Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,437 members, 7,937,335 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 09:16 PM

Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt (23572 Views)

Kwara Road Flooded (Video, Photos) / Lagos Airport Flooded After Heavy Downpour / Lekki Garden, Lagos Flooded After Heavy Rain (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by rowdymind(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
I Have Witnessed The Suffering Firsthand, I Use The East/west Road Every Day While Going To Work. Whenever It Rains I Weep For The People Living At Nkpolu And Rumuigbo. Dirty Water, Feaces And All Manner Of Dirt Will Be Staring At You Like Kilode. How Can You Build A Road Without Drainage Knowing Fully That Rivers State Experiences Higher Rainfall. Please Whoever Is In Position Should Help This People Now That They Are Desperately In Need. They Are Nigerians Also Not Just People You Visit During Elections
#barrnyesomwike

2 Likes

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by smesi: 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
They(APC, Buhari,Lier Mohammed) will blame Jonathan and PDP for the down pour again
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Nkpolu junction. The road itself is smooth but it's the drainage that's the problem. Some of those structures there are blocking the drainage and they need to be demolished

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by chimchim1(m): 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
norastan:
Are u living in Ph ur saying this is fake come n see it for urself
I live in PH. There's nothing wrong with the federal road (east-west road) but the nkpolu road has no good drainage channel. Nkpolu is a trunk B (state) road. So leave federal government alone. When all ikwerre houses are on canals. All roads built by amaechi have good drainage system except the ones built by Mr project.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by chimchim1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
smesi:
They(APC, Buhari,Lier Mohammed) will blame Jonathan and PDP for the down pour again
no one will blame PDP or GEJ. The problem is from Nkpolu road which is a state road built by Mr project without proper drainage system. The drainage is so shallow.

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
Twisted story. Nkpolu and Rumuigbo right from Ogologo junction, Igboloji through all Rumuigbo is flooded as a result of developers sand filling and building on top natural drainage. Just a portion of East-West road by the junction is affected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by vineyardfarms: 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
PRESIDENT BUHARI IS WORKING, NIGERIAN RESTORER, MESSIAH OF OUR TIME WITH CRYING BLOOD
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Saintkely: 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2018
APC Government is work. grin
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by billyG(m): 9:25pm On Aug 10, 2018
Why did d state government allow pple to build houses along natural drainages areas even with drainage,i saw most houses in PH and i cried they have to no gutters on their streets & most streets end in close.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by jahlove4jah: 9:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
I live in Porthacourt and I pass through this road very often. I drove pass their two days ago and it was a horrible experience. Thanks to For that it was a heavy downpour.
However, while the government have failed in giving us quality road, we on our own are doing ourselves more harm than good by blocking the water ways by raising buildings indiscriminately. A closer look at the problem at Nkpolu road will show you that when we cut corners to actualize our interest, it may come back to hunt us

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by snooks316: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2018
Joelsblog:
A Federal Road for that Matter, Residents of Nkpolu Junction - Off East west road are calling out to the Federal Government to do something about the Flood before it sweeps them and their belongings away.

After a post shared by a concerned Facebook user, [url=https://free.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2240622209285671&id=100000137425058&refid=17&_ft_=og_action_id.2240622879285604%3Atop_level_post_id.2240622209285671%3Atl_objid.2240622209285671%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2240622209285671%3Aphoto_id.2240621082619117%3Athid.100000137425058%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1535785199%3A295622851033531725&__tn__=%2AW-R#footer_action_list]Hope Taffy Titus[/url]
JoelsBlog Team based in Port Harcourt reached out to a few residents asking them how the Flood has affected them,

"Make Government come do something o! The other day one woman and her pickin she carry for back fall inside gutter, See big wound wey do her for leg, Motor no fit to pass, market no come dey sef" - Miss Nwabuleri, a resident of the area said

"Are you seeing that spot? That is where I sell my roasted corn to feed my four children, ever since water covered that spot, I have been unable to sell my corn.. I can't come and start selling on the main road" another worried seller added.

Watch Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHOFWtLqLUw

we need help not just in Nkpolu Junction but other affected areas in Port Harcourt.

