Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,775 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:37 AM

If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan (815 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet: Shocker Awaits APC Godfathers - Tribuneonline / Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 / Buhari, Obj And Danjuma Are Biafra War Criminals. Where Is Amnasty Report? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by ucysiz(m): 3:42am On Jun 21, 2010
During the president media chat with journalist last night, the president answered a lot of questions and cleverly avoided many others. On whether he has a cabal or not he said this;

I have no cabal, kitchen cabinet
The President denied ever having any cabal or kitchen cabinet. “I have no cabal and I don’t also believe in any cabal. I have no kitchen cabinet, as I do not believe in kitchen cabinet. Any great leader can advise me on the right steps to take. The concept of kitchen cabinet is not my ideology. Before it was even changed to cabal. That gives it a negative connotation. I don’t believe in that. I don’t also believe in godfatherism because it has negative effects on the economy.
I don’t have godfathers, but I have elders who offer advice and who I respect. If people say Olusegun Obasanjo and T.Y Danjuma are godfathers, it is ok.”

source http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/21/national-21-06-2010-001.htm

How do you view the above statement from our president, do you think he has a Godfather?
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by ucysiz(m): 4:12am On Jun 21, 2010
What are your opinions nairalanders
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 4:21am On Jun 21, 2010
I had the opportunity to watch the live broadcast. Believe me, he only said that due to way the question was asked. He laid more emphasis condeming godfatherism. "I don't have a god-father but I respect elders", said Mr President. So I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 4:22am On Jun 21, 2010
I had the opportunity to watch the live broadcast. Believe me, he only said that due to the way the question was asked. He laid more emphasis condeming godfatherism. "I don't have a god-father but I respect elders", said Mr President. So I see nothing wrong with that.
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by ucysiz(m): 8:49am On Jun 21, 2010
Acidosis:

I had the opportunity to watch the live broadcast. Believe me, he only said that due to the way the question was asked. He laid more emphasis condeming godfatherism. "I don't have a god-father but I respect elders", said Mr President. So I see nothing wrong with that.

But it is a well known fact that Obasanjo exerts much influence on the jonathan administration, it can be seen everywhere.
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2010
the President is right
the godfathers are the electorates not somebody with an over-bloated ego,getting fat on Nigerian money
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by OAM4J: 2:49pm On Jun 21, 2010
The first thing to do is to define a Godfather. Who is a Godfather? then we know if Obj and Danjuma fit into that definition.
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by ucysiz(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
OAM4J:

The first thing to do is to define a Godfather. Who is a Godfather? then we know if Obj and Danjuma fit into that definition.

In the Nigerian context a Godfather is seen as man or woman that influences the election or selection of a political office holder. That is my own narrow definition.
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by PROJECT: 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
ucysiz,then who are the lobbyist
Re: If People Say Obasanjo And T.y. Danjuma Are Godfathers It Is Okay, Jonathan by ucysiz(m): 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
PROJECT:

ucysiz,then who are the lobbyist

The usual folks of course, you know political lobbying is a big industry in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Ibb Gets Into Santa Claus' Head In His Own Commercial / The Truth About The Motion For Nigeria’s Independence. / Bomb Threat In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.