Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,809 members, 7,872,693 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:54 PM

My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat (1135 Views)

Upgrading Your Woman, A Threat Or A Fortune? / Paul Bolton, 68-Year-Old Briton Is Looking For His Yoruba Father, Femi Odiendie / Nigerian Lady Is Looking For A Sperm Donor. See Qualifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 5:23am On Aug 11, 2018
Dear nairalanders, I live with my housemate, we have been living together for a year now.
He met a girl and brought her to live with him in his bedroom, he even introduced me to the girl and the girls seems to like talking to me so to be polite I also talk to her when she talks to me and answers her questions. Then I noticed my housemate doesn't like that because he seems to think I'm trying to steal his girlfriend and I am not even interested in her, I only talk to her when she talks to me to be polite, I am not even attracted to her in anyway, she's not even my type, her Ass is flat and I prefer women with big firm assess but my housemate thinks other wise.
and seems to not like me talking to her so I stoped talking to her and even avoid her, I try not to get in their way anyway that I can so I keep to myself in my bedroom and only come out to prepare something to eat for myself then go back in to my room with my food.
Even after I kept my distance, my housemate is still suspicious, when he goes out and leave the girl to stay home sometimes, he keeps calling her and asking about me, where I'm I? What I'm I doing?
Anyway I still continued keeping my distance from them and avoid the girl anyway that I can, even when I go to the balcony to smoke when I see her I there I will not stand there and talk to her, I will just go back to my room and when she's in the kitchen I don't go there to prepare my food, I wait for her to finish before I go in.
So because of this she thinks I'm angry with them, she thinks that there is something she did or my housemate did to me but don't know and my housemate too thinks the same way and they even concluded that I am snobbish when all I am trying to do is to stay out of their way and give them their privacy and space.
What I don't understand is that I'm I on the wrong? What is it that I'm doing wrongly?
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 5:44am On Aug 11, 2018
Be free in the house you paid for,your housemate can think whatever he wants if he is man enough let him confront you then you give him a piece of your mind if the girl talks to you,you respond but stop avoiding her like that after all is also your house.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 11, 2018
I think the cigar is a bigger threat to your wellbeing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by ITbomb(m): 6:06am On Aug 11, 2018
All of you are mad, thinking, assuming and killing unasef slowly

Don't do things like woman.
Communication is key

Talk to your guy man to man over some bottles of beer (if you do).

Don't know how to start? Let me suggest.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by DanielsParker(m): 6:22am On Aug 11, 2018
this one is deep
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by sisisioge: 6:45am On Aug 11, 2018
You are overdoing things bros.

In fact, call the guy one on one and explain what you've been trying to do. Talk to her without being too familiar biko.

I have a flatmate I talk to...never been to her room, never borrowed more than her big pot(it sits right beside my set in the kitchen grin), never eaten her food, never did any personal anything with her. Yet, there is a cheerful ambiance in the house. Be friendly without being close. If matter becomes too much, bring a girl home from time to time too wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by dingbang(m): 7:08am On Aug 11, 2018
All the comments above me are valid!
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by davidflipcy5856(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2018
You can't just continue with these kind of attitude. It's not healthy at all since you all live in same house. why don't you, your housemate and his girlfriend discuss this altogether? Call them both and explain, by doing this you will clear some doubts about you and make things very clear.

1 Like

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 11, 2018
You're OK. Your housemate is immature. Shey he no know women before ni weh he carry girl come join una for house. Its not u he shd untrust, its his girl..cus if you keep being itself...being jovial, being playful, the girl will fall for you and when trouble starts, she'll accuse you of being the one who made advances on her...and that may cause a permanent problem btwn u and ur housemate

My advice for you as a man is call ur housemate and have a man-man talk. If he understands..fine. If he doesn't, then you've done all ur best, live ur life freely in ur house. He'll learn in a hard way later.
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2018
sisisioge:
You are overdoing things bros.

In fact, call the guy one on one and explain what you've been trying to do. Talk to her without being too familiar biko.

I have a flatmate I talk to...never been to her room, never borrowed more than her big pot(it sits right beside my set in the kitchen grin), never eaten her food, never did any personal anything with her. Yet, there is a cheerful ambiance in the house. Be friendly without being close. If matter becomes too much, bring a girl home from time to time too wink
I already have one who comes over almost every weekend to stay for a few days.
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2018
mhd5757:

I already have one who comes over almost every weekend to stay for a few days.

Why are you skulking around the house like houseboy like you didn't also pay for the accommodation?

Free yourself bro. Chat with the guy's babe like nothing dey happen.

If your housemate doesn't want his girlfriend relating with you he has several options.

He can go get another place for her or ask her to use burka, the black cloth moslem women in purdah wear.

Not your problem.
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Richy4(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Excuse me man!! permit me to ask this harmless question. If truly you were maintaining your distance and stopped all communication, how did you know your flatmate was calling and asking her of your whereabout?

1 Like

Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
Richy4:
Excuse me man!! permit me to ask this harmless question. If truly you were maintaining your distance and stopped all communication, how did you know your flatmate was calling and asking her of your whereabout?
It's a small apartment, our rooms are close to each other and during the day its very quiet because non of us play movies or music during the day time so when the person in the next room talks in a high tone you can easily hear, so when she was talking I heard her say my name a few times, she said: "he's in his bedroom"
"I don't know what he's doing"
"Why are you suspicious?".
Ps she also left the door to their room open so it became even easier for me to hear what she was saying while i was working on my school project.
Re: My Housemate Is Looking At Me As A Threat by victorian(f): 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
Guy! Free yourself jare.

Talk to both of them, your flat mate and his girlfriend. And let him know there and then, you don't have feelings for her but you just see her as a friend. So he should calm down on his suspicious attitude. Cause u don't have time to start feeling awkward at home, like you are walking on eggs of shells.
Then crack one or two jokes, and tell your guy to loosen up. Life no hard reach that level.
If after the round table talks and he is still behaving childishly, that's his problem. abeg free your mind and yourself in that house.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Gave Birth To Her Sweet Baby Boy In Water Then Another Baby Follow. Photos / I Need Your Help Nairalanders / Up For Adoption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.