Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,419 members, 7,914,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 04:58 PM

Amazing Pencil Arts Of OAU Medical Student Who Wants To Become Health Minister - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Amazing Pencil Arts Of OAU Medical Student Who Wants To Become Health Minister (950 Views)

Digital Arts Of Important Land Marks In Abuja, Nigeria / Unveiling The Idarts CGC (interactive Digital Arts Of A Coastal Green City) / Pencil Portrait Of Bob Marley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amazing Pencil Arts Of OAU Medical Student Who Wants To Become Health Minister by Nigeriapen(m): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2018

Adewuyi Daniel discovered his Art skills in secondary school and still decides to study Medicine at Obafemi Awolowo University.

Chasing a dream in the medical field and having a passion for Fine art seem incompatible as it is not so common to see medical students having interest in other fields.

However, Adewuyi Daniel is a rare talent among medical students in Nigeria.

In this interview with Pulse, the 200 level student of Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)talks about how he developed his pencil arts and why he decided to study Medicine.

Pulse: When did you discover your pencil drawing skill?

Daniel: I’ve always been the one whose hands never stops disturbing everything (there is a label for that in Yoruba).

But I actually learnt the reason what my hands don’t stop in the Junior Secondary classes when we had to draw a lot. I was always the best.

Pulse: Why did you choose to study Medicine when you are so talented with an amazing pencil drawing skill?

Daniel: I chose Medicine for three reasons: he Nigerian factors, the parental factors and the personal factors.

Most importantly, I love being among the few best, and you can say that about Medicine.

Pulse: Did you learn the skill anywhere or it is self-taught?

Daniel: I come from a talented family, every member of the family has something they know best which they didn’t even have to learn from anyone.

I guess that affected me too because I can’t say I learn the pencil art from anyone, but then, I can’t deny I have some people whose work guide me in making mine better.

Pulse: How do you intend to combine medicine and art together?

Daniel: I’m a very polygamous person when it comes to making things happen, I could multi-task and still do amazing. I want to have my art gallery which will be where I spend my off-hospital times. I’m not sure I want to have a hospital yet, but I can tell my eyes are on the office of the Minister of Health.

Pulse: What level are you now?

Daniel: I’m in 200 Level.

Pulse: So since there is a parental influence in your choice of course, does this affect your academic performance as you are not studying what you are passionate about?

Daniel: I’m passionate about what I’m studying too, and I don’t think I want to study Art or even anything in the Faculty of Art.

That’s why I mentioned the Nigerian factor earlier on. I have interest in the Biological Sciences, that’s why I joined the Science Class in Senior Secondary School.

My parent only influenced me to choose Medicine over any other Biological Sciences course.

Pulse: Medical students often complain about their course being one of the most difficult courses, how do you combine the rigour of your course with your creative work?

Daniel: Medicine is exactly what only the Medical students understand it is…difficult. When it gets to OAU’s Medicine, it’s like have no other thing in your life anymore but Medicine. Medicine likes to take the whole of your 24 hours every day. But I have my way. I manage my time brilliantly. I carry the work I’m doing around, and my tools too. Any tiny chance I have to stay idle, I just draw.

Pulse: How then do you relax when you jump from academic tasks to your passion-driven task?

Daniel: I’m introverted, so relaxation has to be with myself and my stuff, which makes it easy and possible to be anytime and anywhere.

Pulse: If you have to choose one between Medicine and Pencil Art as a career which will you choose?

Daniel: This was a very tough question the first time I was asked. It’s easier to answer now.

I’m a bi-person, I’m always having two things of everything, and I have learnt how to merge one with the other when I have to hold on to just one of the two. Whichever one if art and Medicine I’m choosing, the other is certainly everywhere in it.

See more photos below...

SOURCE:https://www.nigeriapen.com.ng/meet-oau-medical-student-with-amazing-fine-art-skills-id8689465-html/

Lalasticlala
Re: Amazing Pencil Arts Of OAU Medical Student Who Wants To Become Health Minister by Nigeriapen(m): 12:07pm On Aug 04, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Photoshop Professional Graphics Design Course Basic To Pro / I Need Someone Who Can Make Matured App Launch And Hand Sketch Videos / ANY 3D Animator In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.