Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,172 members, 7,880,659 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? (1681 Views)

Do Muslims See Visions And Fall In Trance? / Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement / Why Do Muslims Ask Their Women To Stay Behind During Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 4:21pm On Aug 03, 2018
I need a sound minded Muslim to give a logical reason or reasons as to why Islam followers love to obstruct and hinder people's movements by blocking major roads especially on Fridays all in the name of prayers.

You might also want to do us a favour by answering the following questions

1.Does the Quran order Muslims to block and stand on the road to pray before their prayers would be answered

2. What sense does it make after performing ablution and cleansing for prayers, you still stand on the God forsaken road where all forms of dirty materials are washed to in order to pray

3. If the Christians, Bhuddhist, Hindus and the hundreds of world religions do the same, what would be the case

4. If the Quran never instructed Muslims to do so, then, is it some kind of show-off and hypocrisy

It saddens my heart that while people are advancing technologically and economically, we Africans have deliberately allowed our inclination to religion and religious practices to decelerate and hamper our developmental pace as a people.

The painful thing is that they even go ahead to block major township roads that has no alternative routes and the same people will be wondering why the western world is leaving us behind in everything.

I need Muslims to be bold enough to give us sound and logical answers to these questions.

No insult is needed here. Remember we all have that beastly aspect in us, no monopoly to madness...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2018
Which village is that happening?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by LuciferChristi: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2018
By blocking the road, they cause a gridlock & accumulate enough cars and people within a small space.

Then the bomb vest goes off...

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2018
fuckerstard:
Which village is that happening?
My brother, I can't even count how many places I have witnessed this issue again.
Just this afternoon along Masaka to Mararaba road, the whole vehicles on the main road were stuck in a still traffic until the Friday prayer was done before we continued movement. How unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by HajimeSaito(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2018
I believe LuciferChristi has the best answer...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:
I believe LuciferChristi has the best answer...
How can we invoke Lucifer to this thread pls?
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by HajimeSaito(m): 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2018
respect80:

How can we invoke Lucifer to this thread pls?

He is the god of the muslums. If we don't include him he'll be very upset. We don't want him to feel left out cool
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by enilove(m): 5:08pm On Aug 03, 2018
That is why people hate the religion.

It teaches lawlessness. How they think they are serving God by these their acts is what baffles me.

Something will happen one day which will make them or the government to barn them. Let's wait and see.

Lawless and violent religion. Islam hates peace and harmony.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by enilove(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2018
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
Can a sound Muslim please give a sound answer or would you rather we draw the wrong sort of conclusions?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2018
HajimeSaito:

He is the god of the muslums. If we don't include him he'll be very upset. We don't want him to feel left out cool
cheesy
Oh #LuciferChristi the god of the muslums, we invoke you to this thread to give us an answer to the question we've asked. Pls if you are too busy, kindly send a representative

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by CodeTemplar: 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2018
Territorial advancement it is.
Roads are public properties that are meant for tax-paying believers and nonbelievers.
It is sad that illiteracy is a good virtue for some.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by sorextee(m): 8:09pm On Aug 03, 2018
Even we Christians block road too, during our crusade, revival, Sunday service. Assuming Adeboye visits one of his churches for a three day revival, imagine how many cars go block road.
It is also not stated in d Bible that we shld block d road during our own service. So my broda,live and let live. They do theirs on Fridays, we do ours on Sundays. Life goes on.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by olajide21: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
enilove:

It teaches lawlessness. How they think they are serving God by these their acts is what baffles me.

Something will happen one day which will make them or the government to barn them. Let's wait and see.

So you think Churches don't block and entire busy road? Don't be an hypocrite. You are fast in judging others while you left your house ucleaned too.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Rashduct4luv(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2018
enilove:

See foolishness and bigotry of the highest order! Which people hate Islam? If not Christians?

When redeem and others are causing gridlock at Ibadan expressway, etc, how many Muslim talk?

Mind you Christianity especially teaches what you claim. Jesus said he never came to bring peace to the world.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
mrAMG:
Can a sound Muslim please give a sound answer or would you rather we draw the wrong sort of conclusions?

Let me answer op questions to you daft midgets with this simple scenario:

Plenty of Muslims go to the Friday mosque. Mosque gets filled up, and the surrounding praying areas also get filled up. The prayer is about to start or has begun. More Muslims show up, but there's no place left but the road. Muslims then proceed to pray on the road.

If you think Muslims love to pray on the road and aren't just forced to do so because there simply isn't enough space for everyone, then I don't know what to say to you.

