Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,903 members, 7,872,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:41 AM

Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS (16426 Views)

Lawan, Abaribe Trade Words Over Conduct Of 2019 Polls / INEC Budget: Presidency Attacks Saraki / Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by dane15: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2018
NGN578bn constituency projects in a year for 469 lawmakers, means each lawmaker will get NGN1.2bn on the average for constituency projects.

6,403 projects for 469 lawmakers means each lawmaker will carry out at least 12 projects in their constituency costing NGN100m on the average.

Normally, by the time you add these projects to the FG and State Projects, every part of the country should feel the Government but as usual, it will just end up as a means to siphon money.

Now, over NGN200bn is being budgeted for elections. This is an unprecedented increase of over 100% on the last election.

I am yet to see why we will spend close to $0.8 billion on elections and we won't have credible elections.

With the amount of money we are spending, voting should be electronic, results should be real-time and rigging should be minimal.

Meanwhile, this NGN578bn for constituency projects and NGN228bn for elections will completely tar most of the death-trap roads in Nigeria at least or finally solve the problem of electricity but no way! We must chop mentality don kee all of them.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by MakeNigeriaGrea: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Back from suspension for saying th truth about senator Akanbi and tejuosho....
I think that moderator is Buhari's asslickers. He bans people for speaking against Buhari. I have been banned twice on this NY account and another.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by ChristianNorth: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2018
So the Meyatti Party is begging now?
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Charly68: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Imagine what saraki is doing as a rebellious leader. APC is indeed in trouble..
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by SHNAYAJO: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
only God is our hope in this country.. Dats a crazy money 4 an election.. this is a broad day robbery..
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by notoriousbabe: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
Make una no answer am
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by msylva2147(m): 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
they should just share the money to us and forget about the election na
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

What changed?? He didn't do the right thing when the courts told him to release Dasuki and Kanu. He didn't do the right thing when he sent his boys to arrest federal judges without warrants, he didn't do the right thing when he refused to prosecute Maina. What changed now?? Quit deceiving yourselves.
First of all, Dasuki and Kanu's case are issues of National security. That of Dasuki is even more difficult because he was the NSA. He has and is exposed to some classified infomation which if released can harm and affect the relationship of the country with others. It can also lead to the death oF some Nigerians here and abroad. You have to look at the big picture. You cannot destroy the peace of a country because you want to protect the right of one citizen.
Secondly, there was a warrant, signed by a magistrate for the search of the house and arrest of those judges. Google is you friend, use it.
Now, for Maina, the case is already in court, so the executive has to hands off. Let the judges say if he is guilty or innocent. That is the beauty of democracy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by cooldove8: 1:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:
Presidency is doing everything to be democratic and follow due process.

If the presidency decides to cut off them, nothing will I’ll happen but some people will say the presidency is acting undemocratic.
lead you comment aloud and listen to your awkward self
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by cooldove8: 1:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
Newpride:
Presidency is doing everything to be democratic and follow due process.

If the presidency decides to cut off them, nothing will I’ll happen but some people will say the presidency is acting undemocratic.
read you comment aloud and listen to your awkward self
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 3:07pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
First of all, Dasuki and Kanu's case are issues of National security. That of Dasuki is even more difficult because he was the NSA. He has and is exposed to some classified infomation which if released can harm and affect the relationship of the country with others. It can also lead to the death of some Nigerians here and abroad. You have to look at the big picture. You cannot destroy the peace of a country because you want to protect the right of one citizen.
Secondly, there was a warrant, signed by a magistrate for the search of the house and arrest of those judges. Google is you friend, use it.
Now, for Maina, the case is already in court, so the executive has to hands off. Let the judges say if he is guilty or innocent. That is the beauty of democracy

Lol, you really think that if Dasuki wanted to release classified information, something as inconsequential as a prison wall would prevent him? Or how on earth Kanu's call for a referendum became an issue of national security and public support for a group regarded as the fourth most dangerous terrorist group by Miyetti Allah isn't? Also, I agree with you regarding the Judges.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

Lol, you really think that if Dasuki wanted to release classified information, something as inconsequential as a prison wall would prevent him? Or how on earth Kanu's call for a referendum became an issue of national security and public support for a group regarded as the fourth most dangerous terrorist group by Miyetti Allah isn't? Also, I agree with you regarding the Judges.
Dasuki was taking by surprise hence he had no leverage. If he had, the Government would have negotiated with him as they did with boko haram.
In the case of IPOB, Kanu was becoming too hot and therefore needed to be cut down to size. If you recall the second world war, Hitler was a very good orator and propagandist. He was able to mobilise a die-hard army who believed an did even the most absurd thing for him. That was where Kanu was heading. To save the country from balkanization, IPOB needed to be disbanned.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
Dasuki was taking by surprise hence he had no leverage. If he had, the Government would have negotiated with him as they did with boko haram.
In the case of IPOB, Kanu was becoming too hot and therefore needed to be cut down to size. If you recall the second world war, Hitler was a very good orator and propagandist. He was able to mobilise a die-hard army who believed an did even the most absurd thing for him. That was where Kanu was heading. To save the country from balkanization, IPOB needed to be disbanned.

