Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,615 members, 7,941,364 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:00 AM

Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd (6724 Views)

Amina Mohammed Inspects Delta Forcados Oil Spill (Photos) / Forget The Noise By APC, PDP – Agbakoba / Lai Mohammed Fires Back At FFK- "whats all the noise about Buharis credentials?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by deji07: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2010
Well, all this oil spill in the states that Obama is angry about , yes he should be angry about it but looking at Niger Delta oil spilll mehn wat can you say about it the Oil firm are not even thinking of doing anything about it or will i say the government cant be asked cos they are getting their own cut ! the govt just cant act on behalf their citizen. PERIOD
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by kobikwelu(m): 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2010
erm,

the gulf of mexico on 1 hand, the ND on the other hand,

priorities!!!

the gulf of mehico grin grin grin grin

some ND elders and officials collect payouts to keep the protest quiet,
some even collect compensation in the form of jobs for their kids and relatives,

and those in power are not affected directly hence the lack of will power
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by texazzpete(m): 9:56pm On Jun 20, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Don't pretend that JTF are protecting the interests of Niger Deltans. We all know different.
Anyway, if JTF is a good thing then may they reign over your people for at least 1000 years.

First of all, environmental damage from oil exploration predates MEND. Ogoni youths bunkering The sad truth is that FG officials are the ones bunkering.

Lets assume we go with your outlandish position, how does sharing the blame clean up the environmental damage?

My position is not 'outlandish'. Do you really know the meaning of that word? And if you believe FG officials are the ones carrying out the bunkering, then you're woefully misinformed. Or you're just being economical with the truth. At least thank God we all have seen the proof that the likes of Ateke Tom (affiliates of MEND) were running oil bunkering and refining operations.

SapeleGuy:

First of all, environmental damage from oil exploration predates MEND.

When we're talking about environmental damage, the most important thing is the magnitude, not which factor predated the other one. And in recent years, the most damage has been due to sabotage, pipe vandalisation and oil bunkering.
Tell me, when a pipeline filled with oil is cut and stolen, what do you think comes out of the severed pipe? Coconut oil? When MEND blows up a producing oil pipeline in the creeks, what comes out?
The original article talks about oil spurting out of old wellheads. that's almost impossible without external interference from bunkerers.

SapeleGuy:

Lets assume we go with your outlandish position, how does sharing the blame clean up the environmental damage?

And how does indicting the JTF clean up the environmental damage?
As long as the erroneous belief that the oil spills are all the fault of the oil companies is perpetuated, greedy youths will continue to vandalise, harvest, sabotage and bunker, spilling thousands of barrels of oil into the creeks unabated. Instead of pushing only for condemnation for the IOCs, you can also do enough to sensitize your youths on the damage their criminal activities are causing to their own environment.

Damage has been done. Damage will still continue to be done unless you face up to the hard facts.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by CarlosVent(m): 10:56pm On Jun 20, 2010
u have a point bro
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by AkoEja: 11:01pm On Jun 20, 2010
Anybody who does not support the people of Niger Delta is sick. I am a Yoruba from Osun state, and the suufering in that part of the country is beyond comprehension for me. Its a disgrace to all nigerians that we have allowed it to continue to happen. There cannot be any excuse for what is happening. This shows Nigeria as truely a banana republic!
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Vavavoom(m): 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2010
@Kobojunkie & beaf et al

Wow! Matters are grindingly coming to a head. Indeed the failure of yesteryear have finally come full cycle. errors have become conundrum, all lay in waste.
Like Achebe rightly said, ''things are falling apart, '' and the centre is about to take flight.

Greed my dear friends it is which has brought us to this sorry state. Unchecked greed has been the foundation upon which corruption at all tiers lay.  Our case is intricate and no simple solution lay in sight.

