Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,870 members, 7,879,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

How I Will Restructure Nigeria -makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Will Restructure Nigeria -makarfi (351 Views)

Atiku Will Restructure Nigeria Within Six Months – Nwodo / Kwankwaso: I Will Restructure Nigeria, Revamp The Economy / 2023: Atiku Has Explained How He Will Restructure Nigeria – Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1)

How I Will Restructure Nigeria -makarfi by isahrabson: 8:59am On Aug 11, 2018
HOW I WILL RESTRUCTURE NIGERIA -MAKARFI

Presidential aspirant under the Peoples' Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Ahmed Mohammed Makarfi has disclosed that having chaired the technical committee that set the agenda for the National Conference under President Obasanjo, restructuring Nigeria now would be incorporating whatever Nigerians resolve and bringing in people that will dust his committee's report, removing what is obsolete and bringing in what is new.

Speaking to journalists at the sidelines of a visit to the Ebonyi State secretariat of the party in Abakaliki on Friday, Makarfi noted that his committee proposed how the country could be restructured but it was not followe through.

" First of all restructuring is not what a leader wants but what the people want. I chaired the technical committee that set the agenda for the National Conference under Obasanjo, even though some of the items were removed from the report. We need to bring Nigerians together to dust that report, remove what is obsolete and and add what is new, whatever Nigerians resolve," he said.

On the allegations of being too gentle to lead Nigeria Makarfi said," People said I was too gentle to defeat Sheriff, what happened? Don't be mistaken by looks. It is the action. In Kaduna State people saw my actions. People said I was too gentle to handle the Kaduna Mafia but what happened? Those who will mistake me to be weak will be shocked but Nigerians will be happy."

Senator Makarfi also disclosed that he was the first governor in the country to appoint non indigenes in his cabinet and as governor an Ogbo man was elected as member of the state House of Assembly. "My history will tell Nigerians who I am. It is not even in promising but in what I have done," he said.

On the accusation that PDP misruled the country for sixteen years, Makarfi said, " Ninety percent of those who accuse PDP of misruling Nigeria were PDP people who were on positions of authority. They were the ones who misruled and ran to APC. That is why APC is not ruling well. The people that remained in the PDP are the good people so Nigerians should take note."
Re: How I Will Restructure Nigeria -makarfi by Mynd44: 9:15am On Aug 11, 2018

(1)

Obaseki, World Bank Firm Up Partnership On Agriculture / Nigeria Police Force Responds To The Sars Reform. / A Closer Look At Buhari’s Ministers Who Are Vying For Guber In 2019 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.