Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,774 members, 7,969,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 12:57 AM

20 Writing Tips From Fiction Authors - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 20 Writing Tips From Fiction Authors (300 Views)

The 'I Am A Chosen' Phenomenon: Separating Fact From Fiction In Religious Test.. / 10 Nigerian Authors Whose Books You Must Read This Year / Hills And Wills Nwokedi, Twin Authors Of Dominik's Diaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

20 Writing Tips From Fiction Authors by SonofIssachar: 1:28pm On Jul 26, 2018
Writing success boils down to hard work, imagination and passion—and then some more hard work. iUniverse Publishing fires up your creative spirit with 20 writing tips from 12 bestselling fiction authors.

Use these tips as an inspirational guide—or better yet, print a copy to put on your desk, home office, refrigerator door, or somewhere else noticeable so you can be constantly reminded not to let your story ideas wither away by putting off your writing.

Tip1: “My first rule was given to me by TH White, author of The Sword in the Stone and other Arthurian fantasies and was: Read. Read everything you can lay hands on. I always advise people who want to write a fantasy or science fiction or romance to stop reading everything in those genres and start reading everything else from Bunyan to Byatt.” — Michael Moorcock

Read more at: http://www.issacharprojects.com/20-writing-tips-from-fiction-authors-2/

(1) (Reply)

Caught In The Middle! "Choose You This Day Whom You Would Love." / Random Musings / What A Man Can Conceive, A Man Can Belief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.