Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,280 members, 7,887,811 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:19 PM

US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria (1288 Views)

Buhari, His Wife, Aisha & Daughters Watch Election Activities After Voting / President Buhari & His Children, Hanan And Yusuf Buhari In Beautiful Photoshoot / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Butterflyle0: 12:02pm On Jul 29, 2018
The U.S. ambassador to Nigeria has commented on the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration - James Entwistle has praised the president's success in fight against corruption and insecurity as well as overcoming economic problems - "It is good that the expectations from Mr. President are very high. But, I think people should remember what he inherited. " James Entwistle, the outgoing U.S. ambassador to Nigeria, has shared his thoughts on the situation in the country, expectations of Nigerians, the president's wise approach to economic problems, fight against corruption and insecurity during a meeting with journalists on Friday. Buhari and Obama's resemblance Mr Entwistle said: "I see a parallel between President Buhari and President Obama. President Obama had not been in office very long before the people had the same kind of impatience. A lot of people forgot what difficult situation President Obama inherited. I think the same thing is happening to President Buhari. It is completely understandable for the people to have high expectations. They are impatient, because they want to see change. But, the president inherited very difficult circumstances.

Some of the things he identified that needed to be done, like ending corruption, reforms in the petroleum sector, ending of the conflict in the North East, are things that even when you work as hard as you can, they are going to take some time to yield the kind of result you expect. People should be patient. It is good that the expectations from Mr. President are very high. But, I think people should remember what he inherited. And in my opinion, I try to be neutral and balanced, I think Mr. President and his team have done a good job in this first year."

On Nigerian economy The diplomat stressed that Nigeria is not the only country affected by the sliding oil prices and nowadays there are no country that could be named an “economic island”. He also commended President Buhari’s economic team, particularly for their resolute steps in exchange rate and removal of fuel subsidy. On anti-corruption war The ambassador has expressed his respect to President Buhari, who has abbiden by his campaign promise to make fight against corruption the focus of his administration. "He has done exactly what he said he would do. It’s clear that he has unleashed the investigative agencies to follow every evidence and information wherever it goes.

On America's support to Nigeria According to Mr Entwistle, apart from military training and equipment assistance, the U.S government provided about $700 million this year to deal with the humanitarian crisis in the north-eastern part of the country. Earlier he has pledged his country's commitment to Nigeria in its war against corruption, terrorism, militants and other issues of national importance. On his marvelous experience in Nigeria "I have been warmly received in every corner of this country. I have no unpleasant experience in Nigeria. I will leave here having enjoyed every minute of my time as U.S. Ambassador. I will leave here with a great sense of satisfaction, because I believe the relationships between our two countries are in very good shape at the moment. Nigeria and U.S. have a partnership of two great democracies working together to make the world a better place.

The way the Nigerian people made clear that this time they wanted their votes to count and would accept nothing less. I felt very proud. That’s something I will carry in my heart for ever. It’s up to Nigerians to ensure that 2019 is even better," he said. James Entwistle has worked 35 and a half years at the U.S. Foreign Service and will leave his post of the ambassador to Nigeria by the end of this month.

https://www.naija.ng/885312-nigerians-stay-patient-buhari-always-keeps-promises-us-ambassador.html#885312

Mynd44 shouldn't this be good for Nigerians to read?

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Optional09: 12:17pm On Jul 29, 2018
You need to shut up! Who are you to decide for Nigerians who is good as a president and who is not.

We Nigerians want to have a country like the United States where there is good healthcare system, good infrastructures, reduced mortality rate in all ages, welfare for the poor, fare and just judicial system, safe community where you can build a house without burglary, 24/7 electricity, clean water for all.

We Nigerians know Buhari is bad for us , even if he’s there for 100years he would not achieved any of this things I have mentionsed for Nigerians. So, you should be quiet and let Nigerians decide who is going to take them to the promise land.

