Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,878 members, 7,942,197 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP (29175 Views)

Adamawa State APC Chairman Alhaji Ibrahim Bilal Resigns, Defects To PDP / Breaking News! Kwara State Governors Aide Resigns. Defects To APC / Dino Melaye Defects To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by macarson2k(m): 5:18pm On Aug 05, 2018
bender79:
Buhari has his block votes in kano and does not in any way rely on Ganduje.

Not only block vote, what about cement vote?

2 Likes

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

The last thing I will do is to Google about a terrorist like buhari.....imagine.
and therefore you shall remain ignorant and continue fantasizing about a Buhari defeat in 2019 that is statistically improbable. Those who choose to enlighten themselves either strategize because they now know what they are dealing with or prepare for 4 more years.

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

and therefore you shall remain ignorant and continue fantasizing about a Buhari defeat in 2019 that is statistically improbable. Those who choose to enlighten themselves either strategize because they now know what they are dealing with or prepare for 4 more years.

I can't ooo.....googling about buhari is like negotiating with a terrorist online.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I can't ooo.....googling about buhari is like negotiating with a terrorist online.

If you are waging a war you must 1st understand your opponent. Your attitude of deliberate ignorance amd mudslinging can only end in defeat. Winning elections is not about name calling. What didnt they call Buhari in 2015...did he not still win? You want to try the name calling Buhari is a terrorist strategy again in 2019 or you want to understand where his power comes from and where he is weak?

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by uchechenas(m): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2018
That's politics for you in naija

The deputy governor of Kano State, Hafiz Abubakar, on Sunday tendered his resignation amidst crisis with the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje.

Speculations were rife last week that Mr Abubakar had defected from the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, to the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

In the resignation letter dated August 5, 2018 and exclusively obtained by DAILY NIGERIAN, the deputy governor said he had desired to remain in office until the end of their tenure, but chose to resign due to irreconcilable differences with the governor.

“I regret to write and notify you of my decision to resign my position as deputy governor of Kano State with effect from Saturday 4th August, 2018.
Your Excellency, I would have desired to remain up to the end of our tenure in order to fulfill the aspirations and expectations of the good people of Kano State as expressed in their mandate given to our joint ticket in 2015, but with the current and persistent irreconcilable differences on matters relating to governance and government operations, personal opinions, and the concept of, and respect for, democratic ideals and values, it would be unfair to my conscience, to the good people of Kano State and to you as the head of the government to continue to remain in my position as the Deputy Governor of Kano State
Your Excellency would recall several instances I had to draw your attention to the need to understand and appreciate these differences in order to avoid drifting into the kind of unnecessary crisis we are facing today, but to no avail,” the letter read in part.

Recall that on July 30, Mr Abubakar petitioned the police and State Security Service, SSS, over threat to his life and plans by the state government to stage rally against him.

Mr Abubakar, a loyalist of former Governor Rabiu Kwankwaso, has been at loggerheads with the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, for siding with Mr Kwankwaso in the political impasse in the state.

Speaking exclusively with DAILY NIGERIAN on Wednesday night, Mr Abubakar debunked the rumours making round on social media, saying he would take decision at appropriate time.

Mr Abubakar may likely vie for the PDP governorship ticket as he would be, upon defection, the most ranking member in the Kwankwasiyya movement afte
r his godfather, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso.

https://dailynigerian.com/breaking-finally-kano-deputy-governor-hafiz-abubakar-resigns-see-letter/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

[/quote]
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by coolplanet: 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
You are the first person to make a realistic comment.

i have watched the politics in Kano and most northern states for a while

Even kwakwasor only managed to retain Kano for the second time in 2007 by merger 70000 votes with heavy rigging and federal might, but Buhari is a religion in Kano

This your permutation might not work. Do u think Kano people will be dumb to have voted Buhari who is from Katsina if kwakwanso is nominated by Pdp as president. Secondly, do not forget the forces like shakarau, Sanusi and kwankwaso movement. These forces will beat Buhari hands down.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by coolplanet: 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

If you are waging a war you must 1st understand your opponent. Your attitude of deliberate ignorance amd mudslinging can only end in defeat. Winning elections is not about name calling. What didnt they call Buhari in 2015...did he not still win? You want to try the name calling Buhari is a terrorist strategy again in 2019 or you want to understand where his power comes from and where he is weak?

