Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,776 members, 7,930,654 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 01:45 AM

African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos (17298 Views)

ESPN Ranks The 25 Best African Athletes Of The Century. Oshoala Is Number 9 / Gonzalo Higuain Pictured At Airport Ahead Of Chelsea Transfer (Photo) / Goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga Spotted At Airport Ahead Of Chelsea Transfer(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by jerk: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2018
Is this is how they are going to host major world competition,why not reject the hosting when you knw you are not prepared. I weep for this country.
In a working country a good rail transport system would have done it.
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2018
sai Barbar is a disgrace to humanity
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by skallion7(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2018
poor organization

1 Like

Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by skallion7(m): 9:48am On Aug 01, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
sai Barbar is a disgrace to humanity
what has buhari got to do with this
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Temptee101(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2018
Welcome to Nigeria

Nigeria will always be Nigeria
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by ogongogames(m): 9:52am On Aug 01, 2018
There is issue on that route regarding aircraft availability I believe. During NYSC, not once when I flew from Lagos to Asaba was there not a delay. It's not a very popular route, a good proportion of users are either foreigners, muscians (Dammy Krane & Wande Coal were on one of my flights). These type of journeys are once every 1 or 2 months there it's not as prioritized as other routes I think.

Shocking that they hadn't sorted this issue out months ago. They could have at least had a contingency plan where flights to Benin where considered with coaches completing the last miles of the journey from Benin to Asaba.

1 Like

Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by stasius: 9:58am On Aug 01, 2018
Seriously this country is messed up!!!
Kai! Giant of afrika indeed!
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by stasius: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2018
Anyway they should enter bus to asaba.
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 10:05am On Aug 01, 2018
skallion7:
what has buhari got to do with this
frustrating the athletes grin tongue sai Barbar
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by cytell56: 10:12am On Aug 01, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Report has it that the contingent from various African countries billed for the African Senior Athletics Championships are stranded in Lagos due to flight to Asaba, venue of the competition being unavailable. 

It was revealed that the athletes who managed to reach Asaba had spent at least a night in Lagos and many without their luggage. 

An International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) observer for the event beginning on Wednesday, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) anonymously that he arrived in Lagos on Sunday but could not get a flight to Asaba. 

“A lot of us had to pass the night in Lagos and at about 4 p.m. the following day, we boarded a local flight to Asaba,’’ he told NAN on Tuesday in Asaba. “By this time, the African contingent have increased in number and only limited spaces in the flight, so, a few had to stay back in Lagos.

“As I speak to you, my luggage hasn’t arrived in Asaba. We were told to go to the Asaba International Airport later in the day to see if they have brought them. “I am still on the same clothes since yesterday. It is just a terrible situation,’’ he said.

Abdoulaye Thiam, a Senegalese journalist, currently stranded in Lagos, told NAN via a social media platform that he had arrived on Monday but remained in Lagos due to same issue. 

The event is scheduled for Aug 1 to Aug. 5, at the Stephen Keshi Stadium.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/african-athletes-stranded-in-lagos-airport-ahead-of-competition-in-asaba-photos.html

Shithole country!!!
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by skallion7(m): 10:16am On Aug 01, 2018
ELKHALIFAISIS:
frustrating the athletes grin tongue sai Barbar
Smh
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Originalsly: 10:21am On Aug 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Who send ena message?

We got severe issues at hand to tackle in this shithole rather than some athletes wannabe junk stories.

Better transport yourself by yourself back home and stop disturbing Nigerians with your problems.

Just negodu old hungry looking men and women who's going to represent this shithole undecided

Smh

Bro....this kind talk is what comes out of a shithole.... no doubt...you have every right to say you live in a shithole.
@ topic...this is a national.embarrassment.
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by OEChika: 10:22am On Aug 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Who send ena message?

We got severe issues at hand to tackle in this shithole rather than some athletes wannabe junk stories.

Better transport yourself by yourself back home and stop disturbing Nigerians with your problems.

Just negodu old hungry looking men and women who's going to represent this shithole undecided

Smh

Na mind them..... Na their bags I just like
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by izombie(m): 10:34am On Aug 01, 2018
Nigeria is soooo disorganised walahi. In the past one week i've had to wait at OR tambo international twice for hours to pick someone up because of flight delays in nigeria. This past sunday it was kenya airways that was delayed in nigeria.
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 01, 2018
wellcome to Zoogeria!!
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by micariice(m): 10:51am On Aug 01, 2018
The organizers should do something about it and they should contact them immediately

1 Like

Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by breakeven: 11:11am On Aug 01, 2018
9PBLIVE:
Can there ever be Good news in this country?
With the worst ruling us I doubt much.
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Badonasty(m): 11:14am On Aug 01, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
Report has it that the contingent from various African countries billed for the African Senior Athletics Championships are stranded in Lagos due to flight to Asaba, venue of the competition being unavailable. 

It was revealed that the athletes who managed to reach Asaba had spent at least a night in Lagos and many without their luggage. 

An International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) observer for the event beginning on Wednesday, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) anonymously that he arrived in Lagos on Sunday but could not get a flight to Asaba. 

“A lot of us had to pass the night in Lagos and at about 4 p.m. the following day, we boarded a local flight to Asaba,’’ he told NAN on Tuesday in Asaba. “By this time, the African contingent have increased in number and only limited spaces in the flight, so, a few had to stay back in Lagos.

“As I speak to you, my luggage hasn’t arrived in Asaba. We were told to go to the Asaba International Airport later in the day to see if they have brought them. “I am still on the same clothes since yesterday. It is just a terrible situation,’’ he said.

Abdoulaye Thiam, a Senegalese journalist, currently stranded in Lagos, told NAN via a social media platform that he had arrived on Monday but remained in Lagos due to same issue. 

The event is scheduled for Aug 1 to Aug. 5, at the Stephen Keshi Stadium.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/08/african-athletes-stranded-in-lagos-airport-ahead-of-competition-in-asaba-photos.html

Our leaders just dey mess us
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Triniti(m): 11:58am On Aug 01, 2018
Asaba wey don cast since God knows when Na him all these people they come to? The story of this championship go long wella by the time the system might have dealt a big blow to all the athletes
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by midehi2(f): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2018
Awoo88:
See mumu when dey wait for flight. Una no fit charter God is good or the young mulue to asaba. Is about 4 hours by road
Thou stressful, it would have been better than waiting for flight, Asaba airport is in a very bad condition, so most flight don't fly there, except Arik once in a while risking people's life on Asaba airport runway
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Daejoyoung: 2:03pm On Aug 01, 2018
Asaba of all places
Re: African Athletes Stranded In Lagos Airport Ahead Of Competition In Asaba. Photos by Leonbonapart(m): 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2018
ClassRep001:
Who send ena message?

Smh
you are sick

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chelsea Score 2 Own Goals For The First Time In A Premier League Game / OFFICIAL: Man Utd Appoint Solskjaer As Permanent Manager On A 3-year Contract / Osimhen Urges Fight Against Racism As He Faces Racial Slur In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.