Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,525 members, 7,971,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 08:02 PM

Dependant Visa Uk (student) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dependant Visa Uk (student) (13235 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Dependant Visa Application In The UK / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 12:04am On Apr 04, 2007
My take;

1. Unless you are a money launderer or involved in other types of criminality, I can't see why the source of your funding should be a problem.
2. True, this is a possibility but I doubt an ECO would consider it unreasonable for a man and wife to want to be together.
3.By a strict interpretation of the rules she would not be permitted to work as you pointed out.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 3:48pm On Apr 04, 2007
@VOR
Not really,just using a statement of about £1,500-£2,000 balance.

Money laundering

Habaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by inspiredm(m): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2007
I have cautiously read all the posts and views of nairalanders on this issue and I wish to Categorically state my opinions as related to the Topic :

The Documents you need as as follows

Marriage Certificate

Photo shots of Yourself and your spouse (applicant)

Your Visa page

Your School Identity Card

Letter from your Departmant that you have up to 85% attendance in School

Letter from the School that you’re a Bonafide registered Student

Your Payslips ( from your Limited hours of Job only )

Your Tenancy Agreement as prove of accommodation

Your Utility Bills to reflect same address

3 months Bank Statements ( Balance not more than 5,000 GBP ) advisable.

Letter of Invitation from you to your spouse requesting a dependant visa to live with you while you complete your program in the UK

It doesn’t matter if you are inviting your wife 2 weeks to the expiration of your visa, or otherwise, you have to prove through those documents that she intends to leave as soon as your Studies are completed.

Its not as complicated as some people have poised it to be on this thread, You have an 80% chance of success if you provide the necessary genuine documents.

The ECO may not inquire to know your origin of funds ( Except otherwise ), because you have the rights to take up employment which might ultimately be your source.

Most Importantly, the crucial factor is to convince the ECO that you are legitimately married to the applicant, and that you can accommodate and take care of her whilst in the UK.

Finally she would be invited for an Interview after the documents must have been perused, the interview is a formality of some sort and just to make sure she is available and the circumstances are genuine.

I wish you the best of luck
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by vikiviko(m): 5:49pm On Apr 05, 2007
The Interview to be conducted is not a formality as said by Inspire.
I t will ultimately determine the divide.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by bigbumper(f): 10:46pm On Apr 05, 2007
VOR:

You are simply attempting to create confusion where none really exists.

Nope, my posts were not intended to cause any confusion whatsoever. OP should at least be a bit contrite instead of replying people who were only trying to help in an uncouth manner.

In what way are English and loverbwoy right. . .

For as long as  his second post reads thus "not processing visiting visa, need dependent visa. . . ", I reiterate English1 and Loverbwoy's response were spot on. 

I interjected, as you described, at the earliest opportunity to clarify that
he cannot apply for his wife to come to the UK from inside the country.I
cannot remember him making this point anywhere else other than at post 43.

Glad you said it yourself, was only trying to put it in a nice way that he knew that already.

You perhaps need to think out louder. What I and Mr Pataki said were
different . . .

Comparison was solely based on what you said the ECO'S conclusion could be, never said you were saying the same thing, hence the flipping things on it's head remark I made.

All I have done here is to try to give Dada the best advice possible . . .

Hence the reason why I said you had the patience of a saint. It is a complement, "and a heart of gold" is the unspoken phrase that always accompanies it you know. It's just that words when left unspoken often carry more weight.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by VOR(m): 9:14pm On Apr 06, 2007
@BIG BUMPER

I suppose we will just have to agree to disagree on our interpretation
other than that I have the patience of a saint and a heart of gold. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by bigbumper(f): 11:28pm On Apr 08, 2007
Subtlety is not your strongpoint I guess tongue tongue tongue

Nice to meet you though cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 12:51am On Apr 28, 2007
I have applied for the dependant visa for Mrs Dada.
Now i have a cousin who just got married in Nigeria ealry this month,he is a student here in uk,now can he apply for his wife to come over soon.Hope no problem as regards this considering the fact that he just got married,he has been very curious to kmnow if its ok for him to apply now.