Don't forget that Buhari won because of merger and secondly he is a northerner as well as a Muslim. Abokis don't joke with their own. Jonathan was from the minority region and a Christian too. If pdp decides to use kwankwaso as president, I believe Kano people will think twice before voting Buhari. No 1 he is their son and they will benefit heavily from him. No one will leave his son and vote for a stranger. Secondly, with forces like shakarau, sanusi and kwakwanso then No Story. I believe I have convinced you with this solid points of mine.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by PHILipu1(m): 6:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Becoming more interesting......

No more 1.9 million votes for buhari.
Just like no more million votes for PDP in Akwa Ibom,Anambra,Ekiti,Ondo,Edo etc

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 05, 2018
PHILipu1:

Just like no more million votes for PDP in Akwa Ibom,Anambra,Ekiti,Ondo,Edo etc

Anambra million vote is sacrosanct.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by HelpMySoul: 6:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
TimeManager:
Maybe but he will still win albeit by a low margin. Although, Kwankwaso and Shekarau are a force in Kano but Buhari

is a god
kiss the truth!
why didn't the god win 3 times previously until he was helped by Tinubu and co?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
coolplanet:

Don't forget that Buhari won because of merger and secondly he is a northerner as well as a Muslim. Abokis don't joke with their own. Jonathan was from the minority region and a Christian too. If pdp decides to use kwankwaso as president, I believe Kano people will think twice before voting Buhari. No 1 he is their son and they will benefit heavily from him. No one will leave his son and vote for a stranger. Secondly, with forces like shakarau, sanusi and kwakwanso then No Story. I believe I have convinced you with this solid points of mine.

my friend you are free to beleive what you want and you may be right but please understand the difference between "hope" and "beleive". Beleive usually has a reasonong backing it. Buhari defeated Yaradua and defeated Atiku by a factor or 10 Buhari votes for every 1 Atiku vote in Adamawa, why did Adamawa people vote for a stranger? You may be right, i dont claim to have in depth knowledge of kano politics, what I do know (because these are facts, published figures) is that in every election in kano that he has contested, even when the gov is from a different party, despite federal might, as an opposition candidate, Buhari has always won hands down!! Maybe it will change this time, that is possible but until then if I were to bet I will bet with what is proven. kwakanso's popularity against Buhari has never been tested. I dont doubt kwakanso's popularity in kano but Buhari is still the most popular politician in the North until proven otherwise. You are taken a chance on what has not been proven, i am basing my submission on what has worked 4 times. Like I said to someone earlier to understand the meaning of Sai baba and mai gaskiya is to understand that to the masses in the north buhari is not a human being but a god like spirit. Understand that the people who are doing the voting do not reason like you and I. that is why we educated people always get it wrong and the Dinos, the fayose's the kashamus always get elected in our own backyard...because they understand their people not all this story we are talking and yet we want to be telling the world how people of a differnt orientation should vote. If you are a christian and Jesus is contesting an election against a popular man from your state, who will you vote for...exactly!!!! Some of these everyday reasoning does not work when you are dealing in cult like religious followership.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Iamgrey5(m): 6:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
coolplanet:

This your permutation might not work. Do u think Kano people will be dumb to have voted Buhari who is from Katsina if kwakwanso is nominated by Pdp as president. Secondly, do not forget the forces like shakarau, Sanusi and kwankwaso movement. These forces will beat Buhari hands down.
sanusi has no political prowess yet in Kano

Shakaru supporters are also Buhari's main supporters, which is the reason why PDP did so badly in Kano in the last election.

Kwakwasor movement is not up to 300t people in Kano

Hausa don't vote like you think, they vote for the most respected regardless Of local affiliations.

Hence, their block votes have remained relevant for whosoever is able to get it for years in Nigerian politics.

2 Likes

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by coolplanet: 6:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

my friend you are free to beleive what you want and you may be right but please understand the difference between "hope" and "beleive". Beleive usually has a reasonong backing it. Buhari defeated Yaradua and defeated Atiku by a factor or 10 Buhari votes for every 1 Atiku vote in Adamawa, why did Adamawa people vote for a stranger? You may be right, i dont claim to have in depth knowledge of kano politics, what I do know (because these are facts, published figures) is that in every election in kano that he has contested, even when the gov is from a different party, despite federal might, as an opposition candidate, Buhari has always won hands down!! Maybe it will change this time, that is possible but until then if I were to bet I will bet with what is proven. kwakanso's popularity against Buhari has never been tested. I dont doubt kwakanso's popularity in kano but Buhari is still the most popular politician in the North until proven otherwise. You are taken a chance on what has not been proven, i am basing my submission on what has worked 4 times. Like I said to someone earlier to understand the meaning of Sai baba and mai gaskiya is to understand that to the masses in the north buhari is not a human being but a god like spirit. Understand that the people who are doing the voting do not reason like you and I.

