Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,762 members, 7,935,264 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 05:19 AM

International Youth Day 2018: A Thought For The Nigerian Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / International Youth Day 2018: A Thought For The Nigerian Youth (234 Views)

International Youth Day: I Take Very Strong Exception To The ASSU Strike - Atiku / International Youth Day: Tinubu Celebrates Young People In Nigeria / New Year Message: Gov. Ortom Declares 2018 A Turbulent Year, Tells Nigerians Wha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Youth Day 2018: A Thought For The Nigerian Youth by Listic1: 10:22am On Aug 12, 2018
Many young people in Nigeria have never been unsure of their future like now. There are countless indicators all around us that support this conclusion. Some of the very obvious ones include increase in gambling (i.e. sports betting), drug abuse and - the one that affects all of us - (violent) crimes.

I reckon that our unmarried female folk, especially those above thirty (30), will be most affected if the trend doesn't change soonest. Not that marriage is that important, but most young men may not be willing to marry young ladies in that category with considerations of procreation driving their decision. You know, they say menopause comes very early these days. Lolz. Worse still, the families of these ladies and an ignorant society will keep mounting unnecessary pressure on them to get married as if a lady's life is meaningless and all her personal achievements pales into nothingness if she is unmarried. I really sympathise with our unmarried young ladies!

But then, today, the 12th of August, 2018 is International Youth Day. A day that demands that everyone but particularly the youths themselves and the elders/leaders take a step back and reflect on the destiny of the youths in this country. As we mark the day today with a most appropriate theme: 'Safe Spaces for Youth'; my earnest desire is that our young people will wise up! Identify their common enemy and then rally round to crush it. And by so doing create safe spaces in which they can thrive and give expression to their innate abilities.

Listic1; @ODNEsq.

(1) (Reply)

8 Corps Members Honoured For Exemplary Conduct / Kali / Experts Urge CBN To Support Drive For Rural Access To Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.