This is simple common sense that you can't use your brain to solve. Smh

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2018
Adamh:

Plenty of Muslims go to the Friday mosque. Mosque gets filled up, and the surrounding praying areas also get filled up. The prayer is about to start or has begun. More Muslims show up, but there's no place left but the road. Muslims then proceed to pray on the road.

If you think Muslims love to pray on the road and aren't just forced to do so because there simply isn't enough space for everyone, then I don't know what to say to you.

This is simple common sense that you can't use your brain to solve Smh

@bolded, you talk of common sense, yet you think the reason you gave above is logical and justifiable right?
To the extent that you are even shaking your head.
Well, continue shaking your head until it falls off your neck.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
respect80:

@bolded, you talk of common sense, yet you think the reason you gave above is logical and justifiable right?
To the extent that you are even shaking your head.
Well, continue shaking your head until it falls off your neck.

Says the guy with no argument to present.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by respect80(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Adamh:

Says the guy with no argument to present.
What argument are you talking about?
I made my points clear in my post yet you typed nonsense calling it argument... If you don't have a LOGICAL or justifiable reason to give, just furk off this thread. Perhaps, you don't understand when someone says LOGICAL REASON I guess
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by tintingz(m): 8:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
Adamh:

The common sense you lack is why must they pray Jumat prayer in a small environment when they know the crowd will cause gridlocks? Are they entitle to blocking roads?

There are open fields to pray on Fridays, but because of greediness and the money they want get from worshipers won't make them reason, they will be using small building to do mass congregation, Christians too are not exempted.

I wonder why the government is not doing anything about this public nuisance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by true2god: 9:54am On Aug 13, 2018
Adamh:

You are simply making excuses for lawlessness. In any sane society, law and order are usually for peace to reign. Muslims must understand that over 80% of mankind are not Muslims and also deserve to be respected, why block a public space because you wanna pray?

This seems to be a global phenomenon associated with Islam/Muslims; deliberate and insensitive road blocking. In France, Muslims (over 90% are migrants from Africa) will travel from Lyon and Bordeaux to attend a central mosque in Paris hence overfilling the mosques and streets? When asked why they are blocking a public street they will respond that there are no enough mosque in Paris for them to pray. That the govt should provide more and bigger mosques. They make demands that they will never accept if a 'kafir' make a similar one.

This act is a clever way of gradually taking over other people's land and space for Arab imperialistic agenda. After much fight and complaints, from the local, the police has to issue a warning against blocking public roads in Paris, especially by Muslims, on Fridays. Did the Muslims comply? No.

Islam, to me, is an instruments for lawlessness, when it comes to laws made by the 'kafirs' in the land of the 'kafirs' especially with regard to Islamic excesses.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Empiree: 2:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
true2god:
You are simply making excuses for lawlessness. In any sane society, law and order are usually for peace to reign. Muslims must understand that over 80% of mankind are not Muslims and also deserve to be respected, why block a public space because you wanna pray?

This seems to be a global phenomenon associated with Islam/Muslims; deliberate and insensitive road blocking. In France, Muslims (over 90% are migrants from Africa) will travel from Lyon and Bordeaux to attend a central mosque in Paris hence overfilling the mosques and streets? When asked why they are blocking a public street they will respond that there are no enough mosque in Paris for them to pray. That the govt should provide more and bigger mosques. They make demands that they will never accept if a 'kafir' make a similar one.

This act is a clever way of gradually taking over other people's land and space for Arab imperialistic agenda. After much fight and complaints, from the local, the police has to issue a warning against blocking public roads in Paris, especially by Muslims, on Fridays. Did the Muslims comply? No.

Islam, to me, is an instruments for lawlessness, when it comes to laws made by the 'kafirs' in the land of the 'kafirs' especially with regard to Islamic excesses.
Oga, once permission is given to pray on public roads, that's no longer lawlessness. In America, they pray on the streets but not before getting approval from the city or local govt.

In that case, it is not lawlessness because they paid for permit. And police are present to divert traffic. Same is done in France. Muslims don't just occupied the street without proper permit.

Deal With It cool cool cool

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by tintingz(m): 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
Empiree:
Oga, once permission is given to pray on public roads, that's no longer lawlessness. In America, they pray on the streets but not before getting approval from the city or local govt.

In that case, it is not lawlessness because they paid for permit. And police are present to divert traffic. Same is done in France. Muslims don't just occupied the street without proper permit.

You're comparing a well structured develop country to that of Nigeria?

The image you provided looks more like they were protesting and time for solat hit them, or they were refugees, imigrants.

In France the country lack many mosques, so Muslims pray on the road which is now ban.

1st image is Eid prayer which was outside an ongoing mosque construction in Russia.

