Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,227 members, 7,919,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:25 PM

Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls (910 Views)

Pls I Nid Advice Am Owed By Uniport For 2yrs Now What Do I Do Next / Is This Right? He Bathes With His 2yrs Old Daughter. / No Visit, No Caring For My Baby For 2yrs + (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by Confilass: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2010
My son is 2yrs. He's in pre-nursery. He speaks very well, recite the nursery rhymes and if u fail to speak English well he will let u know it is not like dat and correct u. He's intelligent.

The only issue I've now is he still finds it difficult to write one(1). He can counts from one(1) to ten(10), do the A for apple etc. Pls what else can I do? 've tried by holding his hand severally.

I am concern because without writing he might not be allow to enter Nursery 1.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by mamamia2: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2010
For goodness sake, he is NOT old enough to write yet not to talk of entering nursery 1, That explains why he is not willing to write yet, in most good schools, he is only qualified to be in play school where they are only encouraged to scribble IF they wish too with fat crayons because their age possess the psycho motor skills for only that.

Please dont stress the smart boy and confuse him. Let him write when he wants or is ready to.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by HC: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2010
No need to rush the kid. I have a 3 and half year old boy who is learning his alphabets and basic numbers; he cant write yet.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by bigfather(m): 1:58pm On Jun 21, 2010
Na wa for you o bros ! One step at a time pleaseeeee ! undecided

mama_mia:

For goodness sake, he is NOT old enough to write yet not to talk of entering nursery 1, That explains why he is not willing to write yet, in most good schools, he is only qualified to be in play school where they are only encouraged to scribble IF they wish too with fat crayons because their age possess the psycho motor skills for only that.

Please dont stress the smart boy and confuse him. Let him write when he wants or is ready to.

Please tell him abeg !
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by mamamia2: 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2010
Its all about peer pressure wink even for us as parents, we tend to succumb to what others are saying abt their own kids but really we DO need to learn abt being parents. Pls see www.nigerianparentsforum.com for more info
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by Confilass: 5:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
Thanks a million.

I appreciate ur reply. He's my first baby. He's very brilliant.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2010
Where are you rushing to Allow this baby to move step-by-step. When the time comes he will get there ok
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by daddee: 10:11am On Jun 22, 2010
Like others have said, allow the boy to grow at the pace God wants him. Life is in stages, before you know it he'll be writing you short poems.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by seasonedmom: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2010
Confilass:

Thanks a million.

I appreciate your reply. He's my first baby. He's very brilliant.

Lol, no wonder, 1st kids have a way of running us ragged with all kinds of worry Confilass. By kid number 2, you wont even notice when he begins to talk sef! We expect so much of our 1st born kids and its no wonder they grow up with a complex more often than not. My 1st born was a young 'old' boy when he was only 4. Most people would remark that he is so matured!

Take it easy on the bright chap jare!
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by peacettw: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2010
My baby just turned 2 n she is yet to do one-tenth of what ur son can do. Sure i hear other moms remark dt their 2 year olds are part of the team that is building the current space ship, I just don't let dt get to me. Just like i'm refusing to let ur post get to me.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by bece: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2010
You are right @ seasoned mom. My 1st started reading at age 5 but his younger sis cant even write 1 to 5 at age 4.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by seasonedmom: 12:17pm On Jun 22, 2010
peacettw:

My baby just turned 2 n she is yet to do one-tenth of what your son can do. Sure i hear other moms remark dt their 2 year olds are part of the team that is building the current space ship, I just don't let dt get to me. Just like i'm refusing to let your post get to me.

Way to go peacettw! just the correct attitude! they will all learn how to talk, walk and read eventually anyway and there is no record keeping of how early you did this or that at the end of the race so all this pressure and stress parents give themselves and transfer to their kids is so totally needless. Most important is if your kid is a normal and happy,healthy and well balanced one.