Kobo talks about getting things to work at the local level, holding folks in position accountable within this tier and shake things generally from there.  While this is a practical approach it works in climes where the people are seen and valued as electorates rather than as a bunch of hungry naive and easily exploited lot. So in a system where the centre makes the local this conundrum remains the case.  My dear Kobo the alliance between the tiers is so deep, steep in the ways of corruption so much so that only a revolution by her citizens can bring about required checks and balances in the system. But will they? Their resolve is weak.

In the US state of Louisiana, governor, Jindal and the mayor of respective cities can take-on the presidency see Arizona governor knowing fully well there performance is what will get them reelected. The same cannot be said about hungry professional local reps( councilors+local govt chairmen + governors)downhere whose political existence cum survival is a fucntion of monies pooled from a corrupt centre. simply put: there's too much power at the centre. Power that grants and enables corrupt practices to thrive unabated. Of course collusion by chiefs, paramount rulers, clan heads exist be it South-south or elsewhere.  We've all been wearied by brazzen acts of treasury looting and wilful connivance but in some way or another we've acceded by being indifferent or cared differently when our folks are involvedjollyride with the looting train.

The problem is deeply ingrained Beaf and not so easily solvable like give us our resources and go fend for yourselves. The foundation for progress weren't laid properly at our inception, tribalism and nepotism were agreed/acceptable hallmarks for our coexistence instead of merit. Today that has grown into[b]CLASS CORRUPTION[/b]. A few privileged onesNorth, South, East & Westhave gathered and developed a blueprint upon which the nation is fleeced brazzenly. It is this shot calling cartel that many from the lower rung aspire to join and thereby speed pass the call to be compatriot of a worthy nation. Is MEND different? Maybe. But some aspects of their fight fuel the problem of environmental degradationblowing up pipelines, kidnappings what have youperhaps a recourse to get the attention of the government of the day some may say?. But then again Kenule Saro Wiwa [/b]was peaceful in his fight for environmental redress by the majorsShell & co but his effort & resultant murder became a preceedent for non-peaceful methods of oil conflict resolution in the ND. We are in a quagmire, a position where we continue to be easily exploited by the oil majors who will gladly not bat an eyelid whenever cooperative corrupt means exist to achieve the primary goal of obscence profit making.

True, most of the oil spills are people causedmilitants, community oil thieves, but the bigger picture is why would someone if well catered for pursue a means that most often than not will kill him/her and degrade his/her enviroment? Desparation and absence of environmental knowledge come to mind. The desparation of a people, community exploitedif one goes deepby people of CLASS[b]chiefs, paramount rulers, local clan heads
within and outside their community. It has become a case of ''since we nodey get anything make we blow up the thing'' of course ignorantly unconcerned by the environmental degradation their children will be subjected to,

My friends, the problem is really intricate like I said, a systemic corrupt goverment at all tiers that has found a way of keeping her people poor and uneducated to the point of desparately seeking her attention by bombing oil installations all over the ND. Unchecked greed breeds CLASS CORRUPTION and am not unsure will be the same if the ND states go their way. For even in the ND states if you looked carefully one will find what I call Nigerian tendencies.

No easy solution folks, only the people can but they have been rendered weak and impotent by the CORRUPT CLASS. Very complex.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Vavavoom(m): 11:21pm On Jun 20, 2010
The problem with the majority of Nigerians out there, both at home and abroad is they are unable to disconnect from whatever tribal issues they carry to actually understand the ramifications of our continued inaction as a people and a nation.
The Oil situation exists mainly because of great ineptitude at the local level, and secondly at the federal levels. Not until we get our acts together at the local level can we take the fight to the federal. What I see happening most 90% of the time is we try to fight the battles from the top of the mountain rather than start at the base of the mountain and then move up. And we continue to wonder why, year after year, president after president, it almost seems we are not moving forward. Same problems continue and same ridiculous arguments offered with no results.
In my opinion, not until the educated and enlightened (when I say enlightened, I refer mostly to those who have been out to the west, who have seen the way things can be) are able to put aside their differences, be it religious, ethnical or sexual, and put heads together to take back power, things are likely to continue.