If you choose between facts and probability. During Jonathan regime. He was meant to win due to federal might or rigging but thinks turn out differently. Atiku is not a core northerner and he is from a minority state. He is not an hardened Muslim. Anyway 2019 is close. All I know is that I can't vote a stranger to the detriment of my son
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2018
TimeManager:

Buhari is a god. No Emir can upturn his supremacy any where in the core North.

kiss the truth!
Kano 2011 Governorship election he got 7.5% while at the Presidential, Kwakwanso supported him against Shekarau.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
sanusi has no political prowess yet in Kano

Shakaru supporters are also Buhari's main supporters, which is the reason why PDP did so badly in Kano in the last election.

Kwakwasor movement is not up to 300t people in Kano

Hausa don't vote like you think, they vote for the most respected regardless Of local affiliations.

Hence, their block votes have remained relevant for whosoever is able to get it for years in Nigerian politics.
Go and check Kano 2011 governorship election result.

Thank you.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
coolplanet:

If you choose between facts and probability. During Jonathan regime. He was meant to win due to federal might or rigging but thinks turn out differently. Atiku is not a core northerner and he is from a minority state. He is not an hardened Muslim. Anyway 2019 is close. All I know is that I can't vote a stranger to the detriment of my son

When he wins remember someone on nairaland told you so and maybe then you will begin to understand that you only have 1 vote so your way of thinking does not matter. What matters is what and how the multitude think because they outnumber you 10 to 1.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by MrBONE2(m): 6:42pm On Aug 05, 2018
bender79:
Buhari has his block votes in kano and does not in any way rely on Ganduje.

Noted grin

BaBu Till 2123 grin
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Iamgrey5(m): 6:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Thank you.
lol

Have you checked the presidential results

PDP came a distance third to CPC

It was only in the local elections that both kwakwasor and Shakaru's man ANNP shared Buhari's Supporters, by then Buhari had abandoned ANNP

Kwakwasor won by only 70000

Look at the results very well bro

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Thank you.

I have been saying that Kano dont vote the same way for Gov and president so long as Buhari is involved

this is Kano presidential election result for 2011
PDP CPC ACN ANPP

KANO 440,666 1,624,543 42,353 526,310
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 6:50pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
lol

Have you checked the presidential results

PDP came a distance third to CPC

It was only in the local elections that both kwakwasor and Shakaru's man ANNP shared Buhari's Supporters, by then Buhari had abandoned ANNP

Kwakwasor won by only 70000

Look at the results very well bro
Buhari was beaten blue-black during the governorship. He gained a pitiable 7.5%.

During the Presidential, Kwankwaso supported Buhari Shekarau. The Northern Elders Forum adopted Bihari as concensus candidate for the Presidential.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Buhari was beaten blue-black during the governorship. He gained a pitiable 7.5%.

During the Presidential, Kwankwaso supported Buhari Shekarau. The Northern Elders Forum adopted Bihari as concensus candidate for the Presidential.

My friend speak English, how can Buhari be defeated in an election he did not contest? Do you not understand our English? What we are saying is kano gov can go one way or another depending on who is contesting but in every election Buhari contests for president, he always wins kano by a landslide.

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Iamgrey5(m): 6:55pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

CPC had no local structures

They only relied on Buhari and they fielded a candidate that was not popular, so ANNP and PDP shared Buhari's supporters

You are high on something cheap, Kwakwasor didn't support Buhari in 2011

1 Like

Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by coolplanet: 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

When he wins remember someone on nairaland told you so and maybe then you will begin to understand that you only have 1 vote so your way of thinking does not matter. What matters is what and how the multitude think because they outnumber you 10 to 1.