Current space ship builders watch out for burnt out syndrome o!lol grin cheesy wink
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by peacettw: 8:22am On Jun 23, 2010
Lol
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by mamamia2: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2010
seasoned_mom:

Way to go peacettw! just the correct attitude! they will all learn how to talk, walk and read eventually anyway and there is no record keeping of how early you did this or that at the end of the race so all this pressure and stress parents give themselves and transfer to their kids is so totally needless. Most important is if your kid is a normal and happy,healthy and well balanced one.

Current space ship builders watch out for burnt out syndrome o!lol grin cheesy wink

Indeed, there is the real issue of getting kids to do what they should do at the right time, push them before the right time and when they should really be studious, they balk because they have become bored with the whole thing. That explains why most of the 'overachievers' I have come across, child prodigies revert to childhood antics when they are supposed to be responsible.
Parents beware of this danger when trying to live up to the Joneses.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by caplox: 10:56am On Jun 24, 2010
Is the boy going to Cambridge?

My sister relax.
But as a parent, I would recommend this site www.childcarebay..com for more information about child reading habits, writing skills and lots more.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by smartmom(f): 11:02am On Jun 24, 2010
Well, even if he is going to Cambridge, he still has to learn the right steps at the right TIME.Teaching our kids to read is a useful skill but no need to push them before time. A good site for advice on encouraging the reading culture is;

http://www.nigerianparentsforum.com/index.php/topic,11.0.html
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by Confilass: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2010

My sister relax.
But as a parent, I would recommend this site www.childcarebay..com for more information about child reading habits, writing skills and lots more.

This is a wonderful site that ppl cares. Thx, after the 1st advise I was relax. When I read more it makes me laugh and smile the more. LUV U ALL
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by mamamia2: 1:24pm On Jun 24, 2010
Confilass:

My sister relax.

This is a wonderful site that ppl cares. Thx, after the 1st advise I was relax. When I read more it makes me laugh and smile the more. LUV U ALL

Glad to hear you found the rest of mind we all recommended. Parenting is a very important job and should be taken with all seriousness too. We must equip ourselves and not just rely on the default position of just flowing along with the tide. Study what it means to be a successful parent. The child will succeed us and whatever we plant in them, we reap in the future. What we write on them is indelible and so we cant afford to be careless with our 'scripting' on their little precious lives.

I checked out the forum www.nigerianparentsforum.com and it was really insightful too.

Take care.
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by nixe: 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2010
Thanks in a million caplox, I checked out the site www.childcarebay..com It was very informative. For two years old, developing their speech is quite important.

Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by Outstrip(f): 4:46am On Jul 01, 2010
LOL. You are bored. Find something else to do. My baby just turned three and is only now writing. Pleas leave that child alone. Your behavior might even cause him to feel like he is not meeting expectations
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by chi21: 5:31am On Aug 18, 2010
i know some kids at 3 the can write and read some words but for 2 years baby no i dont like it  angry you can teach him colors and his ABC,  cheesy
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by invisible2(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2010
She is only 5+. Born around Oct. 2004. My sister's daughter reads and writes and finds all quotations in the bible without help. She reads words very clear and struggles with only a few pronounciations. She was the best graduating pupil in a school of hundreds. She just finished nursery and is set to enter primary one. Is this speed not to much for her health?
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by goodbobo: 11:48am On Aug 18, 2010
it is not how far but how well . one of the greatest scientist that ever walked the surface of the earth ( I think it was Newton ) started very very late . He couldnt do anything well at his tender age . So do not ever compare ur babies when they are still babies and do not rush them in school . ( this days u hear an 18 year old graduate ) . U will started noticing a childs potential well from like 6 to 7 .
Re: Writing Skill Or Techn. For 2yrs Old Boy Help Pls by mutter(f): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2010
And Albert Einstein was a total dunce in School

(1) (Reply)

When Someone Asks You What Your Sisters Said About Her? / How To Organize An Affordable Wedding / Why Do Most Wives In Recent Times Destroy Their Homes Over Money Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.