Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,103 members, 7,899,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? (1142 Views)

Lady Explains Why It's Wrong For Pastor To Say 'you May Now Kiss The Bride' / I Think It Is Wrong For Guys To Marry Older Ladies / Teenage Romance: Is It Wrong For A 15-year Old To Have A Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 1:43am On Jul 31, 2018
Ok I had this discussion with a friend cos in this pic I posted, N30 was kept for girlfriend
Kindly share your thoughts

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45am On Jul 31, 2018
this picture is as old as NL, lol! but since you are saving for everything else... you might as well share the drinking with her, in good faith.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 1:45am On Jul 31, 2018
See images

1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 1:47am On Jul 31, 2018
What's your take

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:51am On Jul 31, 2018
spending money on a babe for no plausible reason but to "pay"her to stay with you, is the worst thing a man can do in this world....
as chairman of the Stingy Men of NL, i say:"if a woman tells you she wants to go out to eat, then tell her to eat at home and you guys will meet afterwards!" EOD.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 1:52am On Jul 31, 2018
Loll...no be small tin person de see o
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by chicoMX(m): 2:14am On Jul 31, 2018
MrBrownJay1:
spending money on a babe for no plausible reason but to "pay"her to stay with you, is the worst thing a man can do in this world....
as chairman of the Stingy Men of NL, i say:"if a woman tells you she wants to go out to eat, then tell her to eat at home and you guys will meet afterwards!" EOD.
.Seconded
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by HotMario: 6:04am On Jul 31, 2018
Is it wrong for a woman to spend money?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:47am On Jul 31, 2018
Some ladies have this wacky ideology that relationship means entitlement to the resources of her lover. This is very common among majority of Naija ladies.

@OP please, stick to your ideology! A woman has to be productive and not be a leech.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 8:23am On Jul 31, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
Some ladies have this wacky ideology that relationship means entitlement to the resources of her lover. This is very common among majority of Naija ladies.

@OP please, stick to your ideology! A woman has to be productive and not be a leech.
Thou art wise....may our wiseness never know no bounds in Jesus Name, Amen
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 9:50am On Jul 31, 2018
Always learning

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by Zinny25(f): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2018
Seriously I'm sick of all these threads portraying ladies as beggars, dependent and always relying on guys for money. Now this is a warning to guys here on Nairaland if u meet a girl who's lazy and depending on you for everything please deal with it do not generalize it.. We are not her, she is not us, us no be her,.

I mean there are still girls out there who foot their bills and not depend on guys. If there are no longer girls that are independent then I am one and I'm very proud to be one.

But my problem is with these guys that would come and be borrowing money from us, that they will pay back and never did. They say they are testing you to know if you will be supportive when they marry you, na dis ones wey thunder go fire.

What am I saying There are girls too who take care of their guys, foot his bills yet them neva come Nairaland cm broadcast am.

Lastly, men keep your money, women work hard get something doing even if it's small. Once in a while take that boy out and spend on him, don't collect anything from him even if insist. So all these stories can stop coming up. It's so annoying seriously....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2018
Zinny25:
Seriously I'm sick of all these threads portraying ladies as beggars, dependent and always relying on guys for money. Now this is a warning to guys here on Nairaland if u meet a girl who's lazy and depending on you for everything please deal with it do not generalize it.. We are not her, she is not us, us no be her,.

I mean there are still girls out there who foot their bills and not depend on guys. If there are no longer girls that are independent then I am one and I'm very proud to be one.

But my problem is with these guys that would come and be borrowing money from us, that they will pay back and never did. They say they are testing you to know if you will be supportive when they marry you, na dis ones wey thunder go fire.

What am I saying There are girls too who take care of their guys, foot his bills yet them neva come Nairaland cm broadcast am.

Lastly, men keep your money, women work hard get something doing even if it's small. Once in a while take that boy out and spend on him, don't collect anything from him even if insist. So all these stories can stop coming up. It's so annoying seriously....
Hmmmm....now I don't understand again o
I love hard working women and men...women should bring something to the table however little
For a hard working lady like u...u give u a honest gbosa
But kindly relate directly with the discussion above so we get ur take....
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by Zinny25(f): 11:31am On Jul 31, 2018
It isn't wrong for a woman to work.

