Stats: 3,171,247 members, 7,880,921 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:18 AM

Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos (892 Views)

Abdulrashid Maina Extradited To Nigeria After Arrest In Niger Republic / Lauretta Onochie: Sowore Faked His Re-Arrest In Order To Give DSS A Bad Name / Shehu Sani: What An Ex-Governor Said About State Police While In & Out Of Office (2) (3) (4)

Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 2:38pm On Jul 31, 2018
A massive protest was sparked by youths of Ukpor in Nnewi South Local Government Area, Anambra State, as they took to the street to agitate after a man, Okechuckwu, said to be a welder - was allegedly shot by policeman. 

According to reports, some policemen had arrived the victim's resident at about 11pm on Monday following a report by some group of people that the victim, a local welder causes public nuisance in the area as he usually works till very late at night.

He was reportedly shot by the police after he allegedly resisted arrest.

Hundreds of protesting youths from the area tried to gain entry into the police station earlier today but were resisted by policemen who were reinforced from nearby police stations, including the SARS unit.

A policeman reportedly revealed that they were invited by a member of a local vigilante from the village following reports that the victim's residence was being used as a meeting point for Indian hemp smokers.

Okey had bullet wounds in his leg and was rushed to a local hospital nearby. When the situation overwhelmed the medical team at the hospital, he was transferred to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi. 

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/07/welder-shot-by-police-while-resisting-arrest-in-anambra-state-photos.html

Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by PrettyCrystal: 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2018
cc; lalasticlala
Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
cc; lalasticlala
na wa ooooo 9ja self no even safe

Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by capatainrambo: 2:53pm On Jul 31, 2018
if you shoot my brother like this. and I know you, police man or soja or sars I will put a bullet in you just a matter of time.

if you shoot me. my brother know say na you,
OYO is your case, he mY wipe out everybody bearing your surname.

diff strokes for diff people.
don't offend the wrong person !!!
Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by Strikethem: 2:55pm On Jul 31, 2018
Na wa o. But our blothers claimed no brown roof in igboland na

Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by Sprumbabafather: 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2018
Strikethem:
Na wa o. But our blothers claimed no brown roof in igboland na

I wonder o, ukpor south is now copying Ibadan grin

Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by EricBloodAxe: 2:58pm On Jul 31, 2018
The Nigerian police are only good at extorting and brutalizing. It's high time they take guns off their hands and give them batons and sticks to use so we avoid reading stories like these on a daily.

Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by SolutionMee: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2018
Great job by the Nigeria police force

Why was he resisting arrest

He must have committed a deadly crime

Hadn't been he's still alive,

I would say that he deserves a holding cell

But glory be to God that he has finally left the world

To continue his punishment in hades
Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by Blessynokoro: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2018
nawa ooo
Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by Strikethem: 4:07pm On Jul 31, 2018
Sprumbabafather:

I wonder o, ukpor south is now copying Ibadan grin
Lol, grin but all the roofs in our ignoland are gold plated na. This can't be igboland you know grin
Re: Welder Shot By Police While Resisting Arrest In Anambra State. Photos by cdqyehyeh(m): 4:15pm On Jul 31, 2018
Nigeria police are the third deadliest sect after BH, FULANI HERDSMEN.

PHOTO NEWS: Sowore, Durotoye, Charly Boy Meet To Form Coalition Ahead Of 2019. / Lifeless: Nigeria Former Senate President Reply Trump / What The Rivers People Forgot? Rivers 2019