This is just a common sense. How do u vote out your son for a stranger. If that is done then Kano is a sorry case. I will tell you that the forces will mobilise for their son. Buhari won the highest Vote becos the contender was from the south and a Christian. At worst which might not happen is share of vote from the state. Before u quote me, I am a Yoruba man and never a partisan. Just making common sense. I am an analyst.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by DonCortino: 7:05pm On Aug 05, 2018
wen will osy resign? grin
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
CPC had no local structures

They only relied on Buhari and they fielded a candidate that was not popular, so ANNP and PDP shared Buhari's supporters

You are high on something cheap, Kwakwasor didn't support Buhari in 2011
Are you kidding me?
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by coolplanet: 7:19pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

my friend you are free to beleive what you want and you may be right but please understand the difference between "hope" and "beleive". Beleive usually has a reasonong backing it. Buhari defeated Yaradua and defeated Atiku by a factor or 10 Buhari votes for every 1 Atiku vote in Adamawa, why did Adamawa people vote for a stranger? You may be right, i dont claim to have in depth knowledge of kano politics, what I do know (because these are facts, published figures) is that in every election in kano that he has contested, even when the gov is from a different party, despite federal might, as an opposition candidate, Buhari has always won hands down!! Maybe it will change this time, that is possible but until then if I were to bet I will bet with what is proven. kwakanso's popularity against Buhari has never been tested. I dont doubt kwakanso's popularity in kano but Buhari is still the most popular politician in the North until proven otherwise. You are taken a chance on what has not been proven, i am basing my submission on what has worked 4 times. Like I said to someone earlier to understand the meaning of Sai baba and mai gaskiya is to understand that to the masses in the north buhari is not a human being but a god like spirit. Understand that the people who are doing the voting do not reason like you and I. that is why we educated people always get it wrong and the Dinos, the fayose's the kashamus always get elected in our own backyard...because they understand their people not all this story we are talking and yet we want to be telling the world how people of a differnt orientation should vote. If you are a christian and Jesus is contesting an election against a popular man from your state, who will you vote for...exactly!!!! Some of these everyday reasoning does not work when you are dealing in cult like religious followership.

You are free to quote on anything but let's leave Jesus out of this. Thanks
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Iamgrey5(m): 7:20pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Are you kidding me?
Show me a newspaper article

I have been following politics in Nigeria for a while

If it wasn't for kwankwaso most loyal supporters, Jonathan wouldn't have gotten up to 50000 votes in Kano not to talk of 400000 votes.

Never!
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by godox2(m): 7:25pm On Aug 05, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Becoming more interesting......

No more 1.9 million votes for buhari.

Trust me Buhari no get match for North West, except Ahmadu Bello
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 05, 2018
coolplanet:

You are free to quote on anything but let's leave Jesus out of this. Thanks

you have just proven my point, once you hear your religious leader you are unwilling to entertain any discussion, your brain shuts down, same with buhari's followers. The same way you said leave Jesus out of this is the same way the northern masses will shut down the brain at anything anti-buhari. Now you understand why you cannot use your own thought process to predict the action of someone who does not think like you especially when dealing with a religious, spiritual or cult leader.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2018
Iamgrey5:
Show me a newspaper article

I have been following politics in Nigeria for a while

If it wasn't for kwankwaso most loyal supporters, Jonathan wouldn't have gotten up to 50000 votes in Kano not to talk of 400000 votes.

Never!
Deceive yourself.

Do you know how many Igbos that are in Kano? Have you been to No Man's Land, Kano before? Even almajiris can't try their carelessness there.

Kwankwanso and the entire Northern establishment supported Buhari as sole candidate in 2011.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by OfficialAPCNig: 7:38pm On Aug 05, 2018
geometricaxis:

My friend speak English, how can Buhari be defeated in an election he did not contest? Do you not understand our English? What we are saying is kano gov can go one way or another depending on who is contesting but in every election Buhari contests for president, he always wins kano by a landslide.
But Shekarau's boy Takai came 2nd losing to Kwankwanso with only 68k votes. So why didn't Buhari replicate the same for Lawan his boy?

Watch what would happen when Kwankwanso and Shekarau visits Kano together soon.
Re: Kano State Deputy Governor Resigns, defects to PDP by Iamgrey5(m): 7:40pm On Aug 05, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

Deceive yourself.

Do you know how many Igbos that are in Kano? Have you been to No Man's Land, Kano before? Even almajiris can't try their carelessness there.

Kwankwanso and the entire Northern establishment supported Buhari as sole candidate in 2011.
So the supposed 400000+ Igbos in Kano couldn't vote for him 2015, you are a joke bro cheesy

Kwakwasor supported Jonathan in 2011 With hope he might be given the chance to contest for PDP presidential ticket in 2015

it is an open secret.

Why did you think Kwakwasor defected into APC to begin with?

Why did you think he is going back to PDP now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Bagudu: "Chimamanda Adichie, Hillary Clinton And Abeng Blessing" / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) / 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.