Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,016 members, 7,970,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:57 PM

BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached (642 Views)

Chioma Oyekaba 26th Birthday: Prince Eze Madumere's Wife Celebrates (Photos) / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos) / Imo Assembly Impeaches Eze Madumere, Deputy Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by themomentng: 5:52pm On Jul 30, 2018
The Deputy Governor of Imo State, Eze Madumere, has been impeached, Channels Television reports.

He was impeached by 19 of the 37 members of the Imo House of Assembly, the station reports.

The Assembly had earlier received a report by a panel set up by the state chief judge which allegedly indicted Mr Madumere of gross misconduct.

Mr Madumere has been having a running political battle with Governor Rochas Okorocha over the latter’s successor in 2019.

While Mr Madumere seeks to succeed Mr Okorocha, the governor reportedly supports his son-in-law.

The crisis worsened during the APC local and state congresses in the state with Mr Okorocha and his deputy supporting separate factions.

Although the APC faction supported by Mr Madumere and a senator, Osita Izunaso, was initially recognised by the national leadership of the party, its election was upturned by the court.

Mr Madumere could not be reached on phone at the time of this report. Repeated calls to his number were unanswered.

Re: BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by ebujany(m): 6:14pm On Jul 30, 2018
undecided
Re: BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by Kingosytex(m): 6:15pm On Jul 30, 2018
...and the drama continues 2019 go funny,
Madumere: How could dis people impeach me after all i hav contributed to the development of this state
press: but sir, what really happened?
madumere: they accused me of corruption and gross misconduct
Press: But sir, u are not more corrupt than Okoroawusa?
my verdict: politics is a game of the strong, never challenge ur master and u should never bite the fingers that feed u.
Re: BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by IsaAbubakar: 6:19pm On Jul 30, 2018
anything to scatter apc is a welcome development grin
Re: BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by Minjim: 6:36pm On Jul 30, 2018
You better come up with an authentic source, else, this is nothing but FAKE NEWS
Re: BREAKING: Imo Deputy Governor, Eze Madumere Impeached by Mynd44: 6:38pm On Jul 30, 2018

(1)

Finally, Ortom Served With An Impeachment Letter. / I Am On A Mission To Set Osun Free From Oppressive Rule-Ademola Adeleke (pics) / Saraki Has Bitten More Than He Can Chew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.