Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,291 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ (32972 Views)

Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) / Atiku: I Will NOT Take Six Months Before Naming My Cabinet, If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by wristbangle: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
frowland:

Point of correction, Buhari made that comment 2011 campaign and NOT 2015.

I said before 2015. 2011 is before 2015. cool
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by JohnJerry587: 1:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
U have got it wrong again, having tested the Vice president of this country for good eight years, what did u now forgot there, that U want to used four years to carried. Because u knew vividly the other part of the country will not support the president to be in northern part within the period of 12 years, u political should stop deceiving us.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
Good manifesto. But a one question:

Which one does Atiku want to do: return schools to missions or train teachers? I'm confused here, because it seems he wants to do both.

Buhari 2019; Igbo Presidency 2023.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Lumig: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Buhari is a terrorist

Under his watch... Fulani herdsmen are butchering and forcefully taking people's lands

A man who promised to fight Boko Haram from the front but gives them cash through the back door in the name ransom

A man of no integrity who promised to fight corruption and block leakages by preventing medical tourism of public officials but went ahead to break the rules himself

A man who sees opposition as corrupt and his camp Saints as Akpabio comes to mind

Buhari has nothing to offer except propaganda and traveling around the world taking pictures ...
How are you so sure that the killings are not funded by Atiku and his cronies to distract and discredit the present government. Politicians can be very deceptive and cunning bro
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by OLAL3K4N: 1:19pm On Aug 12, 2018
We've had this words before, you don't have anything new to offer obviously.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by JohnJerry587: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
U have got it wrong again, having tested the Vice president of this country for good eight years, what did u now forgot there, that U want to used four years to carry
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by NotAZombie: 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2018
midolian:
His lies can only tempt the misguided ones from the other side
The same way one dullard used his lies to decieve you foolish ones.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by NotAZombie: 1:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lumig:
How are you so sure that the killings are not funded by Atiku and his cronies to distract and discredit the present government. Politicians can be very deceptive and cunning bro
Done by Atiku and Giving of Land is the solution abi. Let your brain do the thinking and don't let others do the thinking for you.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by wakaman: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
You can rule followers in a virtual Nigeria online.

Online president for life.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Mujtahida: 1:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
opribo:
Atiku is far more intelligent than bubu. Bubu is a resounding disaster that befell Nigeria. The more we let that disaster to continue the more Nigeria sinks deeper into a failed nation.

He lacks vision and strategy and rather than assemble sound and tested intellectuals to help him run thr nation he relies on tyro's and below averages like him to run the nation blindly without focus.
It's been a wasted period of our national history with nothing to show for it. Economy is worsened, insecurity has grown higher, education in shambles, health sector is dead even him goes abroad for a simple ailment like ear infection. What a mess of government.
Buhari is very unintelligent. They say he has a cult like following in the North. Truly one needs be a zombie to be a Buhari supporter.

Take away paper from Buhari and he can hardly string two or three sentences intelligibly. There's nothing I detest more than a leader who is not worded. If a leader lacks the word he will fail and cause the people to fail. The easiest way to know a visionary leader is to judge him at the level of how worded he is. Buhari has no vision, no ideal to inspire the nation to, no charisma, no personality. Buhari is dumb and I say this with due respect to his person.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by KDmafia: 1:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Dannyset:

So what do you want me to do?
grin
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Yankee101: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lol. They ALL said the same thing
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by gbagyiza: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2018
Dannyset:
Desperado!
Whoever take Politicians word for it is living in perilous time. I like Atiku but Buhari is a force.

Nigerians need someone with a vast knowledge of how to turn around d economy, but let me be specific our current president lack this. I agree that Buhari is not corrupt like most of d politicians but his policies r not yielding result. And one thing that could have giving d president an edge is to appoint competent persons in his cabinet n also cooperate with them to turn around things but he did not do that because of his kind of mindset. Nigerians should bet this with me that integrity alone can never bring d desire result until one do d needful. Most of d people shouting sai baba, they r doing that for sentimental reasons but not for economical development n unity of Nigeria. I am not against d president but if voted again, Nigerians should brace up for more difficult n harsh economic condition because of bad policies. Atiku spoke well. I rest my case.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by wakaman: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Jabarzee:
Am voting for Atiku, I don't care what anybody thinks

That's if he wins the PDP primaries.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Sharpshooota: 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Lumig:

Buhari the commander in chief should go on arrest the culprits and their sponsors.... But he won't

You know why.... He can't indict himself
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by onatisi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Shukuakukobambi:

You're very correct. Thats why I've been telling bfolks that Atiku can never get PDP ticket. Wike and co would rather lose than allow Atiku the power because they will never be able to Pocket him. Even buhari that tinubu brought up became inaccessible to the same tinubu as soon as he got there.

