Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,122 members, 7,887,246 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets (3665 Views)

Nigerian Jailed 20 Years, 10 Strokes Of Whipping For Possession Of Drugs / Nigerian Jailed 330 Years In The US For Raping Daughter / Four Policemen Torture Woman Over Stolen Ipad. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2010
A special World Cup court has sentenced a Nigerian man to three years in prison for being in possession of 30 stolen tickets in South Africa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/10349389.stm
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by md4real(m): 11:16am On Jun 19, 2010
Another daint on Nigerian's image. If the guy had being from the north, i believe this thread would have been filled up with calls for his head.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 11:20am On Jun 19, 2010
This is the full story:

A special World Cup court has sentenced a Nigerian man to three years in prison for being in possession of 30 stolen tickets in South Africa.

Kunle Benjamin was stopped in his car in the capital, Pretoria, when police noticed him driving "erratically".

"As the suspect was acting suspiciously police decided to search him and the 30 tickets were discovered," said police spokeswoman Sally de Beer.

More than 50 courts have been set up to deal with World Cup related crimes.

Mr Benjamin was unable to tell the court how he came to be in possession of the tickets, police say.

Fifa say they discovered the tickets had been bought by two men on the internet, but their addresses could not be verified.

"This is yet again an example of the effectiveness of having dedicated teams, to deal with World Cup-related offences," said Ms de Beer.

Fifa has urged fans only to buy tickets from authorised outlets.
Bookmark with
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2010
md4real:

Another daint on Nigerian's image. If the guy had being from the north, i believe this thread would have been filled up with calls for his head.

Got nothing to do with tribe, a Nigerian is a Nigerian, north, south and East, all got their own problems.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Ranoscky(m): 11:30am On Jun 19, 2010
What he did is not a big news to me, my only concern is to know how long his gonna spend inside jail and since the jail terms for him is 3yrs let's just forget about him until 3yrs time and think of something else b'cos, so long as this present existing creature is concerned, the whole crimes that u and i know about and even some crimes that we can't even imagin has all been commited by our fellow nigerians all over the world so this news is not a big news to me, all i care is his jail terms and now that i know it's 3yrs let's have it in mind that our fellow nigerian will be released in 3yrs time in south africa.  thaz ma opinion, thanks!
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Egberipa(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2010
Must we show our self's every where we go, nah wah sad
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by agabaI23(m): 11:36am On Jun 19, 2010
I wonder how many years they will give to a rapist.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Youngichou(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2010
md4real:

Another daint on Nigerian's image. If the guy had being from the  north, i believe this thread would have been filled up with calls for his head.
 lol !  yes na because we know only hausa's KAITANIZE our image
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 11:38am On Jun 19, 2010
agabaI23:

I wonder how many years they will give to a rapist.

The sentencing is a bit harsh if you asked me but then again, that is SA law, he did the crime and should do the time
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by agabaI23(m): 11:40am On Jun 19, 2010
^ Yap
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by cliveland: 11:45am On Jun 19, 2010
dis is good news, he should be made sleep the entire stadiums used after d world cup fiesta one stadium each day for d 3 years!

d guy asking or hinting if he's hausa peeps would laff, thief na thief ok.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Acidosis(m): 11:49am On Jun 19, 2010
That man is an unfortunate bastard! What a useless citizen
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by eloii: 11:50am On Jun 19, 2010
Na Waoooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Naija don get problem be that.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 19, 2010
probably used a stolen credit card to do the purchases online, SAD

he should do the time
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by skyndyp(f): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
Them sure say the man no be Igbo man? The business reeks Igbo grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2010
skyndyp:

Them sure say the man no be Igbo man? The business reeks Igbo grin grin grin grin

Here we go. . . the tribal war is about to kick off
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by agabaI23(m): 12:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
skyndyp:

Beautiful girls are not good at making troubles
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by skyndyp(f): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2010
Beautiful girls are not good at making troubles

Says who?
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Litmus: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
Some folks are desperate to undermine the Nigeria peoples' confidence but we shouldn't let them. For instance is the action  of the Nigerian man in question any worst than that or Roby Earl of England who is or was a British footballing-household name? If Mister Earls action doesn't shame Britain why should the Nigerian ticket thief shame Nigeria? No one is excusing theft but all this they shame Nigeria thing has to stop!  

