Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,080 members, 7,973,650 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:09 PM

Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection (635 Views)

I Never Said I’ll Not Contest Second Term, Says Jonathan / I‘ll Not Contest In 2015 – Jonathan (2011) / Amaechi Will Not Contest 2015 Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nchara: 4:40pm On Jun 19, 2010
He will be seen as a coward by the south south and some of his supporters in the SE Aand SW
He will be seen as a trustworthy and agreement-keeping person by the North and rotational presidency goons in the SE and SW
Ijaw (I doubt if other SS groups will join them) may go back to the creeks for a new round of fight
The new president will deploy the military to crush any new insurgent.
Instead of the south to be clamouring for Jonathan (as though he is a messiah), they should use this opportunity to entrench rotational presidency(RP) in our constitution. The North is talking about 47 years of RP. The south should seize the momentum and make it RP for life. I am sure the North will be willing to concede that, seeing how desperate they are for 2011.

If the North decamps from PDP (because Jonathan is contesting) and wins the election in 2011 in another party, then the entire south should forget the presidency for Life. Remember that the new INEC chair is a northerner, and a northerner is a northerner for life, unlike us who shift base depending on the situation.
I read that Gusau was among those northerners who met to counter Jonathan's interest in 2011, yet Gusau is his NSA. What sort of a person is Jonathan, anyways?
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 19, 2010
May your prediction never come to pass
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by ladi02(m): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2010
Contest when there is no opposition

PDP just needs to give the ticket to the next thief and we already have a President
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
why is this speculation necessary?
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nchara: 5:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
mikeansy:

why is this speculation necessary?
Jonathan does not have the guts not to respect RP of PDP. Now the North wants 47 years of RP, why not the south, seizing the momentum, negotiate for life RP.
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nchara:

Jonathan does not have the guts not to respect RP of PDP. Now the North wants 47 years of RP, why not the south, seizing the momentum, negotiate for life RP.

any negotiation not written in the Nigerian constitution with stringent conditions for amendment is not acceptable.
Re: Jonathan Will Not Contest In 2011-My Projection by Nchara: 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2010
mikeansy:

any negotiation not written in the Nigerian constitution with stringent conditions for amendment is not acceptable.

Talking about the bolded, did you read my first post?

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Falling For Obasanjo's Bait- Northern Elders Assembly / Perception Or Reality? Southern Nigeria Ahead In Corruption / N1. 3bn Scam: Efcc Invites Lulu, Ogunjobi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.