Only MKO could sponsor himself, after riding Shehu Yaradua's political machine, and for that and other reasons, the powers that be rejected him.

All power brokers want puppets they can control. If OBJ could control buhari, he wouldn't be against him today.

Yes exactly, and secondly atiku has more than enough excess baggage on him, cleaning him up in the eyes of the electorates will even take too much time. He will spend more time defending his record than actually campaigning.
Thirdly ,pdp needs to bring out a complete opposite of buhari in order to show Nigerians how different they are from APC ,there fore they need to bring out a much more younger candidate than buhari ,age and good health will also be good points to campaign on . Age isn't on atiku side any more

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by phase1: 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Odiegwu!

He is deceiving himself like dumbohari the terroristic gworo-chewing baboon decieved his his almajiri muslim buharideens and yoromuslim zombirudeens. Kikikikiki!

cheesy grin grin

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by onatisi(m): 1:41pm On Aug 12, 2018
Mujtahida:

Buhari is very unintelligent. They say he has a cult like following in the North. Truly one needs be a zombie to be a Buhari supporter.

Take away paper from Buhari and he can hardly string two or three sentences intelligibly. There's nothing I detest more than a leader who is not worded. If a leader lacks the word he will fail and cause the people to fail. The easiest way to know a visionary leader is to judge him at the level of how worded he is. Buhari has no vision, no ideal to inspire the nation to, no charisma, no personality. Buhari is dumb and I say this with due respect to his person.
If you want to finish buhari ,just give him the microphone for 5 minutes. By the time he is finished ,you will have less than 80% job to do in finishing him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by mamawin(f): 1:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
madridguy:
Alhaji Atiku should keep his signature and promise. Nigerians are not interested in your ranting grin grin grin Less I forget, Sebi some people just voted Atiku on Twitter tongue Baba, you can be their lifetime twitter president.

Sai Baba till 2023.
grin grin grin
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Jman06(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
midolian:
Atiku Abubakar, WWW, the online sensation and choice president of the misguided ones has come again..

The mistake he, kwankwaso and others alike have made is that they allowed themselves to be fooled by praises from the other side. They should have waited patiently for Buhari to finish his second term before seeking election into his office..

A northerner contesting against Buhari is not better than a fool testing the depth of an ocean with both feet.

Cc: tomakint
Stop ranting rubbish !!! Can you mention those things that make buhari such a great politician that cannot be defeated in 2019

If illiterate northern almajiris support buhari, I can understand, but when supposedly learned people hype a complete failure like buhari and want us to vote for him, that's the height of stupidity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by mamawin(f): 1:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
He spoke well and made some very good points but who is going to take him up, when later he failed to do all he mentioned? That is the problem in this country. I can never vote for Atiku. A president that can't visit the US? Please....

1 Like

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by positivethought: 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
midolian:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/08/12/atiku-i-will-do-one-term-only-if-elected-president-in-2019/amp/

The best way to judge a man's true character is by analysing his utterances n deeds for both are products of preceeding conscious thoughts,irrespective of what anyone may say,to me n many others Atiku is the man,how i wish Atiku n buhari will square up in an offhand intellectual debate,i'm sure the so call general will be trembling,if it were for me to decide Atiku n peter obi wll be pdp candidates come 2019,men that would be awsome,i said it on this forum n i will say it again,pdp made a mistake by denying SW her chair,if not this buhari cult followership nonsense would been checkmated for good but still with the right moves its never late or impossible.Atikulation 2019!!.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Chi80(m): 1:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
Atiku, this statement is not necessary.. am one of your supporters.. am a serious member of campaign stream... Pls sir allow us do our background work for u.. don't make any promises for now....pls my principal...
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by dayowunmi(m): 1:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Buhari said the same thing as well and plans are in top gear for his reelection
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Gamesmart: 2:03pm On Aug 12, 2018
Abeg, Atiku, help us spend that 4 years in prison instead for corruption.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by michoim(m): 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
You won't even rule for 1 hour...
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Mujtahida: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2018
gbagyiza:

Nigerians need someone with a vast knowledge of how to turn around d economy, but let me be specific our current president lack this. I agree that Buhari is not corrupt like most of d politicians[/b]but his policies r not yielding result. And one thing that could have giving d president an edge is to appoint competent persons in his cabinet n also cooperate with them to turn around things but he did not do that because of his kind of mindset. [b]Nigerians should bet this with me that integrity alone can never bring d desire result until one do d needful. Most of d people shouting sai baba, they r doing that for sentimental reasons but not for economical development n unity of Nigeria. I am not against d president but if voted again, Nigerians should brace up for more difficult n harsh economic condition because of bad policies. Atiku spoke well. I rest my case.
Don't fall for that deception @the bolded. Buhari is corrupt. It's just that we have given too narrow a definition to corruption. We have defined corruption as the stealing of the people's commonwealth as in money. But have you ever considered that nepotism is the other side of the coin of corruption? It is the government of my brother, by my brother and for my brother that makes stealing of money possible. Nepotism makes government of chop - i- chop possible. If you appoint me into government just because I am your friend, your brother, your kinsman, you can hardly do anything when I start chopping because at a deep pyscho-moral level you telling me - without using words-that I should come and chop. This explains why Buhari is reported to be hapless about the corruption in his own inner cycle. Buhari's anti corruption mantra is a fraud, a colossal scam believed by idiots and dimwits

Let me for the sake of argument agree with you that Buhari is not corrupt but like you have said he's just too lacking in creativity, in intelligence, capacity, foresight, vision, open mindedness and dynamism to be leader of a nation like Nigeria. Integrity is a dry bone as a stand alone quality. More is needed needed. We even need a leader who is ready and willing to engage the citizens intelligently and drive them to achieve great things. Buhari' touted integrity is like cold tasteless pap. It cannot nourish this nation.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by delpee(f): 2:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
We don't need recycled greedy politicians anymore. It's time to build a new and better future for Nigeria. I'm looking forward to a new breed of focused, modern, young and dedicated politicians.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by realmindz: 2:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Same line every 4 years..... Too boring already, no creativity...
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by Max24: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
onatisi:
one lesson i have learnt from the travails of atiku in his quest to become the president is
NEVER SURRENDER OR DROP YOUR OWN AMBITION OR SUCCESS JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT TO HELP SOMEONES ELSE DESTINY OR SUCCESS BECAUSE IT IS POSSIBLE YOU MAY NEVER GET THAT CHANCE AGAIN TILL YOU DIE
atiku greatest mistake in his political life and which i know he is regretting till today was the decision he made to drop his presidential ambition in 2003 and support obj despite all the warnings his powerful political group within and outside pdp gave him then.
in 2003 , he had the chance of getting the ticket easily and winning easily , but obj begged and begged and promised him 2007 that he will hand over to him. never trust any man with your destiny , guard it jealously.
with the way things are going , atiku chances of becoming pdp presidential candidate is getting slimmer and slimmer as more and more people troop back into pdp.
The post of the nigeria president is not and has never been to the highest bidder , because political gladiators that determine who gets party nomination usually pick someone that needs them and who they can maneuver easily , reason why tinubu and co went for buhari , because they know he needs their funds , reason why pdp went for obj even while he was still in prison , shagari didnt attend npn convention , he was in his hotel room when they told him he is their candidate .
But politics shouldn't be a do or die. Atiku insisting on bieng PDP candidate n 2005 does not guaranty his winnng the main contest. Obasanjo as the incubent still had the joker he could have played on the PDP governor's supporting Atiku then. Maybe Atiku would have been politically voiceless by now. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another time. Atiku and the PDP govs then know they need Objs support to win the general elections hence their capitulation. Fate and destiny has a part to play in leadership aspiration no matter how well you play your game.
Re: Atiku: ‘I Will Rule Nigeria For Only Four Years’ by adidison(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Who posted this thing? Who wasted time to write all this rubbish, I just clicked to comment then I saw the whole story ... smh! Anybody who thinks Atiku will do any different is wasting his time.

I'm getting tired of this topics on nairaland, everything is about politics, deflection, Tonto Dike or Big Brother ... abeg something to enrich people abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim / Senator Dino Melaye Sings At AY Show, Says "Don't Laugh oooo". See Reactions / Junaid Mohammed: I Will Rather Have Tinubu As President Than Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.