3 years ago, I sat reading comments from seemingly intelligent people on here preaching of how Yar adua was going to save Nigeria, and how those of us who saw his record in Katsina as signs of what is to come were EVIL AND ANTI-NIGERIA . . . Yes, I remember I was labelled ANTI-NIGERIAN and EVIL for pointing out that his record betrayed that belief. This year, Jonathan became the messiah. I really don't think my heart can take comments preaching IBB as saviour/president next year.

WEEEEPSSSS

[quote][/quote]

@Kobojunkie & beaf et al

Wow! Matters are grindingly coming to a head. Indeed the failure of yesteryear have finally come full cycle. errors have become conundrum, all lay in waste.
Like Achebe rightly said, ''things are falling apart, '' and the centre is about to take flight.

Greed my dear friends it is which has brought us to this sorry state. Unchecked greed has been the foundation upon which corruption at all tiers lay. Our case is intricate and no simple solution lay in sight.

Kobo talks about getting things to work at the local level, holding folks in position accountable within this tier and shake things generally from there. While this is a practical approach it works in climes where the people are seen and valued as electorates rather than as a bunch of hungry naive and easily exploited lot. So in a system where the centre makes the local this conundrum remains the case. My dear Kobo the alliance between the tiers is so deep, steep in the ways of corruption so much so that only a revolution by her citizens can bring about required checks and balances in the system. But will they? Their resolve is weak.

In the US state of Louisiana, governor, Jindal and the mayor of respective cities can take-on the presidency see Arizona governor knowing fully well there performance is what will get them reelected. The same cannot be said about hungry professional local reps( councilors+local govt chairmen + governors)downhere whose political existence cum survival is a fucntion of monies pooled from a corrupt centre. simply put: there's too much power at the centre. Power that grants and enables corrupt practices to thrive unabated. Of course collusion by chiefs, paramount rulers, clan heads exist be it South-south or elsewhere. We've all been wearied by brazzen acts of treasury looting and wilful connivance but in some way or another we've acceded by being indifferent or cared differently when our folks are involvedjollyride with the looting train.

The problem is deeply ingrained Beaf and not so easily solvable like give us our resources and go fend for yourselves. The foundation for progress weren't laid properly at our inception, tribalism and nepotism were agreed/acceptable hallmarks for our coexistence instead of merit. Today that has grown into[b]CLASS CORRUPTION[/b]. A few privileged onesNorth, South, East & Westhave gathered and developed a blueprint upon which the nation is fleeced brazzenly. It is this shot calling cartel that many from the lower rung aspire to join and thereby speed pass the call to be compatriot of a worthy nation. Is MEND different? Maybe. But some aspects of their fight fuel the problem of environmental degradationblowing up pipelines, kidnappings what have youperhaps a recourse to get the attention of the government of the day some may say?. But then again Kenule Saro Wiwa [/b]was peaceful in his fight for environmental redress by the majorsShell & co but his effort & resultant murder became a preceedent for non-peaceful methods of oil conflict resolution in the ND. We are in a quagmire, a position where we continue to be easily exploited by the oil majors who will gladly not bat an eyelid whenever cooperative corrupt means exist to achieve the primary goal of obscence profit making.

True, most of the oil spills are people causedmilitants, community oil thieves, but the bigger picture is why would someone if well catered for pursue a means that most often than not will kill him/her and degrade his/her enviroment? Desparation and absence of environmental knowledge come to mind. The desparation of a people, community exploitedif one goes deepby people of CLASS[b]chiefs, paramount rulers, local clan heads
within and outside their community. It has become a case of ''since we nodey get anything make we blow up the thing'' of course ignorantly unconcerned by the environmental degradation their children will be subjected to,

My friends, the problem is really intricate like I said, a systemic corrupt goverment at all tiers that has found a way of keeping her people poor and uneducated to the point of desparately seeking her attention by bombing oil installations all over the ND. Unchecked greed breeds CLASS CORRUPTION and am not unsure will be the same if the ND states go their way. For even in the ND states if you looked carefully one will find what I call Nigerian tendencies.

