Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,826 members, 7,902,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:37 PM

Introverts, The Job Search & Getting Ahead at The Work Place: My Experience. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Introverts, The Job Search & Getting Ahead at The Work Place: My Experience. (3122 Views)

Avoid These Four Types Of People At Work Place / Introverts, How Do You Cope At Your Work Place? / Gen-z And Their Many Problems In The Work Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Introverts, The Job Search & Getting Ahead at The Work Place: My Experience. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:16am On Aug 29, 2018
myca:

Hi,

Every introvert struggle with the ability to network...I guess that's the primary reason we are tagged: introverts. It is okay to be introverted but it is never okay to allow it dictate how you live your life. Recall I alluded that one can be introverted and achieve his or her goals? This same principle applies in the area of networking.

Take each networking opportunity as a goal or target and work hard to achieve them. Note that, more often than not, introverts do not know how to deal with a 'No' response. Answering in the negative tend to push introverts further into their shells. This is an area every introvert must work hard to overcome otherwise we would never achieve as much as we ought to.

When I network and I do not get a favourable response, I try not to allow it get to me or take it too personal. My approach is to learn from every encounter whether favourable or not. With each passing encounter, I develop this ability to reach out to people whenever necessary. Note that developing this ability does nothing to take away that choking feeling but helps us deal with it better.

Ask yourself which is better: to try and fail or not to try at all? If you do not try you would never know if you would have been successful or not.
Great write up. As an introvert, the thoughts of an interview or having to negotiate for salary during a job search, tires me of the process without even starting it. I am making cautious efforts to change it though.
At bolded..... Is what hassle been keeping me moving each time I go for a job assessment and fail. I try to identify the issue and improve on it in the next one. I usually come out better. And I then tell myself..... I couldn't have improved if I didn't make attempt in the first place. Please dish out more from your reservoir of experiences... We are eager to learn from you

1 Like

Re: Introverts, The Job Search & Getting Ahead at The Work Place: My Experience. by myca: 8:49am On Sep 20, 2018
I apologise greatly for the long absence.

I have been super busy with work.

I recently got a huge promotion and needed time to get familiar with the role and my team members.

Will update as soon as I can.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Your Instant P.O.S Within 24hrs With No Stress / G / Masters In Information Technology (mit) Unilag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.