First Published on JoelsBlog Media

The root cause of the flooded NKPOLU JUNCTION - EAST WEST ROAD, was poor construction of the NKPOLU -RUMUAGHOLU LINK ROAD without proper drainage.
Water will natural find it's way.....
Please, stop sending wrong information to the public and ask the Rivers State govt to try fix proper drainage on constructed roads. Also, we need to avoid dumping refuse especially plastics on our drainages.

4 Likes

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by NickD(m): 10:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
rowdymind:
I Have Witnessed The Suffering Firsthand, I Use The East/west Road Every Day While Going To Work. Whenever It Rains I Weep For The People Living At Nkpolu And Rumuigbo. Dirty Water, Feaces And All Manner Of Dirt Will Be Staring At You Like Kilode. How Can You Build A Road Without Drainage Knowing Fully That Rivers State Experiences Higher Rainfall. Please Whoever Is In Position Should Help This People Now That They Are Desperately In Need. They Are Nigerians Also Not Just People You Visit During Elections
#barrnyesomwike
The community sold the land where the water empties on the other side of the road. The woman who bought the land blocked the drainage to erect her structure. They took her to court and she defeated them. Irrespective of that on that side of the road leading down to the obiri ikwerre bridge there's no drainage. Considering the choba river is down that road there should be no flood. But poor planning from the road constructors have contributed to this.

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Adamsking(m): 11:06pm On Aug 10, 2018
You know the problem with Nigerian is that when some says something we don't find out how true it is. I leave in Port Harcourt and the street that leads to the flooded area on east/west road Nkpolu. 1. That road was constructed by the PDP government. The contract was collected from amaechi by Jonathan to spit him of which he advised the constitution of the drainage but they didn't. 2. The water that is gathers there after it rains started this year after the empty land which It flows to was sold by the Nkpolu community to an individual. And after it was sand filled they became the architect of their own problem. So blaming it Any government is wrong if the communities insist on the government to make a water way the would have during the construction but they didn't and if they did not sell there land where the water flows to they won't have any problem. So let's be honest we are the cause of our problems at time the leaders just ride on it.

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by blackaxe78: 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Metuh:
Buhari has constructed the road na.

This is fake news. grin

GEJ finished during his tenure

The shame is on you.

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Printerscanner: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
Metuh:

This is fake news. grin

No, don't give GEJ praises and honour to Buhari. GEJ used his 6 years and billions of oil money to construct the road. Up GEJ.
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Rivguydee(m): 11:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
mashnino:
The govt should come unclog the gutter?

Or stop the rainfall

Which one?

So that we know what to tell them when we get to london

Una jump una state govt fly reach fed govt
nkapi that road na federal road... try get sense small.
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by Rhea(f): 12:07am On Aug 11, 2018
Joelsblog:
A Federal Road for that Matter, Residents of Nkpolu Junction - Off East west road are calling out to the Federal Government to do something about the Flood before it sweeps them and their belongings away.

After a post shared by a concerned Facebook user, [url=https://free.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2240622209285671&id=100000137425058&refid=17&_ft_=og_action_id.2240622879285604%3Atop_level_post_id.2240622209285671%3Atl_objid.2240622209285671%3Athrowback_story_fbid.2240622209285671%3Aphoto_id.2240621082619117%3Athid.100000137425058%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1535785199%3A295622851033531725&__tn__=%2AW-R#footer_action_list]Hope Taffy Titus[/url]
JoelsBlog Team based in Port Harcourt reached out to a few residents asking them how the Flood has affected them,

"Make Government come do something o! The other day one woman and her pickin she carry for back fall inside gutter, See big wound wey do her for leg, Motor no fit to pass, market no come dey sef" - Miss Nwabuleri, a resident of the area said

"Are you seeing that spot? That is where I sell my roasted corn to feed my four children, ever since water covered that spot, I have been unable to sell my corn.. I can't come and start selling on the main road" another worried seller added.

Watch Video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHOFWtLqLUw

we need help not just in Nkpolu Junction but other affected areas in Port Harcourt.

First Published on JoelsBlog Media

They don't care about the road. Just give them N500 for kaikai on the day of election and their vote is yours
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by alfred007(m): 5:42am On Aug 11, 2018
otokx:
A lot of propaganda and political deceptions.

The community in that area sold the land inclusive of the drainage and sand filled it to a higher level so all the water that used to flow into their area is now flowing in the reverse direction.

