Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,278 members, 7,943,609 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 07:26 PM

Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? (701 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Nigeria Vs Korea DPR (6 - 2) FIFA U-20 Women's WC Semi Final On Wed 20th August / Kevin-Prince Boateng Revealed What Really Transpired In Ghanian Camp At WC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by Vquest(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
The simple and logical answer to this question is no.
  The continent had six teams this time, and zero made it to the 2nd round.
  Contrast that appalling performance with that of the
  Concacaf group with 3 teams sent and 2 standing a
   pretty good chance of winning their group b(Mexico, USA).
  Do you guys think Fiffa would be in the right to take away one
   spot from the continent and give it to the Concacaf region?
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by honeric01(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2010
Yes we do, maybe with the help of FIFA stopping us from firing any coach that qualify us for the worldcup.

A coach who is fit enough to qualify a country to the worldcup is fit enough to lead them to the worldcup.
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by otokx(m): 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2010
Shame on Africa; they should go and find out from the South Americans how they play so well.
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by Vquest(m): 9:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
honeric01:

Yes we do, maybe with the help of FIFA stopping us from firing any coach that qualify us for the worldcup.

A coach who is fit enough to qualify a country to the worldcup is fit enough to lead them to the worldcup.

I have no idea where this great love for Amodu is coming from. The guy is a mediocre coach.
Besides we all know that Nigeria's problem goes beyond coaching.

As for deserving the five spots, I'm almost certain Fifa is going to revisit this whole thing.
There's a good chance the six teams between them will have produced only 1 victory. Embarrassing.
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by Vquest(m): 9:23pm On Jun 19, 2010
otokx:

Shame on Africa; they should go and find out from the South Americans how they play so well.

My guess is, whatever corruption there is in those south American countries they keep it
out of Football. Or, at the very least, football has a limited exposure to it. Can't say the same
about the African countries.
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by naso2(m): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
except if we have atleast 2 teams in the second round , you can bet that Fifa will reduce our slot to 4
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by honeric01(m): 9:49pm On Jun 19, 2010
Vquest:

I have no idea where this great love for Amodu is coming from. The guy is a mediocre coach.
Besides we all know that Nigeria's problem goes beyond coaching.

As for deserving the five spots, I'm almost certain Fifa is going to revisit this whole thing.
There's a good chance the six teams between them will have produced only 1 victory. Embarrassing.

I don't love him, what i hate is the weak excuses that was given in firing him, Blatter even spoke about the way Africans are prone to changing coaches almost when the worldcup is about to start.

How would you know if Amodu would have flopped more than what Largerback is already doing?
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by Ibime(m): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2010
no!
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by jalether(m): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2010
honeric01:

I don't love him, what i hate is the weak excuses that was given in firing him, even Blatter even spoke about the way Africans are prone to changing coaches almost all the time the worldcup is about to start.

How would you know if Amodu would have flopped more than what Largerback is already doing now?

True that. no one can accurately predict how Amodu would have performed at the world cup

to the topic. no, we don't deserve it. it should be given to continents who produce teams that are passionate and have the desire to WIN and

go far beyond the odd group stages or 2nd round
Re: Does The African Continent Deserve 5 Spots At The Next Wc? by mensdept: 4:22am On Jun 20, 2010
Well, in all fairness, Africa and Africans deserve better from their leaders in high and low places, including our FA leaders and players.

I think some teams, like Gabon, Egypt, and Tunisia were a bit unlucky not to be in this tournament-though they probably may have flopped- and those who went in 06, TOGO, ANGOLA, TUNISIA, GHANA, ICOAST, performed better than the 6 of today.

So what does FIFA do? Stop African football development further by reducing our numbers, allowing the same 5/6 spots, or probing/investigating African FA's for corruption?

So as for Africans, we deserve our spots, but not the performances,

Tough call.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News Nigeria Qualified / Brazil Vs Netherlands Live / Glo Caf Awards Of The Year 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.