It earns her some respect and value.

No matter how small the job is... Just do it as long as it's legal, keeps you busy and fetches you some money.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2018
Zinny25:
It isn't wrong for a woman to work.

It earns her some respect and value.

No matter how small the job is... Just do it as long as it's legal, keeps you busy and fetches you some money.
Awesome...exactly my point
So I still don't understand why she attacked me like that
Just confused
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2018
Be kind n wise

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 12:11am On Aug 01, 2018
Is it wrong for a man to do house chores? cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2018
ImaIma1:
Not at all...pls don't bring feminism into this
Its a simple conversation
What's ur take.....
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by ImaIma1(f): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2018
bizz22:

Not at all...pls don't bring feminism into this
Its a simple conversation
What's ur take.....

Forget feminism. It is getting increasingly important for the wife to work also. If she can do what is originally said to be the job of the man, i think the man should also do chores.

I feel a woman should work and be productive
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by milemimi93(m): 12:02am On Aug 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Ufan ima, idem eh?
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 12:08am On Aug 02, 2018
ImaIma1:

Forget feminism. It is getting increasingly important for the wife to work also. If she can do what is originally said to be the job of the man, i think the man should also do chores.

I feel a woman should work and be productive
Even when our fore fathers were farming, the women were involved...since when did it become the duty for men alone?
Anyway..I get ur point
I am not just happy how some girls feel like once they r in a relationship, the guy should take care of all their financial responsibilities while they offer s*x only...
I had a very bitter experience and I must say it's really traumatizing as I have not been able to recover from it even after calling off the relationship.
Women have to understand that men will not joke with you when you have something to offer however little other than s*x....most healthy relationships I know, the men help the women with chores, grocery shopping etc and they maintain a balance without stressing one another. When the woman is less stressed, trust me, u will see the real glow in her grin grin
Abeg make I keep kwayet before I talk too much like professor
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2018
bizz22:
Always learning

i beg to differ, having such otem also bring a state of COMFORT and most importantly FULFILLMENT that the cheap item wouldnt bring to the person in question....also, in life there are different levels, a 100K house might be the same as a 1M one, but the safety in the neighborhood in which the house stands along with the peace and quiet makes a whole difference. and as much as any watch would tell the exact same time as any other, a Rolex would have people admire what you are wearing, and that in itself is rewarding/gratifying to the wearer.
as for a car, the comfort/safety/technology and beauty of a Benz could never be compared with a damn Fiat, whether or not both will get you from point A to point B.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by Queenserah26(f): 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2018
Work is not a gender thing.
Get busy, add value irrespective of your gender.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2018
Queenserah26:
Work is not a gender thing.
Get busy, add value irrespective of your gender.
Nice one...God bless you

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

i beg to differ, having such otem also bring a state of COMFORT and most importantly FULFILLMENT that the cheap item wouldnt bring to the person in question....also, in life there are different levels, a 100K house might be the same as a 1M one, but the safety in the neighborhood in which the house stands along with the peace and quiet makes a whole difference. and as much as any watch would tell the exact same time as any other, a Rolex would have people admire what you are wearing, and that in itself is rewarding/gratifying to the wearer.
as for a car, the comfort/safety/technology and beauty of a Benz could never be compared with a damn Fiat, whether or not both will get you from point A to point B.
Understand the difference between 'wants' and 'needs'
A man with 2m wearing a wristwatch of 400k is not same as a man with 200m wearing same wristwatch
In all my friend, never loose focus
Spend time on the important things 'needs' not 'wants'
May God bless us all
Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2018
Be wise

Re: Is It Wrong For A Woman To Work? by bizz22: 12:50am On Sep 01, 2019
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Guy Talks About The Gospel On Twitter. See The Response He Got From A Slay Queen / Even if / The Doctor Is The Nicest White Man In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.