No easy solution folks, only the people can but they have been rendered weak and impotent by the CORRUPT CLASS. Very complex.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by debosky(m): 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2010
Gulf of Mexico produces more non-oil resources than the ND does - that's one reason.

The second reason is that the Nigerian state at all levels will do ANYTHING to keep oil flowing and money coming in, including looking away from blatant pollution instead of doing what is necessary to clean things up.

You can blame 'local' organisation if you want, but when even state governors who love to scream 'resource control' (i.e. more money for them to spend) are not concerned about cleaning up the mess in their backyards or at least forcing the oil companies to do so, then you will have no change.

The corruption is so deep that people will collect some cash, spend today and then be complaining when things aren't fixed tomorrow.

If the state governors (who have real power in the delta) were even vaguely concerned about this issue, we'd have seen some improvements.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by yommyuk: 12:35am On Jun 21, 2010
The spillage in the Gulf of Mexico can be likened to the 9/11 incident

people all over the world experience disasters per/post 9/11 and the media coverage on them are very short-lived.
However when anything likewise happens on the american soil, the news never seems to go away

What an partial and imbalance occurence. angry
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Kobojunkie: 12:37am On Jun 21, 2010
hhhmmm . . . .

LOCAL ===>  State Government, State Reps/Senators, Local Government, Chiefs, Kings/Community leaders etc

NATIONAL ===> FEDERAL, National Reps of International Organizations etc
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by cvibe: 1:06am On Jun 21, 2010
I hope the Nigerian leaders are learning from the BP example on how best oil companies operating in Nigeria should pay up for clean up in the ND.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by ntongha(m): 1:46am On Jun 21, 2010
Som1 pls tell me d meaning of the acronym BP
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by ono(m): 7:31am On Jun 21, 2010
It was British Petroleum. I'm told it's now just BP.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by texazzpete(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2010
cvibe:

I hope the Nigerian leaders are learning from the BP example on how best oil companies operating in Nigeria should pay up for clean up in the ND.

Yes, they should clean up oil spills caused by defunct equipment, leaking pipes etc.
But is it right to compel IOCs to pay for spills caused by sabotage, bunkerers and oil pipeline vandalisation?
And if they shouldn't, who then should?
Those are the questions that need to be answered.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by IBEXY(m): 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2010
The US oil spill is happening in Obama's land. Thats why you have all the media circus. Sadly, things dont become an issue until it happens in USA, UK etc.

I was in Bonny for about 5 years. I recall several times while travelling by boat to the island, there would be crude oil on the river surface. Not once, not twice. Never heard any one except the poor locals complain about it. The fishermen were suffering, the land is becaming barren.

I agree most of the problem was from bunkering but these big firms drilling oil owe it to the communities to clean up the spillages because of the massive profits they are making daily.

I wonder where the Nigerian govt. comes into all these. They've left it to the millitants to fight for the collective survival of the Niger Delta.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Vavavoom(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2010
IBEXY:

The US oil spill is happening in Obama's land. Thats why you have all the media circus. Sadly, things dont become an issue until it happens in USA, UK etc.

I was in Bonny for about 5 years. I recall several times while travelling by boat to the island, there would be crude oil on the river surface. Not once, not twice. Never heard any one except the poor locals complain about it. The fishermen were suffering, the land is becaming barren.

I agree most of the problem was from bunkering but these big firms drilling oil owe it to the communities to clean up the spillages because of the massive profits they are making daily.

I wonder where the Nigerian govt. comes into all these. They've left it to the millitants to fight for the collective survival of the Niger Delta.

It is a sad sorry state of things. Along the coastal lines much pollution exist, visible and crystal clear parchments of the black gold--oil-water emulsion . I have seen it firsthand from helicopter view along the bonny bight. slushing pipes and stealing crude all in the name of collecting one's share while the governemnt look the other way as the enviroment suffer so too the the fishermen who once cast their nets in open waters in the hope, <sighs>
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by otawa: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2010

very wrong!!!

