Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,810 members, 7,889,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years (1438 Views)

Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by damiloladuke: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2018
A lady has taken to twitter to inform her followers about the unexpected kind gesture of her landlord and his wife. They have just decided to let her live in their house rent-free for the next three years.

The lady mentioned in her post that the man wants her to have enough savings so she could build her own house too in a very short time.

Read her tweets.

Guys, my landlord (and lady) have asked me to stop paying rent. Ati we are practically family now. They want me to save up and finish building so they're drafting a contract which will allow me to stay in their house rent free for the next 3 years!

They say they don't need the money. What they need is to empower youths like me to become independent. Mwebantu, what planet are these people from?

This is a young couple btw, the man is 31 and his wife is 29. They had a head start in life and I guess they're just trying to give back to the universe.

Her followers have been congratulating her and some even wish their landlords could do the same for them. And that if many other people can emulate the couple, the world will be a better place to live in.

One even chipped in that the landlord of the apartment he is about to rent has just reduced his rent:

Wow that’s dope. My soon to be landlord Reduced his 3 bedrooms flat from K3000 to K2000 per month so I save and expand my business. Good people still out there

https://lailasnews.com/landlord-asks-tenant-to-stop-paying-rent-for-next-3-years/

lalasticlala

Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Babyforever(f): 8:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Future impossible tense for Nigerian landlord's cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Donald95(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2018
My Dear Someone is watching you. That contract is to keep you close. One of the couple has seen you worthy to be his or her brothers wife

congrats
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Heartbender: 8:43am On Aug 09, 2018
Chiwetalu Agu, Nkem Owoh, Pete Edochie, Patience Ozokwuor right now

Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Djinja: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2018
Are you sure the landlord is not eyeing your body assets and using this one as a trap to enter the place?
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Homeboiy: 8:52am On Aug 09, 2018
For this naija
probably not a Benin landlord
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by tellwisdom: 2:33am On Aug 10, 2018
Anybody can do it...no be one room?? undecided
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 10, 2018
I bet their economy is better than naija economy. With the way people struggle through thick and thin to become landlord/lady in naija, ko le werk.

On a lighter note, if naija landlord plus landlady ask you to live in an apartment without paying rent, what will come to mind:
Planning to use you to renew their jazz?
They are already using your 'destiny' and the baba asked them to keep you around grin
They have a son abroad they want to hook you up with...

2 Likes

Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by NoToPile: 9:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
candy:
I bet their economy is better than naija economy. With the way people struggle through thick and thin to become landlord/lady in naija, ko le werk.

On a lighter note, if naija landlord plus landlady ask you to live in an apartment without paying rent, what will come to mind:
They are already using your 'destiny' and the baba asked them to keep you around grin

The first thing that came to my mind after seeing the titlewas 'ahh them don use this one' grin grin grin

Free rent ke?
For naija
Even the tenant willl reject it.

1 Like

Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by jeff1607(m): 11:09am On Aug 11, 2018
Homeboiy:
For this naija

probably not a Benin landlord

rent in Benin is quite cheap n.a.

all those fees aren't paid by tenants

If you find house yourself you go straight to the landlord and make a deal not like the way it is in the west
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by nazablossom(f): 11:57am On Aug 11, 2018
candy:

Exactly what came to my mind grin , this our Nigerian mentality ee. Any landlord that ask anybody not to pay rent will automatically become a ritualist.
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Sijo01(f): 12:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
This can never happen in Nigeria undecided
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Sijo01(f): 12:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
jeff1607:

rent in Benin is quite cheap n.a.

all those fees aren't paid by tenants

If you find house yourself you go straight to the landlord and make a deal not like the way it is in the west

No mind the guy.
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by Pavore9: 4:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Many Nigerians would rather move out than live there for FREE! cheesy
Re: Landlord Asks Tenant To Stop Paying Rent For Next 3 Years by MisterGrace: 6:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Awesome

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady With Two Kids Caught Showing Her Assets In Next City To Her Home. / Patronise Me / Don't Marry In That Village Oh !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.