This is not necessarily a FG problem.

if u don't know what to say, close your mouth!
the problem of that road is drainage. All it need is proper drainage from there to choba river, that's all! don't tell us that they sold land. how can u channel water to someone's land?
and yes, it's an FG problem!
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by hoopLA: 7:15am On Aug 11, 2018
Idiots will blame the FG without even rationalizing the situation.

It's the Nkpolu road with no drainage built by Mr. Cultist Project that is flooding, not the east west road

But sentimental cockroaches and millipedes will crawl out of their crevices and start spewing rubbishabout FERMA

1 Like

Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 7:43am On Aug 11, 2018
alfred007:

if u don't know what to say, close your mouth!
the problem of that road is drainage. All it need is proper drainage from there to choba river, that's all! don't tell us that they sold land. how can u channel water to someone's land?
and yes, it's an FG problem!

Keep on politicizing the issue, what concerns choba river so far away when there are numerous canals and natural wetlands in the area. The community people as has been rightly pointed out blocked the water flow and are reaping the fruit of their labour.
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by hoopLA: 7:57am On Aug 11, 2018
otokx:

Keep on politicizing the issue, what concerns choba river so far away when there are numerous canals and natural wetlands in the area. The community people as has been rightly pointed out blocked the water flow and are reaping the fruit of their labour.
Leave that brain dead muppet with no sense of rationality

Choba river is at least 10km from that place.
Local inhabitants have used up every square millimeter to build shacks to be rented and there is no drainage. Yet monkeys like the one you quoted will jump at anything federal before thinking

Cultist Wike in his usual grandstanding style of governance built a road with any kind of drainage hence the flooding but people are still calling it a FG problem and they expect us to think they are normal

Actually madness is not judged by roaming naked on the road. Some of these id1otic comments on these pages are a real indicator.
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by otokx(m): 8:08am On Aug 11, 2018
There are canals all over Port Harcourt, when last where they dredged and desilted? The nearest canal to this site is that one that passes SAS road up to Rupokwu. There are also natural wetlands but all the land have been sold and the water path blocked. Then someone wakes up and starts politicizing the issue the same way they tried to do to the soot that is killing us softly in Rivers State.
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by maxzzo1(m): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2018
Metuh:

This is fake news. grin
Not fake my broda na true i saw it (from Rumuokoro coming towards mercyland)
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by hoopLA: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2018
otokx:
There are canals all over Port Harcourt, when last where they dredged and desilted? The nearest canal to this site is that one that passes SAS road up to Rupokwu. There are also natural wetlands but all the land have been sold and the water path blocked. Then someone wakes up and starts politicizing the issue the same way they tried to do to the soot that is killing us softly in Rivers State.
I've told you to ignore that ignorant madman and his ilk blaming the FG for a problem caused by greedy community folks.

Wike is converting one of those natural wetlands that could have been used for drainages along NLNG Road to a housing scheme where they can sell to their cronies
When flooding there starts as a result of nature taking its course, id1ots like that mor0n will come here and say it is theFG's problem. Already the on going work is taking a toll on the road by the Rasyern Bypassroundabout.
That place was left alone by past governors. No one is talking about such problems. No one probably did a detailed EIA report. But when floods come, stupïd dense people will politicize it with stupïd rhetoric
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by mashnino(m): 11:14am On Aug 11, 2018
Rivguydee:
nkapi that road na federal road... try get sense small.

And so?
Re: Federal Road, East-west Road Flooded After Heavy Rain Fall In Port Harcourt by katman9x(m): 2:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
otokx:
A lot of propaganda and political deceptions.

The community in that area sold the land inclusive of the drainage and sand filled it to a higher level so all the water that used to flow into their area is now flowing in the reverse direction.

This is not necessarily a FG problem.

My dear, heard about it when I passed through that area yesterday. They sold the land that was used as a drainage area as per typical Ikwerre community without thinking etc (the usual chop today without plans for tomorrow mentality). Now people are coming here to talk as if the road was done badly. Check it in dry season. Usually so good

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria, Vietnam Sign Visa Waiver Deal For Diplomatic, Official Passport Holders / Photo: Young Nigerian Medical Doctor Missing In Texas / First Okhiria Denies Attack On Abuja Bound Train

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.