You will be treated the way you treat yourself. Thats how life is!

If FG withdraw the licence of any Oil Company that spill Oil in Niger-Delta, the price of oil will go up and the WORLD will listen!
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by texazzpete(m): 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2010
IBEXY:

And this is where you guys get it completely wrong. The Nigerian Government gets at least 75% of the profits from the crude oil production. They are the main party making these 'massive profits' you speak of, not the IOCs.
Sadly, this isn't a well known fact.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2010
IBEXY:

That is not necessarily true. I don't believe the reason the media is involved here is simply because it is in Obamaland. Like someone already said, you will be treated as you treat yourself.

Please do not believe for one minute that the world is not aware of what is going on down in the ND and how complex it has become that blaming it all on the Oil companies is now out of the question. The world knows of all the bunkering that has been going on down there -- those conducted by residents and those by militants. People are aware of what is actually going on, even the media. So best believe this current issue is not getting attention simply because it happened in Obamaland. It is likely also getting more attention because it less complex and easier to deal for the media to deal with.

IBEXY:

These big firms have been paying out hundreds of millions of dollars for years to the same communities. Shell alone doled out almost 200 million required of it to ND communities back in 2006. Where did the money go? At least a billion  US dollars have been paid to the communities since then. Where is all that money? Where did it go? What impact has that money had on those communities to date? How much of it was applied to cleaning or even improving the lives of the communities they were alloted for? Where is the money?
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by sizzlers(m): 5:37pm On Jun 21, 2010
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by member479760: 11:24am On Jun 22, 2010
It is good for the gulf coast people, they are going to share the 20 bill just the way we want it in Nigeria. Well, someone needs to move down there to get own share.  smiley
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by jmoore(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2010
The fact is that the amount of oil spill in the gulf coast of USA is worse.try and check your facts .

Most oil spills in Nigeria occurred due to illegal bunkering sponsored by traditional rulers and some politicians

About compensation to those affected by oil spills in Nigeria, those in charge of compensation pocket most of the money
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Beaf: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2010
@Vavavoom
Just to say I am really impressed with your balanced comments and analysis.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Beaf: 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2010
samdigo:

i have been saying the same thing, you know those oil companies have a double standard, in African nations where there is oil, they go there and take the oil and mess up the place, but in Alaska and other European nations, you wouldn't even know they have oil, of course the problem do-sent just lie with the oil companies, but they play a huge part

That is the sad part of the story. But a collective inferiority complex is a fundamental underlying truth to where we find ourselves today as a country.
While Obama and the US have shown quite robustly that they are ready to reap the heart out of any oil company, no matter how big, if they threaten US environement, jobs, health and wellbeing; we in Nigeria would rather p!mp each other cheaply to the lowest foreign bidder.

The oil companies have a double standard only because, those in power, as well as a huge proportion of our population, see themselves as a rung below the foreigners running the oil companies; therefore, we let them have our wives and kids to do as they please.

Lets note hear that its not just $20 billion set aside for compensation, there are also criminal investigations going on. BP people will be jailed, as soon as negligence is proven. But right here on this thread, a "fellow Nigerian" wished that Niger Deltans would be herded into cattle cars and into the gas chamber, just for being victims.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2010
Common problem in Nigeria is that some only care about themselves and their extended family.

If gas was being flared 24/7 in Abuja or an oil spillage occured.

it would have be been taken care of.

i actually feel pity for those affected in the Niger Delta cry
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 22, 2010
Lets note hear that its not just $20 billion set aside for compensation, there are also criminal investigations going on. BP people will be jailed, as soon as negligence is proven. But right here on this thread, a "fellow Nigerian" wished that Niger Deltans would be herded into cattle cars and into the gas chamber, just for being victims.

why are you such a deceitful person? or is it that you are aware that the nd has its part in all this pollution, but need an us vs them paradigm so you can continue to lie to yourself and persist in your "we innocent victimised put upon gang rap-ed nders are complete blameless victims in all this" noise?

