Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,558 members, 7,888,790 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:17 PM

A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar (423 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / Picture Of A Mosque & Church Side-By-Side In Jos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by Ojpharz(m): 6:57am On Jul 26, 2018
Apostle Essien Ayi, the Senior Pastor of the Peniel Church of God in Calabar, has donated one million Naira for the completion of a central mosque and Islamic Centre in Calabar, the capital city of Cross River State.

Ayi who is also a politician representing Akpabuyo/Bakassi/Calabar-South Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives, said Nigerians should be their brothers’ keepers, irrespective of religion.

Sponsored

The cleric and lawmaker, who made the cash donation at Gbogobiri, a Hausa settlement in Calabar, said the gesture was also to appreciate the support he has enjoyed from them.

He said:

“Every human being whether Christian or Muslim believes in God, a creator. The religion may be different. The mode of practicing may be different, but it is tilted towards one being, which is God.

“Also the Muslim society has been very supportive of me right from when I was chairman and they informed me that their former mosque had been demolished and they are trying to erect a new and befitting mosque. I feel as a representative, they too are my constituents. I am bound to make a token donation towards the completion of that mosque. We should be be our brothers’ keepers. We are all Nigerians irrespective of our religion.”

Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by prospero5(m): 7:02am On Jul 26, 2018
world peace, i pray for this world.
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by zionmde: 7:14am On Jul 26, 2018
RUBBISH
While there are many Christians just a hundred thousand would change their lives. so many Christian destitutes out there, some Christian kids who can't go to school because of fund and all this man could do is to fund a terrorism breeding ground where they will still gather and preach hatred against Christians
Churches and pastors nowadays, tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by accused(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2018
Dis gay monkey we know him in calabar south. in his days as lg chiarman if u oppose him,he wil send his boys to kidnap u nd rape u
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by Perfectbeing(m): 7:41am On Jul 26, 2018
zionmde:
RUBBISH
While there are many Christians just a hundred thousand would change their lives. so many Christian destitutes out there, some Christian kids who can't go to school because of fund and all this man could do is to fund a terrorism breeding ground where they will still gather and preach hatred against Christians

Sir, how many Christians have you given N10000 to in your street?
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by zionmde: 8:03am On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:

Sir, how many Christian have you given N10000 to in your street?
I don't give out money on the streets. I invest in their future. If u want to join me, I can give u a means to sponsor at least 1 kid back to school this September

1 Like

Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by enilove(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2018
zionmde:
RUBBISH

Don't mind him. You should know people like him are false.

He did it for personal political gain. He has received his reward.

Matthew 6:2-4 KJV
Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
[3] But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:
[4] That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by Perfectbeing(m): 4:11pm On Jul 26, 2018
zionmde:

I don't give out money on the streets. I invest in their future. If u want to join me, I can give u a means to sponsor at least 1 kid back to school this September

What happens when you see someone that desperately needs 10 thousand naira cash maybe for house rent?
Do you sponsor his education or you give him the money?
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by zionmde: 4:14pm On Jul 26, 2018
Perfectbeing:

What happens when you see someone that desperately needs 10 thousand naira cash?
There are many questions that would follow behind.
That's not my focus, I prefer helping Children

If the person is clean, No betting, womanizing, drinking, smoking etc I will consider helping out
Re: A Pastor Donates One Million Naira To A Mosque And Islamic Center In Calabar by Perfectbeing(m): 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2018
zionmde:

There are many questions that would follow behind.
That's not my focus, I prefer helping Children

If the person is clean, No betting, womanizing, drinking, smoking etc I will consider helping out

Alright sir. Just wanted to know

(1) (Reply)

Whirlwind Scatters Church Crusade / Celestial Church Of Christ / RCCG Sunday School, Sunday 23 September, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.