10 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by chriskosherbal(m): 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2018
Everybody is entitled to thier opinion

See signature

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
God bless you Mr ambassador

The only place Baba needs to get hard on is the security

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Angelparadise: 12:34pm On Jul 29, 2018
When we hear privilege non Nigerian speaking in the name of being in the good book of a tyrant it portray the calibre of human we have in this world . OK let be factual the lives ordinary Nigerians lived during PDP then and the lives they are living now wish is better? or if only PDP political members looted all the money then why are Nigerians paying or suffering from bad governance and the incompetent Fulani domination of all the critical post that their performance shows their incompetence. A human with senses will wonder if the country have seen the highest budgets increment since buhari government while are the citizens getting more sufferings and hopeless? is high time some foreign sycophants allow those that feel the bad governance to speak. Frustration led some one to say even during PDP the alleged looted money flows down to the masses but now the APC top rankers are looted more but scare of spending it because of fears, while the masses dying of hunger.

4 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2018
Angelparadise:
When we hear privilege non Nigeria speaking in the name of being in good book of a tyrant it portray the calibre of human we have in this world . OK let be factual the lives ordinary Nigerians lived during PDP then and the lives they are living now wish is better? or if only PDP political members looted all the money then why all Nigerians are paying or suffering from the incompetent Fulani domination of all the critical post that their performance shows their incompetence. A human with senses will wonder if the country have seen the highest budgets increment since buhari government while are the citizens getting more sufferings and hopeless? is high time some foreign sycophants allow those that feel the bad governance to speak. Frustration led some one to say even during PDP the masses share most of the alleged looted money but now the APC top rankers are looted more but scare of spending it because of fear while the masses dying of hunger.

Seriously the noise is mostly from Igbos

Hold your crap

5 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by saaron(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Zombies doing everything possible grabbing at straws looking for articles everywhere to show up the already battered image of the Terrorist in Aso Rock. I wonder if they expect the Ambassador of a country to speak ill of a host country's president during interview.
No ambassador will say bad things about the leader of a country which they reside to represent their respective govts.

3 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 12:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
Muhammadu Buhari

From all Nigeria in diaspora I say God Bless you

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by sarrki(m): 12:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
saaron:
Zombies doing everything possible grabbing at straws to show up the already battered image of the Terrorist in Aso Rock.

His image is never battered

Only looters and there cohorts feel his image is battered

5 Likes

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by ibroauthen(m): 12:43pm On Jul 29, 2018
Optional09:
You need to shut up! Who are you to decide for Nigerians who is good as a president and who is not.

We Nigerians want to have a country like the United States where there is good healthcare system, good infrastructures, reduced mortality rate in all ages, welfare for the poor, fare and just judicial system, safe community where you can build a house without burglary, 24/7 electricity, clean water for all.

We Nigerians know Buhari is bad for us , even if he’s there for 100years he would not achieved any of this things I have mentionsed for Nigerians. So, you should be quiet and let Nigerians decide who is going to take them to the promise land.

And you think you can get all these with PDP abi?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by SolutionMee: 12:59pm On Jul 29, 2018
Wow
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by 9jaArea: 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2018
Development takes time, first we need the infrastructure to drive the development. That is exactly what PMB is doing.

He has my respect.

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by tribalistseun: 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyle0:
The U.S. ambassador to Nigeria has commented on the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration - James Entwistle has praised the president's success in fight against corruption and insecurity as well as overcoming economic problems - "It is good that the expectations from Mr. President are very high. But, I think people should remember what he inherited. " James Entwistle, the outgoing U.S. ambassador to Nigeria, has shared his thoughts on the situation in the country, expectations of Nigerians, the president's wise approach to economic problems, fight against corruption and insecurity during a meeting with journalists on Friday. Buhari and Obama's resemblance Mr Entwistle said: "I see a parallel between President Buhari and President Obama. President Obama had not been in office very long before the people had the same kind of impatience. A lot of people forgot what difficult situation President Obama inherited. I think the same thing is happening to President Buhari. It is completely understandable for the people to have high expectations. They are impatient, because they want to see change. But, the president inherited very difficult circumstances.