Jesus!!! Can you just reread what you wrote?? That I think you will steal tomorrow means I should arrest you today. Does that make sense to you??

Instead of fixing the issues that gave rise to Kanu in the first place, you decide to take the most foolish approach. I'm confident on whose side posterity lies in this case.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 3:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

Jesus!!! Can you just reread what you wrote?? That I think you will steal tomorrow means I should arrest you today. Does that make sense to you??

Instead of fixing the issues that gave rise to Kanu in the first place, you decide to take the most foolish approach. I'm confident on whose side posterity lies in this case.
posterity lies on the side of Nigerians, not Biafrans
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 3:46pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

na daytime dem dey find black goat. The government does not have to wait for things to go bad before taking action. Kanu had to be nipped in the bud.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by buhariguy(m): 3:47pm On Jul 27, 2018
EmekaMD:
Dumb government!!

One of the first life lessons I learnt was to first of all examine the possible outcomes of any action I wanted to take.

Newton also paraphrased it "in every action there's equal and opposite reaction"

It's obvious Buhari and his obviously unintelligent cabals act before they think..
Little wonder we are here today..

#neveragain
this is the problem with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra,
After they will be shouting of buhari is a tyrant.
How does that affect buhari if they delay the election.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 3:59pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
posterity lies on the side of Nigerians, not Biafrans
I hope we both live to see that day.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
na daytime dem dey find black goat. The government does not have to wait for things to go bad before taking action. Kanu had to be nipped in the bud.

Nipped in the bud for speaking his mind, which also happens to be the truth
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

Nipped in the bud for speaking his mind, which also happens to be the truth
Truth is relative. It depends on the point of view from which you are looking at it.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Therealev: 5:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
The Irony is that, he isn't asking 242B to fund capital project but for just 1 election. Issorai
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
Truth is relative. It depends on the point of view from which you are looking at it.
TRUTH IS NEVER RELATIVE!! THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED TRUTH!!
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by guywitzerogal(m): 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2018
Pls

Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by karrengold(f): 8:03pm On Jul 27, 2018
Clueless government
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 8:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

TRUTH IS NEVER RELATIVE!! THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED TRUTH!!
[b]Yes truth is very very relative. Truth is relative to time, context and perspertive. For example, the world was thought to be flat before now which was the truth at that time. Today, we know the world to be a sphere. The earth was thought to be the center of our solar system. Today, it is the sun. They say Mongo Park discovered the river Niger but people were living by and going up and down the river before Mongo Park. The context of this discovery and the person telling this story makes it to be true. It is true for the europeans but it is false for the indigenes. Now Kanu wanted Biafra and said so many things to try to achieve Biafra. To the Biafran, these things are true but to Nigerians, it is all lies.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by bot101(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2018
Enice:
[b]Yes truth is very very relative. Truth is relative to time, context and perspertive. For example, the world was thought to be flat before now which was the truth at that time. Today, we know the world to be a sphere. The earth was thought to be the center of our solar system. Today, it is the sun. They say Mongo Park discovered the river Niger but people were living by and going up and down the river before Mongo Park. The context of this discovery and the person telling this story makes it to be true. It is true for the europeans but it is false for the indigenes. Now Kanu wanted Biafra and said so many things to try to achieve Biafra. To the Biafran, these things are true but to Nigerians, it is all lies.

Wow. I'm done arguing with you due to your very warped mindset and nothing else. If you knew an atom about truth, you'll see the world in a different light. No wonder you reason this way. You can't grasp a concept as basic as Truth, and you think you have an opinion in the community of men. Truth is the only entity that never changes no matter what happens. It is easier for the heavens and earth to pass away than for truth to change.

That they thought the earth was flat didn't mean it was. It only meant they hadn't studied the earth properly. This would be my last response to you. Au re voir.
Re: Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS by Enice(m): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2018
bot101:

Wow. I'm done arguing with you due to your very warped mindset and nothing else. If you knew an atom about truth, you'll see the world in a different light. No wonder you reason this way. You can't grasp a concept as basic as Truth, and you think you have an opinion in the community of men. Truth is the only entity that never changes no matter what happens. It is easier for the heavens and earth to pass away than for truth to change.

That they thought the earth was flat didn't mean it was. It only meant they hadn't studied the earth properly. This would be my last response to you. Au re voir.
now you are pained. Sorry o! But come to think of it, in those days, people were accused of heresy and stoned to death for saying the earth was a sphere instead of flat. That which you call truth and hold so dear can become a lie in a moment. Truth is very relative. It is only an illiterate that says truth is constant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha: EFCC Is Not A Slaughter House, I was only invited / Biden, Obama Have Slipped Several Times, Tinubu Is Not A Superman- Bayo Onanuga / British Delegates Visit Emir Sanusi In His Palace. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.