Dada
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by omojeje: 12:30am On May 25, 2007
@showbaby
did you visit this thread when applying,i think it was quite helpful
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by shobaby(f): 12:57am On May 25, 2007
@ omojeje
i did.and this helped me alot. helped me in packaging my visa.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by Akolawole(m): 1:18am On May 25, 2007
dada77:

I have applied for the dependant visa for Mrs Dada.
Now i have a cousin who just got married in Nigeria ealry this month,he is a student here in uk,now can he apply for his wife to come over soon.Hope no problem as regards this considering the fact that he just got married,he has been very curious to kmnow if its ok for him to apply now.

I think it will be better if you tell us a little bit of circumstances.

Student dependant is different form student dependant!

Circumstances are different.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by dada77: 1:31am On May 25, 2007
@akolawole
I mean is it fine to get married assuming the 10th of may,2007 and then apply for a dependant student visa for your wife about 4 to 5 days after your marriage immediately.

Then what is d most important thing in applying for this type of visa?

Thanx
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by mystikal(m): 2:39am On May 25, 2007
hey people, just got admission in university of greenwich,london for my masters prog so that means i get a visa urgently,
what would i need 2 have available b4 going 2 the embassy, thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by daprince: 11:41pm On Jul 18, 2007
First, I wonder why y'all are bothering ur heads with some DUMB PUNK. He doesn't show any form of reasoning to prove that he's an undergrad, moreso a postgrad student. What in the world did English1 and Loverbwoy say that differred from the advice that MrPat and VOR gave? How can u bring somebody to a foreign country if u don't have the legal or financial status to support them? Dude, I wonder what college or University u are getting ur degree from. I wonder how u are gonna do ur thesis. Urs is a case of complete ignorance coupled with stinking dumbness and arrogance. I'm coming on strong on u like this cuz of the way u responded to English1 and Loverbwoy's responses (u were just completely rude and clueless). It's the exact same thing that they said to u initially that MrPat and VOR painted in some other light. Dude, u need a lot of studying and enlightenment.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by marciojb: 2:10pm On Dec 04, 2007
I am in the UK with a volunteer work visa that expire in Feb/2008.

I'm marrying here in Scotland, an australian with student visa.

Can I apply for a dependant student visa HERE? Since, she doesn't have any dependant in her visa?

What am I supposed to do? I would really appreciate some help.

Thank you.
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 04, 2011
@Dada , VOR ,Pataki and all other good people, I need your advise as well.
I have read all thru the post and my case is slightly different, also considering the date of the previous post (2009), I feel things would have changed as per requirments.
I want to apply as well for a dependant visa from Nigeria, as My wife is an MSc student in the UK.
Please what documents do I need to get from here and what documents is rquired of her.

I intend to sponsor all this, Expecting responses please.

Dada , u dint share the outcome? Was it a success.

Thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Uk (student) by Lexyp(m): 12:00am On Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone,
I and my spouse did a settlement visa and we were refused ,but its stated in the refusal email that we can appeal.
And cause of the refusal says they aren't okay with third party sponsor,we just had our baby so my partner can't go back to work yet.Her God mother did agreed to stand as sponsor,but we were refused ,i want to ask what are our chances if we appeal ,thanks
Reason for refusal below.

I note that you have provided letters from friends who have confirmed that they will financially support you and your sponsor in the UK. However, I am not satisfied that you are receiving one of the existing sources of third party support listed in Paragraph 1(b)(i)- (iv) of Appendix FM-SE. Therefore, you cannot rely on third party support to meet the financial requirements of Appendix FM and any prospective financial support you have available to you in the UK cannot be taken into account.
I note that you have provided Access bank statement in your name which show minimum funds of 9,687,953.72 NGN (£16,402.60) held for 6 months prior to the date of your application. However, this is not sufficient to meet the financial requirements. I therefore refuse your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. (E-ECP.3.1)

Please kindly let us know your take on this thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Lifts Ban On Emirates Airline After 10 Months / Dependant Visa Application In The UK / 3 Killed In Multiple Accidents On Abuja-Nyanya Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.