Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,418 members, 7,950,905 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 05:37 AM

4 Nollywood Films For Babylon Film Project - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 4 Nollywood Films For Babylon Film Project (812 Views)

Please I Need Help On Where To Download Season Films For Free / 22 Important Questions 4 Nollywood / New Yoruba Films For March 12th, 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Nollywood Films For Babylon Film Project by AloyEmeka5: 7:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
Four Nollywood films for Babylon film project
Showtime PeopleJun 18, 2010
Babylon International has successfully completed its film development and training programme with the presentation of 9 film projects during Zuma Film Festival in Abuja, in May 2010.
The project packages consist of screenplays and short promotional films shot during the workshop week in Abuja.
These short films were presented alongside other film projects at the Cinemas du Monde Pavilion during the International Film Festival in Cannes.
Four Nigerian projects attracted the attention of producers, buyers and sales agents. They are;“The Land” by Funke Oyebanjo and Sebari Diette-Spiff, “Wahala” by Farouk Lasaki, “Letter to the Prof” by Chike Ibekwe and “My Brother’s Sin” by Jide Bello.

These film projects have now qualified to be positioned for production funding.
Speaking on the four Nigerian film projects to benefit from the Babylon International development and support for funding, elated Afolabi Adesanya, Managing Director, Nigerian Film Corporation said Nigeria was indeed proud that of the numerous film projects entered, Nigeria came tops with four projects.
Adesanya said that partners and consultants to Babylon International were equally happy that Nigeria came tops, especially against the background that Nigeria had in abundance talents, creativity, resilience and determination among her film professionals.
For Adesanya, Nigerian films can competitively feature confidently in global film fiestas if a little more time of what he described as “doing things right” is adhered to.

Film making in Nigeria, the Nigerian Film Corporation boss said, must be given the necessary attention it deserves, if sustainable development of the sector and bringing it to par with globally accepted standards is desirable.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/06/18/four-nollywood-films-for-babylon-film-project/

(1) (Reply)

Despicable Me / I Need Opinions On This Script. / Big Brother The Chase Grand Finale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.