stop all these deliberate attempts to put words in my mouth - show some of that intelligence that other nigerians belive you have.
or you can keep whining about the big bad nasty oyb who wants all nders in the gas chamber.  tongue

as so many have observed , you are conveniently mum on bunkering - you'd rather derail the thread by your pathetic personal attacks on people of a different view.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by SapeleGuy: 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
texazzpete:

My position is not 'outlandish'. Do you really know the meaning of that word? And if you believe FG officials are the ones carrying out the bunkering, then you're woefully misinformed. Or you're just being economical with the truth. At least thank God we all have seen the proof that the likes of Ateke Tom (affiliates of MEND) were running oil bunkering and refining operations.

When we're talking about environmental damage, the most important thing is the magnitude, not which factor predated the other one. And in recent years, the most damage has been due to sabotage, pipe vandalisation and oil bunkering.
Tell me, when a pipeline filled with oil is cut and stolen, what do you think comes out of the severed pipe? Coconut oil? When MEND blows up a producing oil pipeline in the creeks, what comes out?
The original article talks about oil spurting out of old wellheads. that's almost impossible without external interference from bunkerers.

And how does indicting the JTF clean up the environmental damage?
As long as the erroneous belief that the oil spills are all the fault of the oil companies is perpetuated, greedy youths will continue to vandalise, harvest, sabotage and bunker, spilling thousands of barrels of oil into the creeks unabated. Instead of pushing only for condemnation for the IOCs, you can also do enough to sensitize your youths on the damage their criminal activities are causing to their own environment.

Damage has been done. Damage will still continue to be done unless you face up to the hard facts.

Bizarrely, I seem to have upset you with the use of the word outlandish.

You can choose to pretend that the Nigerian navy or customs don't exist or that armed forces officials have not been implicated. You will probably also tell us that you did not hear how a 6500 metric tonne vessel African Pride full of crude disappeared right under the noses of our Navy or how 3 rear admirals were sacked.

The most important thing about environmental damage, is stopping the damage. Baruwa, a community in Lagos state is suffering from the neglect of the pipelines. Perhaps only Baruwa has bad pipelines and the ones in the Niger Delta are pristine.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/02/oil-pollution-community-cries-out-for-help/comment-page-1/?wpmp_switcher=mobile

Oil is not the only source of damage.

“The flares pump 400 million tons of CO2 annually into the atmosphere. 13% of the gas flared in the world comes from Nigeria alone and stands at about 23 billion cubic meters per year. This quantity is enough to meet Nigeria’s energy needs and leave a healthy balance for export. Through this obnoxious act; the country has lost about $72 billion in revenues for the period 1970-2006 or about $2.5 billion annually.3 All these go up in smoke yearly, leaving death and destruction in its path “. Nnimmo Bassey – ERA.

How can you people, in all conscience argue that gas flaring can be stopped by locals? Now that is outlandish.

The hard facts are Nigerians regardless of where they come from should stand in solidarity and come together to fight this menace instead of fighting one another.
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by SEFAGO(m): 8:49pm On Jun 22, 2010
The fact is that the amount of oil spill in the gulf coast of USA is worse.try and check your facts .

Most oil spills in Nigeria occurred due to illegal bunkering sponsored by traditional rulers and some politicians

About compensation to those affected by oil spills in Nigeria, those in charge of compensation pocket most of the money

Usually I check my facts, and I am rarely wrong. You should go and check your facts lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PcQdAFN_8&feature=related

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/may/30/oil-spills-nigeria-niger-delta-shell
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Beaf: 10:10pm On Jun 22, 2010
oyb:

why are you such a deceitful person? or is it that you are aware that the nd has its part in all this pollution, but need an us vs them paradigm so you can continue to lie to yourself and persist in your "we innocent victimised put upon gang rap-ed nders are complete blameless victims in all this" noise?

stop all these deliberate attempts to put words in my mouth - show some of that intelligence that other nigerians belive you have.
or you can keep whining about the big bad nasty oyb who wants all nders in the gas chamber.  tongue

as so many have observed , you are conveniently mum on bunkering - you'd rather derail the thread by your pathetic personal attacks on people of a different view.