Some Nigerians who practice this, "Nigerians did that and Nigerians did this, oh what a shame for Nigeria" most understand that the attitude has historic resonance in the attitude of the servile black who's main goal in life is to be the "good little nigger" so his white master can give him a pat on the head for being a good boy.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by agabaI23(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
skyndyp:

Says who?
History has shown.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by skyndyp(f): 12:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
^^ U be Igbo BUSINESS MAN grin grin
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by agabaI23(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2010
skyndyp:

^^ U be Igbo BUSINESS MAN grin grin
That has nothing to do with the subject which is ' Beautiful girls are not good at making trouble'. All the trouble makers in nairaland who are girls are below average. Now that's history!
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Litmus:

Some folks are desperate to undermine the Nigeria peoples' confidence but we shouldn't let them. For instance is the action  of the Nigerian man in question any worst than that or Roby Earl of England who is or was a British footballing-household name? If Mister Earls action doesn't shame Britain why should the Nigerian ticket thief shame Nigeria? No one is excusing theft but all this they shame Nigeria thing has to stop!  
Some Nigerians who practice this, "Nigerians did that and Nigerians did this, oh what a shame for Nigeria" most understand that the attitude has historic resonance in the attitude of the servile black who's main goal in life is to be the "good little nigger" so his white master can give him a pat on the head for being a good boy.

What has this got to do with white man? When will you get up and smell the coffee? Crime is crime, it doesn't matter who committed it.
Roby Earl   was given that ticket by ITV, he did not steal it or sale it for profite. Get ur facts right b4 jumping to defend criminals.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by Litmus: 1:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
Maybe, but imagine if he was Nigerian and a top Nigerian  at that. I like Mister Earle but the affair, honest or not, is a Roby Earl affair not a British one, that is the main point :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1287025/World-Cup-2010-ITV-axes-Robbie-Earle-2-orange-mini-dress-women-arrested.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by collins123(m): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
I wonder why Nigeria did not leave the Group Stages. Scam upon Shame.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by ROCKJ1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
this is NO NEWS, 3years is a short time cos the offence is weak, BETTER NEWS please.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by ichommy(m): 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2010
naija chei
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by btlasisi(m): 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2010
I am not surprised at all. This our attitude of insatiable quest for money at all cost will always cost us hatred anywhere.
Go to any part of Europe you will be ashamed of being Nigerian because of attitude of some Nigerians living in such country.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
btlasisi:

I am not surprised at all. [b]This our attitude of insatiable quest for money at all cost will always cost us hatred anywhere.
Go to any part of Europe you will be ashamed of being Nigerian because of attitude of some Nigerians living in such country. [/b]

And some of them are not ready to work hard for that money. They want to steal/defraud/scam others and run back home to show off.
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by btlasisi(m): 3:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
I was in Greece about a year ago, some of my Yoruba brothers were into real time travelling scams while drug businesses were dominated by my Igbo brothers. This is not a tribal issue corruption has pervaded every facet of our life.[/i]
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by tellwisdom: 3:35pm On Jun 19, 2010
If it were to be an American, Case closed So help me God
Re: Nigerian Jailed Over Stolen World Cup Tickets by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2010
btlasisi:

I was in Greece about a year ago, some of my Yoruba brothers were into real time travelling scams while drug businesses were dominated by my Igbo brothers. This is not a tribal issue corruption has pervaded every facet of our life.[/i]

They are everywhere, painting everyone of us with the same brush. Honestly its hard to be a Nigerian outside Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Men Gang Rape, 18 Year Old Girl. Record Act On Video / Itunes Gift Card Scam (www.sellcardbtc.com Is A Scam) / 10 Longest Prison Sentence Ever Given

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.