Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,015 members, 7,970,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 08:47 PM

World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up (981 Views)

Bust Up At Chelsea Training Ground As Players Throw Punches At Each Other With A / Footballer Chichi Igbo Shares A Very Hateful Message A Nigerian Sent Her / Emem Uduok Sent Home From Eagles Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by AloyEmeka5: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2010
World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka sent home after bust-up

Domenech (right) chose Anelka to start France's first two games

France striker Nicolas Anelka has been sent home from the World Cup after reports of a bust-up with coach Raymond Domenech during the Mexico game.
The Chelsea star missed training on Saturday after reports of a row with the France coach during their 2-0 loss.
The 31-year-old, who has started both of France's games, insulted Domenech at half-time, according to L'Equipe.

Anelka later refused to apologise when asked to by French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes.
"Faced by the refusal of the player to publicly apologise, he (Escalettes) took the decision in total agreement with the coach and the official members of the delegation present to exclude Nicolas Anelka from the squad," the FFF said in a statement.

The FFF said that France captain Patrice Evra was also present with Escalettes at the French training camp in Knysa when the decision was taken.
France's hope of qualifying from Group A is now out of their own hands following their 0-0 draw to Uruguay and defeat by Mexico.
If Mexico and Uruguay draw in their final match France will be eliminated.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8749698.stm
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by lizzybabe1(f): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2010
No wonder they didn't play well. Their egos are bigger than the country. tongue
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by AloyEmeka5: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2010
Nicolas Anelka is widely known to have attitude. If you doubt me, ask Kanu Nwankwo or Arsene Wenger. He keeps no friend, rarely socialize with team mates and prefers to be a lone ranger. His attitude will kill his career eventually and I am truly surprised he has managed to come this far. Players like him get dumped in the basket of history before the end of their career and let him forget about a career in coaching because if you are not good in stewardship, how can you lead?. He is just an arrogant piece of sht.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by RuuDie(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Nicolas Anelka is widely known to have attitude. If you doubt me, ask Kanu Nwankwo or Arsene Wenger. He keeps no friend, rarely socialize with team mates and prefers to be a lone ranger. His attitude will kill his career eventually and I am truly surprised he has managed to come this far. Players like him get dumped in the basket of history before the end of their career and let him forget about a career in coaching because if you are not good in stewardship, how can you lead?. He is just an arrogant piece of sht.

kill which career
have u ever heard that a man who is down needs no fear of fall. . . nico is already at the tail end of his career, so what is there to kill!?

As 4 domenech, he deserves more than insults. . . . even rookie maradona has a firm handle on his team and knows what he wants of 'em - domenech is just f.c.uking clueless!

I guess this is all the curse of the irish working its charm on the french grin
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by tempest01(m): 6:18pm On Jun 19, 2010
I'm thinking who will strike 4 dem in their remaining matches since he didn't bring benzema and even saha that did all to impress. They are definately not proceeding to next round i bet.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by AloyEmeka5: 6:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
tempest01:

I'm thinking who will strike 4 dem in their remaining matches since he didn't bring benzema and even saha that did all to impress. They are definately not proceedig to next round i bet.

Thierry Henry.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by AloyEmeka5: 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
RuuDie:

kill which career
have u ever heard that a man who is down needs no fear of fall. . . nico is already at the tail end of his career, so what is there to kill!?

As 4 domenech, he deserves more than insults. . . . even rookie maradona has a firm handle on his team and knows what he wants of 'em - domenech is just f.c.uking clueless!

I guess this is all the curse of the irish working its charm on the french  grin
Lol, a player who anchors for Chelsea still has his game going on. He is very much alive.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by tempest01(m): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Thierry Henry.
Henry has passed his prime, His shows lately hasn't been impressive
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by Dclique(m): 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2010
Am not suprised. They weren't supposed to be participating at this world cup sef.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by honeric01(m): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2010
France and Nigeria, 2 half brothers grin grin grin
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by semid4lyfe(m): 4:05am On Jun 20, 2010
honeric01:

France and Nigeria, 2 half brothers grin grin grin
France still better pass Super Eagles nah. They have played better than the Super Eagles and they have a point from 2 matches unlike our clueless Eagles. Something tells me, they'll be exiting this competition with 2 or 4 points unlike our Eagles who'd be with O points after the 3 matches.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by mensdept: 4:14am On Jun 20, 2010
This could be the break France needs. You dont need egotistic players at this stage. I watched Anelka during the first two games, and really, he is just like Yakubu, couldnt make any runs, overshooting to God knows where, hardly involved, etc.

France should put in someone who is ready to represent their country and not old egotistic persons making their WC Deput at 30 years.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by honeric01(m): 3:58pm On Jun 20, 2010
semid4lyfe:

France still better pass Super Eagles nah. They have played better than the Super Eagles and they have a point from 2 matches unlike our clueless Eagles. Something tells me, they'll be exiting this competition with 2 or 4 points unlike our Eagles who'd be with O points after the 3 matches.

Then France is the elder brother of Nigeria.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by bawomolo(m): 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2010
mens dept:

This could be the break France needs. You dont need egotistic players at this stage. I watched Anelka during the first two games, and really, he is just like Yakubu, couldnt make any runs, overshooting to God knows where, hardly involved, etc.

France should put in someone who is ready to represent their country and not old egotistic persons making their WC Deput at 30 years.

umm they refused to practice today. and some team officials just quit.
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by dayokanu(m): 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2010
Domenech reads out statement to press written by players and given to him by Evra. They refuse to train because of Anelka's exclusion.
France squad reportedly pulled out of public training session after Patrice Evra clashed with physical preparation coach Robert Duverne.

Are the French not awesome?
Re: World Cup 2010: Nicolas Anelka Sent Home After Bust-up by chemali: 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2010
What a team in disarray

The likes of patrick viera will be swearing and cursing wherever they are now. The players have lost total respect and regard for their coach.

I heard anelka called the coach some unprintable names. He should be banished totally from ever wearing France national colours again. This will serve as a deterrent to future generations.

Shamesless dude. Make world cup debut at 30 yet he is misbehaving

(1) (Reply)

Sports Journalist Arrested In Nigeria / End Of The Road For LUIS NANI?? / All Group Standings...african World Cup Qualifiers!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.