Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,964 members, 7,949,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari (491 Views)

Abubakar Abdullahi: Facts About Imam Who Saved 262 Christians During Attack / Osinbajo Receives Imam Who Hid 200 Villagers In Mosque / Imam Who Saved Birom Christians In Plateau Fulani Killings (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by Giftedhand92: 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2018
Imam of Nghar village, Abdullahi Abubakar
Friday Olokor, Jos
President Muhammadu Buhari has instructed Governor Simon Lalong of Plateau State to bring 83-year-old Imam of Nghar village, Gashish District in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area, Abdullahi Abubakar, for “a hand shake and national honour.”
The President reportedly took the decision following reports that the imam saved about 300 persons on June 24 when suspected Fulani herdsmen invaded about 15 communities in Barkin Ladi LGA, killing scores.
The victims were said to be running for safety from a neighbouring village in the Barkin Ladi LGA when the imam allegedly hid them in his house and mosque.

“I hid the women in my personal house and after that, I took the men into the mosque and hid them there,” Imam Abubakar had stated.
However, the assailants reportedly caught up with the imam, and ordered him to release to them those he had hidden.
But the cleric reportedly refused, and the attackers left without further ado.
Governor Lalong revealed the President’s plan for Imam Abubakar in Jos on Monday during the opening ceremony of a three-day peace and security conference with the theme, “The resurgence of violence in Plateau State: Towards a multi-stakeholder partnership for peace and security.”
It was organised by the Plateau State Peace Building Agency.
Lalong said, “The President has told me to bring to him Imam Abdullahi Abubakar for a handshake, which will be followed by a national honour.
“I was also preparing what to do for this man. Although he is already in his old age, God knows why he did it at that age — for us to study and also know how to maintain peace, not only in Plateau State but also in Nigeria in general.
“He did not only save the people of Barkin Ladi LGA, not only Plateau State, but I think the whole of this country because 300 lives is not a small number.
“So, Alhaji Abdullahi Abubakar, only God will reward you for what you have done.
“We are waiting for that process of meeting the President for a handshake and national honour.
“Having a handshake with Mr. President at the age of 83, I think the man will be happy, even if he is going to his grave, that something has happened in his life.”
Lalong also expressed happiness that the gesture by Imam Abubakar happened during his tenure as governor of Plateau state.

News From Zenithnaija.com

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/imam-who-saved-fleeing-persons-from-plateau-killings-invited-to-shake-mr-president/

cc: Lalasticlala Mynd44 Fynestboi

Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by brodalikeme(m): 4:16pm On Jul 30, 2018
Which kind yeye handshake? Instead of you to vacate your sit for him, abi is he not doing a better job of protecting his fellow citizens than yourself?

Between, don’t go and pollute his mind abeg, cause we know your type!!! Nonsense handshake indeed!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by loveth360(f): 4:21pm On Jul 30, 2018
the man is going there so that buhari will update him on the real plan on ground,

buhari is a Terrorist.
Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by LaudableXX: 5:01pm On Jul 30, 2018
Wow!! This 83 year old man Imam Abdullahi Abubakar, exhibited courage under fire! shocked He even refused to release the people he had hidden, into the hands of their attackers, despite knowing that his refusal could cost him his own life. He was cut from the same mould as the mythical Abou Ben Adhem, who loved his fellow men. They don't make good men like this anymore.... I pray for him "May his tribe increase!" undecided

But on a serious note: PMB should stop that nansense of giving the guy, a handshake and national honour. angry That is too small, for what the man has done. Saving the lives of 300 people at a go, by hiding them from marauders that would have snuffed them out, is not an easy feat! shocked After all, how much is a human life worth? It is priceless.

Something more tangible and heroic, should be done for this man. undecided Giving him a 5-bedroom detached duplex of Julius Berger standard, as well as a pension for life that runs into 6-zeros, is a start. Then a national monument should be named after him. Free scholarships for his children should be thrown into the bargain.

It would show, that we have a president who places a premium on human lives.

Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by CodeTemplar: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2018
Let Buhari use his status to secure Leah sharibu and christian chibok girls...
Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by Malawian(m): 5:08pm On Jul 30, 2018
Why does Buhari look like "Egyptian Mummy"these days?
Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by 2special(m): 5:10pm On Jul 30, 2018
The imam better watch his back....meeting buhari will be his greatest regret if he love his life.

1 Like

Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by johnmartus(m): 5:20pm On Jul 30, 2018
Watch your utterance when you're talking in public. This stupid governor said he was happy that such gesture happened in his tenure which kind nonsense is that .
Re: Imam Who Saved Fleeing Persons From Plateau Killings Invited To Shake Buhari by Mynd44: 9:40am On Jul 31, 2018

(1)

Do You love Buhari? / I Registered For PVC Yesterday / Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu Goes On Vacation, Shuns Ondo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.