Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,304 members, 7,943,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:59 PM

Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here (1815 Views)

Do You Still Use Facebook? Share Your Thoughts! / Please Anyone With VPS Experience Here? I Need Help / TSTV WIFI, Update Your User Experience Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by henryobinna(m): 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
3html:

Those are authoritative sites that lost out

Source: moz
even Google's very own Play store lost out too
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by RemedyLab: 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2018
I may have to sell this domain any time soon
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2018
RemedyLab:
Isn't that too rash and rather too soon to give up? Was hit in 2014, lasted to 2016 when I almost sold blog, but now I'm thanking God for the grace to have held on! Having the best time ever in revenue via sponsored posts.
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by 3html: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
RemedyLab:

cheesy So many new blogs will now be flooded online mostly on those flipping sites.

To recover from Google update no easy oh....but it's possible
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by 3html: 8:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
questechie:

Isn't that too rash and rather too soon to give up? Was hit in 2014, lasted to 2016 when I almost sold blog, but now I'm thanking God for the grace to have held on! Having the best time ever in revenue via sponsored posts.

Brothers it seems ur site was hit with MAY update
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2018
3html:

Brothers it seems ur site was hit with MAY update
Wasn't any Google algo hit! I guess you saw the Alexa graph, I actually bought fake Alexa rank booster, so after expiring it falls back. grin
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 11, 2018
questechie:

Wasn't any Google algo hit! I guess you saw the Alexa graph, I actually bought fake Alexa rank booster, so after expiring it falls back. grin
Just to prove to a client that Alexa ranking is flawed, I climbed to 200k within a month, the ranking is hugely flawed!
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
See below stats!

Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by RemedyLab: 10:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
questechie:

Thanks for the words of hope...I'll try and monitor how things unfold
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2018
3html:

cheesy So many new blogs will now be flooded online mostly on those flipping sites.

To recover from Google update no easy oh....but it's possible
grin
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by 3html: 5:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
RemedyLab:

Thanks for the words of hope...I'll try and monitor how things unfold

I found this helpful

https://www.mariehaynes.com/the-august-1-2018-google-update-strongly-affected-ymyl-sites/
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2018
3html:

I found this helpful

https://www.mariehaynes.com/the-august-1-2018-google-update-strongly-affected-ymyl-sites/
I've glanced through it. And perhaps, that might be helpful to those affected by the update.
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Silvermoney: 11:23pm On Aug 18, 2018
It just dawned on me that this Google update penalised lengthy posts and Yoast-compliant high keyword density, which Google now probably sees as spammy. The conventional wisdom of 'long posts (2k+) tend to rank' is now doubtful.

The update is all about quality content. But unlike before now when post length was seen as an indicator of content quality.

1 Like

Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by lastbaff(m): 6:38am On Sep 29, 2018
questechie:

How did you recover bro? What did you do?
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 29, 2018
lastbaff:

How did you recover bro? What did you do?
I figured some affiliate posts I made numbering up to 100 posts containing ebooks were deemed copyright infringement by Google so affected my site with some other technical issues associated with structured data.

I deleted over 100s of such posts and changed to a theme with better structured data implementation.

That's it! cool
Re: Google August Big Update : Share Your Experience Here by lastbaff(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
questechie:

I figured some affiliate posts I made numbering up to 100 posts containing ebooks were deemed copyright infringement by Google so affected my site with some other technical issues associated with structured data.

I deleted over 100s of such posts and changed to a theme with better structured data implementation.

That's it! cool
Great.

I'll send you a message on WhatsApp.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter Naira: Tweet And Make N2000 In Nigeria / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! / Bloggers Get Minimum Of 5k Daily Views No Stories- 100% Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.