Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,000 members, 7,922,418 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:07 AM

Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? (600 Views)

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? / Christians Pray To Water Stain 'Shaped Like Virgin Mary' In Colombia / Is It Proper For A Woman To Dress This Way And Preach On God's Alter? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by pweshboi(m): 12:03pm On Aug 05, 2018
As a Christian myself I've always heard and listen to my fellow Christian's, especially while praying or calling on God almighty (YAHWEH) Using the name of pastors, prophets or persons to pray.
To simplify my question I'll give an illustration to what I mean. I've always heard things like " let's call upon the name of the god of <so so so and so> to guide and protect us". Now I believe we've heard prayer lines like this too, I guess we equally know their are good and genuine pastors and men of God so also are fake pastors and prophets.
Without trying to mock anyone or "attacking the person" I'll like to make a point about the popular Yoruba gospel singer TOPE ALABI. Her pastor in the person of late AJANAKU was been popularly praised by her and she even refer to his god as a point of prayer in her music's. When he died it was made known to all that he was a member of the OGBONI cult group, in my own personal opinion I believe she didn't know he was a member but unknowingly she sings praises "innocently" to his god.
I believe in this vain so many pure Christian's do call upon the name of their pastors or a particular person or prophet, so my question is I'll like to know is it proper to call upon the name of God almighty through a person or just call upon the name of God almighty directly.

Lalasticlala
Myndd44

Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by midolian(m): 12:10pm On Aug 05, 2018
Pray to your maker directly. The God of so so so is also your God..but if you are sure they serve a different god and you believe strongly in that god, you can pray in the name of the god of so so so.

What many people fail to know is that you might be a better person than so so so in the 'eyes' of God.
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by thesicilian: 12:14pm On Aug 05, 2018
If the pastor is your Lord and Savior then you can pray in his name.
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by PrincessB1(f): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Direct your supplication to God Almighty alone
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by pweshboi(m): 1:31pm On Aug 05, 2018
Hmmm interesting responses...
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by bisi16(m): 3:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
People wey don dey crais.
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by adontcare(f): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
This is a serious issue with xtians of today. U will hear, the god of papa David ibieomie, oyedepo, Chris oyakilome, adeboye and all d new gods of new churches and ministries to answer dia prayers. I pointed this out to some women while talking about dis same issue. That not all pastors or prophets were called by God. One of such women became aggressive towards me, dat her pastor is a true man of God and she pray by calling on his god to answer her prayers. And if I were not who I was, she will fight me . Na so I kuku shut up
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by orisa37: 6:23pm On Aug 05, 2018
No.
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2018
yes,its proper. many people in d bible prayed DAT way,GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
Re: Is It Proper To Pray To God Almighty In The Name Of A Pastor Or Prophet? by pweshboi(m): 11:06am On Aug 16, 2018
adontcare:
This is a serious issue with xtians of today. U will hear, the god of papa David ibieomie, oyedepo, Chris oyakilome, adeboye and all d new gods of new churches and ministries to answer dia prayers. I pointed this out to some women while talking about dis same issue. That not all pastors or prophets were called by God. One of such women became aggressive towards me, dat her pastor is a true man of God and she pray by calling on his god to answer her prayers. And if I were not who I was, she will fight me . Na so I kuku shut up
I've experienced this too before and I'll have to say the best thing to do is just pity some people's ignorance.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of A Catholic Priest Relaxing With Fulani Herdsmen / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Slams Buhari Administration Indirectly Praises Jonathan / Is Yahweh As Powerful As Humans?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.