Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,188 members, 7,950,113 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

How All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths After Fasting For 7 Days - Ex Minister - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths After Fasting For 7 Days - Ex Minister (334 Views)

Oluwole Oluwabukunmi Got A1 In 9 Subjects In WAEC & Scored 324 In JAMB / Meet Sylvia Ulan Andrew Who Made 9 A1 In WASSCE In Plateau State / Okorogheye Orisheneye David Gets 9 A1 In WAEC And Scores 332 In JAMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths After Fasting For 7 Days - Ex Minister by Trendvoice: 12:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

A retired Nigerian Judge of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague in Netherlands, is thanking God for strengthening him to make his students score straight 'A's in Mathematics.

Ajibola with the outgoing students

A former Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Prince Bola Ajibola (SAN), is celebrating the students of one of the educational establishments founded by him for their excellent performance at the latest edition of the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC).

According to Vanguard, Ajibola, a retired Judge of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) at The Hague, Kingdom of Netherlands, is thanking God for strengthening him to make the IMA International Model College happen. According to him, all the 35 students from the school who sat for the African standard examination scored A1 in mathematics.

The new development which, he said, is not new to the school, however, came with added excellence this year. The students’ achievement appears to be a further proof of Allah’s acceptance of the strides of the global figure who served as Minister for over six years without taking salary.

It will be recalled that the Crescent University Abeokuta (CUAB), which is the peak of the educational establishments founded by the Olori Omo Oba of Owu Kingdom, Abeokuta, is, today, one of the leading private universities in Nigeria. CUAB is also known as the ‘Citadel of moral and academic excellence’.

At a ceremony held in the premises of Islamic Mission for Africa (IMA), Abeokuta, the 84-year-old legal luminary gave details of how the latest academic success of ‘his children’ at the IMA International Model College gladdened his heart.

Ajibola said: “What I saw and heard on Thursday, July 26, 2018 concerning our outgoing students at IMA International Model College not only amazed me but also gave me the impression that these students are among the best all over Nigeria if not in Africa.

They performed wonders in their dedication and diligence in many ways. “Before the final examination (SSCE), they unanimously took a decision to fast for seven days which they completed with prayers. God Almighty answered their prayers because all the 35 students passed their SSCE. Besides, none of these students failed in mathematics”.

The founder went on, “In fact, they all got A1. The most incredible of this is that one them who sat for further mathematics also scored A1. They all did well in physics, biology and chemistry scoring credit. They performed wonders in cultural display and deep Islamic lectures. In science, they performed an experiment that really went beyond my imagination.

"They were able to produce electricity and, in fact, light out of wired electrode and we noticed electrical light patently coming out of the wired lemon seeds which was about 20. On culture, two of them came out to give a wonderful performance in EWI which was done to the acclamation of all the guests in the hall.

"Before the program even started, one of them continued to recite from the holy Quran virtually endlessly. He had memorised virtually a large part of the holy Quran.

“One of the parents who showered gifts on the students testified that his daughter that attended IMA International Model College was given a scholarship and she is now doing excellently well at Crescent University”.

A statement by the management said, “The college had recorded 100% success twice in the SSCE in the past. However, the uniqueness of this year’s result is the near impossible feat of A1 parallel recorded by products of the school in mathematics.”

Opeyemi Jimoh, IMA college maths teacher, whose all 35 students scored A1, is a holder of bachelor’s and master’s degrees in mechanical engineering from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology and University of Ibadan.

The erudite mathematics teacher, Jimoh, said, “Mathematics is not a difficult subject; it is the methodology of many teachers and delivery that pose problems.”

He emphasized that the fear appeal by many mathematics teachers makes students dread the subject and causes victims to, later in their lives, have career switch from mathematics’ related subjects.

“A mathematics teacher should cultivate his or her students to be his friends,” Jimoh stated. On the secret behind his success, the teacher explained that he always ensured that “certain topics like statistics, trigonometry, quadratic graphs, trigonometric graphs, longitude and latitude which come out every year in SSCE were treated in details.”

“These topics need to be dealt with more seriously than the others”, he revealed.

LINK VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/how-all-my-35-students-scored-a1-in-maths-after-fasting-for-7-days-ex-minister-of-justice/

Re: How All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths After Fasting For 7 Days - Ex Minister by thesicilian: 12:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hardwork plus faith is a great combination for success.
Re: How All My 35 Students Scored A1 In Maths After Fasting For 7 Days - Ex Minister by Trendvoice: 12:51pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin definitely
thesicilian:
Hardwork plus faith is a great combination for success.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I'm On The Verge Of Losing My 25k To Remital Platform / [merit List] EBSU First Batch Admission List Is Out!! / Kwara Poly Admission 2018/19 Easy Way In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.