But here in Nigeria, a road that's the only link can be blocked resulting to gridlocks, this is actually not good for emergencies.

Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Empiree: 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
tintingz:
You're comparing a well structured develop country to that of Nigeria?

The image you provided looks more like they were protesting and time for solat hit them, or they were refugees, imigrants.

In France the country lack many mosques, so Muslims pray on the road which is now ban.

1st image is Eid prayer which was outside an ongoing mosque construction in Russia.

will that's Nigeria for you. Fix your govt before you blame people.

My concern is, why op focused on muslims while in fact Christians do the same? RCCG Lagos-Ibadan comes to mind. I remembered in the 90s we faced hell on Earth trying to exit Lagos. I don't know if it is still like that. They caused so much road block.

Besides, how about weekend parties?. They used to block the hell out of the roads but I don't know if they still do that now.

Fact is, it is wrong to block roads either for religious reason or social affairs without proper authority's approval and police presence to control traffic
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by tintingz(m): 5:24pm On Aug 13, 2018
Empiree:
will that's Nigeria for you. Fix your govt before you blame people.

My concern is, why op focused on muslims while in fact Christians do the same? RCCG Lagos-Ibadan comes to mind. I remembered in the 90s we faced hell on Earth trying to exit Lagos. I don't know if it is still like that. They caused so much road block.

Besides, how about weekend parties?. They used to block the hell out of the roads but I don't know if they still do that now.

Fact is, it is wrong to block roads either for religious reason or social affairs without proper authority's approval and police presence to control traffic
Yes, that's why I said in a post, why is the govt not doing anything about this public nuisance.

The people should also know that it's wrong to block roads especially when it's the only link.

As for the Lagos-Ibadan express way, it still happen alots, the christians here are just being bias and sentimental.

Organizing parties on the road is illegal in Lagos, I don't know about other states, one have to get permission from the Local govt before any event on the road or be fine.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by true2god: 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2018
Empiree:

In over 90% of the cases no any permission is given to any Muslim to block the street for prayer. It is all about the Muslims making a statement that 'we are here'. If they are given permission to block the street, why are many European cities banning them from doing that? Why are the native citizens complaining of their public nuisance? Why are Muslims using street prayers as a prelude to making demand for more mosques? Can Christians get a permission to pray on the street in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, Egypt, etc?

Your attempt to rationale foolishness or public bully, in the name of religion, does not make sense. In muslim-dominated country no any permit is needed for Muslims to block the street for prayers, despite the fact that they have 1000s of mosques where they can pray. If there are 1000s of mosques in a country like Saudi Arabia or Egypt, why can't they pray inside their mosques?

When last did you hear the Christians, Hindus, or the shintos block public road for prayers? Let's be a bit decent bro! Let religion out of this issue, it's common sense.
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Empiree: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2018
true2god:
In over 90% of the cases no any permission is given to any Muslim to block the street for prayer. It is all about the Muslims making a statement that 'we are here'. If they are given permission to block the street, why are many European cities banning them from doing that? Why are the native citizens complaining of their public nuisance? Why are Muslims using street prayers as a prelude to making demand for more mosques? Can Christians get a permission to pray on the street in Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Sudan, Egypt, etc?
Yup, we are here if that's what you want to hear. So deal with it cool

People don't always agree with govt's plans. If govt grants permission and people aren't okay with it, it is their right to protest but doesn't mean they have the right to kick congregation away.

I will tell you one that happened in a city in USA, I think 2014. A beautiful Mosque located in semi-isolated area was shut down due to ommunity started complaining about "noise pollution" and they filed complaints with the city to shut down the masjid. City indeed shut down the masjid and no more congregation but the masjid is standing there pending govt resolution.

One morning, mosque itself called for adhan(prayer) without anyone inside. Community again came out to see if the mosque was reopened but, alas!. It remained shut down. Those people started taking pictures and testified to truth is Islam. I don't have information as to wether the mosque is reopened or not.

Your attempt to rationale foolishness or public bully, in the name of religion, does not make sense. In muslim-dominated country no any permit is needed for Muslims to block the street for prayers, despite the fact that they have 1000s of mosques where they can pray. If there are 1000s of mosques in a country like Saudi Arabia or Egypt, why can't they pray inside their mosques?

When last did you hear the Christians, Hindus, or the shintos block public road for prayers? Let's be a bit decent bro! Let religion out of this issue, it's common sense.
Deal with it cool there is no peace treaty with folk like you. I tell you as is it. WE OWN THE WORLD grin

So eat dirts if it so frustrate you cheesy

Stop pretending as if Christians don't do the same. Muslims take over the streets why you scam your members of tithes. grin cheesy

And finally, no, we will not allow you to build church in heartland of Islam because you worship three-headed God contrary to Oneness of God that we know. So take your church and str prayers to Vatican grin
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Empiree: 6:28pm On Aug 13, 2018
tintingz:
Yes, that's why I said in a post, why is the govt not doing anything about this public nuisance.