Oh you are back? You are the very person that prayed that all Niger Deltans would be rounded up in cattle cars and herded off to be killed in gas chambers. Or is you concience worrying you now? Charlie, like I told you over and over, it is your own family that you will end up sending to the gas chamber; your mum, dad and your kids. cool

Put words in your mouth? Dishonesty usually goes with wickedness and evil. Deny;

oyb:

disgusting and ridiculous melodrama. i always knew beaf had some sort of romantic persecution complex. i can see all those nders being rounded up in cattle cars and sent to the gas chamber
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Nobody: 12:31am On Jun 23, 2010
for someone supposed to be in the uk, your ineptitude is amazing. most educated people have heard of sarcasm, and know it when they see it. only the most uncouth , schooled but not educated, literate but not learned , born but not raised ,  passed through school but school did not pass through them nigerians, would interpret  sarcasm as actual comments and respond the way you did.

anyone with half a brain would see the comment for what it was - a sarcastic reponse to your silly and idiotic claim that nigera is worse than nazi Germany. what kind of f-ool are you? even if all your ever learnt about the about the third reich is from movies, you want to compare nigeria to that and when you get an answer fitting your moronic comment you lash out like  petulant child? i guess you are a child, if you are this daft

you sound almost like our biafrans going on about ibos being black jews. or is that where you were going? nders are black jews ?

knowing you, you will continue to latch onto your bizarre interpretation of my sarcastic response, because you need something to fuel your hatred, just as you continue to harp on the comments of 1 senator or what was it who said nd should be wiped out as some sort pointer.

idi-ot. if everyone was cursed with the retarded thought processes that power the pea sized clot you call a brain like you. . .one would assume that nders were all unmannered imbeciles, based on interactions with you

why do you think your fellow nders did not take up that comment with me - unlike you they are not st-upid children who have no grasp of the finer applications of the english language .

perhaps

as i said before, if you are what the best  nd has to offer, small wonder, they have to resort to violence - must be bad when your so called best abroad brains are little more than moronic, small minded ,  ill-bred simpletons incapable of logical reasoning and quick to place the blame for all their problems at the feet of others

small wonder. dont worry, uncle joe the messiah will make everything right . look at his lovely track record as deputy governor, govenor and vp . you guys have a great leader in uncle joe  tongue
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Beaf: 12:46am On Jun 23, 2010
^
After lying initially, when confronted with your own words, you start dancing ajasko.
If you like you can rain abuse on everything that moves in the Niger Delta; it only displays more of the gutter and the depth of evil in you.

Instead of Niger Deltans, just dream of rounding up your beloved family in cattle cars and sending them to the gas chamber you have prepared for Niger Deltans, yeah, gas all your folk; smiles and all. . . Mum, dad, kids, sisters, brothers, gas all of them. cool

. . .And some of us have been thinking Lucifer was the Devil, not knowing its the fellow next door. cry cry cry
Re: Why All The Noise About Mexico's Oil Spill When Worse Goes On In Nd by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 23, 2010
feel free to interpret what i said in anyway you want

i know you need something to feed your persecution complex and feed your hatred for the rest of Nigeria -

you also need to justify the barbaric atrocities perpetrated by your heroes mend- which you can only do if you keep lying to yourself that Nigeria is out to get you.

without your repeated misinterpreration of my post, you will be forced to look inward and accept that you lot also bear responsibility for any ecological mess in the nd.

keep on with the personal attacks. cool cool cool cool

but then again, you're a self centered child - everything is always someone else's fault

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okonjo-Iweala Thanks Super Eagles For AFCON Victory / Amosun Is APC Governorship Candidate For Ogun State / Tinubu, I Must Drink From Niger-delta Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.