Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,478 members, 7,911,130 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 04:43 AM

Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL (615 Views)

Snail Slime And Milk As Cure For Stroke / Tramadol As Cure For Premature Ejaculation / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL by veekthoor(m): 5:10pm On Aug 02, 2018
Googling  for the uses of cannabis ,your top results may border along recreational purposes    and certainly  not  as a  cure for  pancreatic cancer  as suggested by this new scientific study.

The Pancreas

The pancreas is one of  the  many organs in the  body. It is a spongy  and tube- like, located   just  behind the stomach.

It's  job is to secrete digestive  enzymes  and   hormones  like secretin  and insulation  for endocrinal functions

Pancreatic  Cancer

pancreas with malignant tissues
This type of cancer reportedly has some of the lowest survival rates.Malignant cells develop  in the pancreas  preventing the pancreas from performing  as expected.

A recent study in mice suggests that a substance - cannabidiol, a naturally occurring cannabis compound could help remedy the problem.

CBD oil and cannabis plant Researchers are hopeful  that  the use of cannabidiol   in treatment will improve survival rates  for the cancer patients.

Treatment

This type of cancer is treated by  removal of  affected tissue  in addition to  chemo but yet survival rate is still very poor.

Research

Researchers from Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) in the United Kingdom, and from Curtin University have conducted a study on a mouse model of pancreatic cancer, and come up with really  interesting findings.

The goal of the research—   to find out how cannabidiol (CBD) — a naturally occurring component of medical cannabis — alongside chemotherapy medication would improve survival chances  of pancreatic cancer patients.

The researchers focused on the potential of CBD rather than another cannabis compound, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), because the former does not cause psychoactive effects.

In the study  the researchers worked with a mouse model of pancreatic cancer, which they treated with CBD  in combination with "Gemcitabine"-a chemotherapy drug.

Findings

From the experiment ,the mice treated with cannabidiol  and chemo survived almost three times as long as mice from a control group treated  with just chemotherapy.

"This is a remarkable result," says Prof. Falasca  -member of the research team, adding, "We found that mice with pancreatic cancer survived nearly three times longer if a constituent of medicinal cannabis was added to their chemotherapy treatment."

"The life expectancy for pancreatic cancer patients has barely changed in the last 40 years because there are very few, and mostly only palliative care, treatments available,"

The findings of this research  has  greatly improved  the  already gaining approval  of  CBD by the health  authorities in UK.

If further studies show that CBD is effective in improving cancer treatment, this could mean that doctors will be able to use it in cancer clinics immediately.

CBD  Human Trials?

"Cannabidiol is gaining approval for use in clinics, which means we can go on with human clinical trials," says Prof. Falasca.

In addition  to the exciting results from the study, the researchers are hopeful that human trials will produce similar  results.

Lastly  how the  combination of cannabidiol and chemo   greatly reduces common side effects of chemo including nausea, pain, and vomiting.
Re: Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL by veekthoor(m): 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2018
Please feel free to drop your burning questions here or

Mail us @

thehealthymail365@gmail.com
Re: Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL by veekthoor(m): 11:05pm On Aug 04, 2018
To find out about more exciting research in healthcare and health related areas..

Visit our Facebook page www.facebook.com/thehealthymail

and also our website www.thehealthymail.co.uk
Re: Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL by wakes: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2018
Where Can I Buy Hemp Oil In Nigeria?
Here: 08066646868! smiley

TESTIMONIAL of someone who is 5 weeks on CBD oil.

I sleep and have dreams. Good dreams.

My blood pressure is down.122/71 at the moment.

�I have about zero sugar cravings and sweets don't appeal to me anymore.

Nerve pain in my left foot, big improvement. No restless leg/ foot keeping me awake.

Both of my knees are the same size. No more swollen hurting knees.

I have no pain from my gut issues and poop like a human should.

My skin issues (they are mild) are gone. Dry skin is gone.

Anxiety? What is that?

I got more than I bargained for and am a bit pissed that I didn't know about this before.

Years in the bathroom that I can't get back!
This is simply amazing!

Re: Cannabis As Cure For Pancreatic Cancer— THE HEALTHY MAIL by ashleysummer: 5:51pm On Sep 12, 2018
Cannabis and cancer is a real debated subject right now. I believe that medical cannabis canada is not a miracle cancer cure, but during dark times sometimes it can help to hold onto something to get through

(1) (Reply)

Skin To Skin: How To Prevent Her From Getting Pregnant / Beware: November Is Snake Season-see Safety Tips / A Great And Positive Effect Of Eating Date Fruits During Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.