don't see moshood taking side with saraki
Politics the more you look the less you see
Re: Saraki: Why I Didn’t Honour Police Invitation by Ingocof(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2018
theemy:

Get your facts right my brother, IG didn't for once rejected the invitation, he didn't go as the issue was about the police but he sent DIG

(1) (Reply)

Osun Re-run Election: Result Released So Far / Senator Dinomelaye Causes Stir With His Bike In Abuja. Photo / Before You Compare Amotekun With Hisbah...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.