Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 02:36 AM

Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE (5961 Views)

Nigeria’s Non-oil Sector Weakens As GDP Expands By 1.87% In Q1 2020 / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened / With Each Giant Stride, Segun Adebutu’s Petrolex Is Reshaping The Oil Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by Amberon11: 8:47am On Aug 08, 2018
Oga , how does anambra have the largest gas reserve in Nigeria? You people make me laugh. Well anything to massage your ego.

Look I said oil can be refined into other very essential commodities and yes that is very correct so even if electric cars saturate the market the crude oil can be refined into other things apart from fuel.

Dude get understanding. The future you speak of must be 2000 years to come because gas is very highly important and it will continue to be for a long long time.
horsepower101:

No problem but I never mentioned any groups in particular. Anambra alone has the largest proven gas reserves in Nigeria but you won’t see me dancing about it. I care more that the state continues to diversify its economy for the rainy day.

No real life nation builds its future on natural resources. There are existing technologies that will disrupt so many natural resource based economies.

Even if the use of oil continues, it’s demand will significantly diminish which will affect its price in the global market.

As for gas, just pray that there is a delay in the development of lasting batteries for energy storage. Once that barrier is broken which I suspect that it will, The demand for gas on the international market will also crash.

In the future, most houses will get their energy from the sun and store excess in batteries for night time use.

Most cars will be electric and it will be recharged with energy produced free from the sun.

Continue hoping on Gas. You will be very disappointed with what’s coming.
Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by horsepower101: 8:50am On Aug 08, 2018
majekdom2:
Do we need any soothsayer to tell us oil is gone. Data is the new oil, the new gold. It is everywhere. Whoever and whatever institution that can make meaning out of it will be smiling to the bank. Isn't it obvious we don't have visionary leaders. Countries are investing in data related technology. IoT, blockchain, crypto, AR, VR and loads but we are still talking oil. The slump in oil price made many individuals loose interest in oil. This last slump hit us bad. Maybe if the price gets to a 100 dollars, it will look attractive sad

In the 21st century, Human Resources is the most valuable commodity a nation can have. I am sorry for those with 18th century mentality.

Apple just became a trillion dollar company. The first ever in human history. All done with Human Resources.

1 Like

Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by Horus(m): 8:51am On Aug 08, 2018
Electric vehicles become cheaper every year, and with time, what impact will it have on oil-dependent economies like Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by Positivepoint(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2018
Donald95:
But brain dead president thought that diversifying economy is only investing into Agriculture because he wants to make his Alamajiri brothers Rich.

He doesn't understand that building economy involves Having much working Manufacturing and Processing industries and also having a finance minister with a functional innovative brain backed up by his positive policies that will allow Industries import raw materials at a favorable tax rate chikina

and u think the mambila hydro project, railway systems, dry ports, inland ports, access roads expansion and reconstruction, ease of business policy, investement protection, shoring up our foreign reserve & blocking of revenue leakage are not key to setting up and industry based economy. Bros if only u will remove the tribal and religious sentiments from ur eyes u will clearly see why the gangup against these govt by mostly people that re not comfortable that nigeria might finally be rescued. yes u will talk about the killings the question is WHY make it religious & ethic when it involves minority tribes of the north but under report the killings in niger, zamfara sokoto etc as mere bandits attack.

1 Like

Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by mbfarmer(m): 9:39am On Aug 08, 2018
wink2015:
THE BUHARI PRESIDENCY STILL BELIEVE STRONGLY IN AN OIL AND GAS BASED ECONOMY.

The government pay lip service to Agriculture and Solid mineral.

It is only when Agriculture is encourage in Nigeria that we can have a secured future.
We can survive on agriculture. I make a lot from it...so I can survive even without oil
Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by BiafraIShere(m): 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2018
OhiOfIhima:

North starved.. You are a joker... If northerners decided to stop Patronize both East n West for a whole one Month, hunger go strick una flatii head n west cone head to oval n pyramid respectively. Ajaokuta n Itakpe steel n mining is huge enough to contribute to Nigeria economy if revert more than what d Nigeria oil does.
Ignorance at its peak shocked What is your purchasing power? What are you patronizing before when your poverty rates are hovering at over 90% tongue tongue Which Ajaokuta steel? The same wasteland and jungle it has remained ever since? I hope you know that the north will be the worlds poorest country once we break up tongue tongue I always shiver whenever I try to imagine what your future will be, because with or without Nigeria the north is doomed going forward, its just that the South is masking your sorry state at the moment when everything is lumped together.
Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by OhiOfIhima: 1:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Ignorance at its peak shocked What is your purchasing power? What are you patronizing before when your poverty rates are hovering at over 90% tongue tongue Which Ajaokuta steel? The same wasteland and jungle it has remained ever since? I hope you know that the north will be the worlds poorest country once we break up tongue tongue I always shiver whenever I try to imagine what your future will be, because with or without Nigeria the north is doomed going forward, its just that the South is masking your sorry state at the moment when everything is lumped together.

I can see how pain u are.. Just continue nurture ur so called Agitation for a century to come unrealised segregation. Enemy of the nation.
Re: Oil Sector Fast Losing Attraction, Says SPE by Homeyfav: 11:49am On Feb 25, 2019
Experts – Much Reliance On Oil & Gas Sector Is Controlling The Economy
https://www.dieselsupplier.ng/reliance-oil-gas-sector-controlling-economy/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Car Tracking Story: How I recovered my stolen vehicle... / What Are The Steps To Close A Nigeria Bank Account? / How Can Someone Cash A Check From Overseas Here In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.