Some of the things he identified that needed to be done, like ending corruption, reforms in the petroleum sector, ending of the conflict in the North East, are things that even when you work as hard as you can, they are going to take some time to yield the kind of result you expect. People should be patient. It is good that the expectations from Mr. President are very high. But, I think people should remember what he inherited. And in my opinion, I try to be neutral and balanced, I think Mr. President and his team have done a good job in this first year."

On Nigerian economy The diplomat stressed that Nigeria is not the only country affected by the sliding oil prices and nowadays there are no country that could be named an “economic island”. He also commended President Buhari’s economic team, particularly for their resolute steps in exchange rate and removal of fuel subsidy. On anti-corruption war The ambassador has expressed his respect to President Buhari, who has abbiden by his campaign promise to make fight against corruption the focus of his administration. "He has done exactly what he said he would do. It’s clear that he has unleashed the investigative agencies to follow every evidence and information wherever it goes.

On America's support to Nigeria According to Mr Entwistle, apart from military training and equipment assistance, the U.S government provided about $700 million this year to deal with the humanitarian crisis in the north-eastern part of the country. Earlier he has pledged his country's commitment to Nigeria in its war against corruption, terrorism, militants and other issues of national importance. On his marvelous experience in Nigeria "I have been warmly received in every corner of this country. I have no unpleasant experience in Nigeria. I will leave here having enjoyed every minute of my time as U.S. Ambassador. I will leave here with a great sense of satisfaction, because I believe the relationships between our two countries are in very good shape at the moment. Nigeria and U.S. have a partnership of two great democracies working together to make the world a better place.

The way the Nigerian people made clear that this time they wanted their votes to count and would accept nothing less. I felt very proud. That’s something I will carry in my heart for ever. It’s up to Nigerians to ensure that 2019 is even better," he said. James Entwistle has worked 35 and a half years at the U.S. Foreign Service and will leave his post of the ambassador to Nigeria by the end of this month.

https://www.naija.ng/885312-nigerians-stay-patient-buhari-always-keeps-promises-us-ambassador.html#885312

Hilarious ����

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by 1shortblackboy: 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2018
read the statement it was made one year into this administration. its now three years and things are not better. like someone said up there the BMC crew are grabbing at straws

1 Like

Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by ProfGday(m): 3:32pm On Jul 29, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Nobody knows your story pass you...So foreigner should pls swerve to the lagoon... Shipping back to Daura is activated already...Including all the UNDERPERFORMED POLITHIEFIANS...
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Optional09: 3:36pm On Jul 29, 2018
ibroauthen:

And you think you can get all these with PDP abi?

It’s not about PDP or ACN, it’s about a leader with vision, could be partyless
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Guestlander: 3:37pm On Jul 29, 2018
Optional09:

If he had said something negative about him you would have shouted to high heavens how the U.S (not the ambassador) condemned mr. President.
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by uba1991: 3:41pm On Jul 29, 2018
Optional09:

just see how u are showcasing ur foolishness. mention one thing u have done to dis country for the country to grow.just one
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jul 29, 2018
tribalistseun:

Hilarious ����

And with Pastor Osibanjo as the second in command in making sure Nigeria becomes ISLAMIZED. Hmmmmmmm......... undecided
Re: US Ambassador Speaks On Buhari, His Experience In Nigeria by bakila: 4:57pm On Jul 29, 2018
Guestlander:

If he had said something negative about him you would have shouted to high heavens how the U.S (not the ambassador) condemned mr. President.
They were celebrating Christine Amanpour in another tried and don't want the world to here the person who is in Nigeria and knows.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Defend US President Trump's Calling Buhari Lifeless / Aisha Buhari Is Sexy / Fayemi’s Appointments Characterized By High Level Of Religious Discrimination –

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.