Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,196 members, 7,910,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:26 PM

Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) (2767 Views)

One Of My Sons Looks Exactly Like My Late Father / 3 Graves To Bury One Man: How My Late Father's Kinsmen Hijacked Burial — Lady / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by elder24782: 11:52am On Jul 31, 2018
Good morning good people of nairaland.

My father died at home eight months ago and has been buried. Two credit alerts entered his phone two days after his death and he also had a few bucks in his account before he died judging by the balance in his account. The only information I have regarding the account is just the [/b]account number and bank name[b] I don't know who he used as his next of kin.

Is there any chance of claiming the money? Please help.
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Lagbaja01(m): 11:57am On Jul 31, 2018
Go and ask for your mum's consent first.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by dimexy247(m): 11:59am On Jul 31, 2018
undecided
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Acidosis(m): 12:03pm On Jul 31, 2018
You don't know your father's next of kin, and you want to claim his money? What type of relationship do you have with your dad?
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Jethrolite(m): 12:19pm On Jul 31, 2018
Acidosis:

You don't know your father's next of kin, and you want to claim his money? What type of relationship do you have with your dad?
I also do not know my father's next of kin even though I am a signatory to all his business accounts. You do not know OP's background or circumstances so do not judge hastily.

9 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Evangkatsoulis: 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2018
Go to his bank branch and ask.
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by phrancys001(m): 12:52pm On Jul 31, 2018
Go to court in company of your mom, apply for letter of administration that's the only way the money will be given unless you have PIN to he's ATM to withdraw yourself bank ain't going to give you nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Noloss(f): 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
phrancys001:
Go to court in company of your mom, apply for letter of administration that's the only way the money will be given unless you have PIN to he's ATM to withdraw yourself bank ain't going to give you nothing.

Follow this advice.

1 Like

Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by frostylook: 8:54pm On Jul 31, 2018
Go to the bank first and ask for their procedure in claiming a deceased fund. Introduce yourself as his childhood. They will be the one to tell you if you are the next of kin or not. If they say you are not, request to know who is. That will guide you in processing letters of court administration. Don't start processing anything blindly.
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by elder24782: 8:29am On Aug 02, 2018
phrancys001:

Thanks for this. I will follow your advice and see how it plays out
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by elder24782: 8:31am On Aug 02, 2018
frostylook:
Go to the bank first and ask for their procedure in claiming a deceased fund. Introduce yourself as his childhood. They will be the one to tell you if you are the next of kin or not. If they say you are not, request to know who is. That will guide you in processing letters of court administration. Don't start processing anything blindly.

Thanks for your contribution.
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by walesalak(m): 9:25pm On Aug 02, 2018
U av to go to a probate court. Its also advisable to involve a lawyer to do d run around except u can withstand d stress of going back and forth bribing @ each table
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Wizywiz(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2018
On faced similar issue last year. Please go to ministry of justice in ur state apply for letter of admistration... I e if u are doing next of kin which I can find out from d bank and proceed with D letter to do bank when it's out along side his death certificate.
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by Wilfredpat22(f): 4:34am On Aug 03, 2018
Sir go the bank first. Some banks don’t want to stress you legally. If you are the next of kin then you will be told what to do.

Going to court is also good but go to bank, they are the one who will pay the money to you, court will still charge you 100,000k
Re: Please How Can I Claim My Late Father's Money From The Bank? (urgent) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2018
Go to the bank with your mom and you'll be told who the NoK is and what to do to claim the money. Going to court is a long process

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

KITE Flying by Kids / Family Self Defense: Focus On Women Group (case Study Nigeria) / Married Sex Is Hotter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.