The people should also know that it's wrong to block roads especially when it's the only link.

As for the Lagos-Ibadan express way, it still happen alots, the christians here are just being bias and sentimental.

Organizing parties on the road is illegal in Lagos, I don't know about other states, one have to get permission from the Local govt before any event on the road or be fine.
case closed. This sumed up. Shows this thread is lopsided
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by true2god: 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
Empiree:
Yup, we are here if that's what you want to hear. So deal with it cool

People don't always agree with govt's plans. If govt grants permission and people aren't okay with it, it is their right to protest but doesn't mean they have the right to kick congregation away.

I will tell you one that happened in a city in USA, I think 2014. A beautiful Mosque located in semi-isolated area was shut down due to ommunity started complaining about "noise pollution" and they filed complaints with the city to shut down the masjid. City indeed shut down the masjid and no more congregation but the masjid is standing there pending govt resolution.

One morning, mosque itself called for adhan(prayer) without anyone inside. Community again came out to see if the mosque was reopened but, alas!. It remained shut down. Those people started taking pictures and testified to truth is Islam. I don't have information as to wether the mosque is reopened or not.

Deal with it cool there is no peace treaty with folk like you. I tell you as is it. WE OWN THE WORLD grin

So eat dirts if it so frustrate you cheesy

Stop pretending as if Christians don't do the same. Muslims take over the streets why you scam your members of tithes. grin cheesy

And finally, no, we will not allow you to build church in heartland of Islam because you worship three-headed God contrary to Oneness of God that we know. So take your church and str prayers to Vatican grin
Yes, this is the same arrogance Muslims displayed in Spain, Portugal and France, in the medivial Europe, that led to the expulsion of Muslims and destruction of all mosques in Europe. If Islam/Muslims were expelled from Europe many years back, what gives you the confidence that they won't/can't be expelled again?

Christians can believe whatever they like, which had been core of their doctrines even before Mohammed was born; and I'm very sure allahh (if he does exist) was/is aware of Christian beliefs and he allowed it. So what's your Islamic problem with that? Once you Muslims don't believe in 'live and let live' and have divided the world into 'the ummah' and 'the kafirs', then the world will also rise against Islam vis-à-vis their Arab imperial agenda for global conquest.

Sane Arab nations like Qatar and UAE are allowing churches and temple in their countries, as long as you don't constitute public nuisance as Muslims do in Europe. The Christian world (Britain, US and Russia) have the money and the military to take over all Muslim world, if push comes to shove. Stop acting as if you are ignorant of this simple fact. Do you think Christianity will survive if the Muslim countries are the world powers?
Re: Why Do Muslims Love Praying On The Road? Why Obstruct People's Movement? by Empiree: 10:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
true2god:
Yes, this is the same arrogance Muslims displayed in Spain, Portugal and France, in the medivial Europe, that led to the expulsion of Muslims and destruction of all mosques in Europe. If Islam/Muslims were expelled from Europe many years back, what gives you the confidence that they won't/can't be expelled again?

Christians can believe whatever they like, which had been core of their doctrines even before Mohammed was born; and I'm very sure allahh (if he does exist) was/is aware of Christian beliefs and he allowed it. So what's your Islamic problem with that? Once you Muslims don't believe in 'live and let live' and have divided the world into 'the ummah' and 'the kafirs', then the world will also rise against Islam vis-à-vis their Arab imperial agenda for global conquest.

Sane Arab nations like Qatar and UAE are allowing churches and temple in their countries, as long as you don't constitute public nuisance as Muslims do in Europe. The Christian world (Britain, US and Russia) have the money and the military to take over all Muslim world, if push comes to shove. Stop acting as if you are ignorant of this simple fact. Do you think Christianity will survive if the Muslim countries are the world powers?
We are here to stay and christianity is at its lowest ebb and irreversible in Europe, period. Anything else you said are irrelevant. We have established fact that christians also block roads which makes lives of other uneasy. And i cited Lagos-ibadan highway as a case study.

It is pathetic that you had to look the other way while neglecting your christian brethrens constituting nuisances in nigeria and around the world. I repeat, we will not allow churches to be built in heartland of Islam, Mecca and Medina. Take your churhches to vatican where bunch of pedophilias and child molesters triumphant.

(1) (Reply)

Working In Ribaa Banks. / U Re Ignorant Abt The Religion / Who Was The First Muslim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.