Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,128 members, 7,880,530 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:12 PM

Brandy Sets New Record With Her Discography.. It Has Has Been Streamed 1.5billio - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brandy Sets New Record With Her Discography.. It Has Has Been Streamed 1.5billio (369 Views)

Dele Momodu, Olu Maintain & Brandy Meet In Atlanta / Davido's Album, A Good Time Has Been Streamed A Billion Times - Sony Music / #BRANDY Discography Has Been Streamed 1.5billion Times, Has She Set New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Brandy Sets New Record With Her Discography.. It Has Has Been Streamed 1.5billio by 11Ebiscoo: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2018
Brandy, who came through in the 90’s with so many hit songs has set a new streaming record, as her discography has been streamed for over 1.5billion times on all digital platforms.

Though Brandy‘s career may have stalled and been stifled by poorly executed moves in recent years, but that’s done all of nothing to shake her status as one of Pop’s greatest success stories. According to Music Connect, this makes her the only artist from the 90’s era to have to achieved this feat.

Leading the way for the likes of then-teenagers Beyonce and Britney Spears in the 90s, the vocalist’s unmatched success on stage and screen during the period saw her harvest a fan base which has unknowingly turned her into a streaming magnet as her ability to pick up pure sales falters.

Ascertaining how much Brandy and her co-writers will earn from this feat may prove to be a difficult task, as streaming platforms offer varying rates which must be split between an artist’s label, the creatives behind each song and the platform itself once paid.

She was born on February 11, 1979, in McComb, Mississippi. The only daughter and oldest child of William Ray Norwood Sr., a church pastor, and his wife, Sonja Norwood, Brandy got her start as a singer by performing in her family’s church choir. Recognizing that both of their children were gifted performers (Brandy’s younger brother, Ray J, is also a singer and actor), William and Sonja left Mississippi for Los Angeles, California, in the early 1980s in hopes of helping their children launch their careers.

As Brandy later recounted, she was 7 years old when she first heard Whitney Houston, and was immediately transfixed by the singer. “I was like, ‘This lady is mad crazy!’” a 14-year-old Brandy told reporters in the early 1990s. “I just wanted to be like her. Not just the beauty, but her voice … she was very powerful, the way she’d sing a word like ‘love,’ or ‘mine.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/07/brandy-sets-new-record-with-her.html

1 Like

Re: Brandy Sets New Record With Her Discography.. It Has Has Been Streamed 1.5billio by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
I wonder how many times Micheal Jackson's discography would have been streamed
Re: Brandy Sets New Record With Her Discography.. It Has Has Been Streamed 1.5billio by TFLASHOGEE(m): 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
nice FTC

(1) (Reply)

I Have Sold Almost A Million Records – Davido | WATCH / Kofi Annan Fast Facts / Footballer, Alex Iwobi Makes Nollywood Debut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.