Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,131 members, 7,880,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 (815492 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (536) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abcasap(m): 9:22am On Sep 25, 2018
A friend told me that Abuja embassy have been closed down till further notice. And I also confirmed it on this thread. So try and verify if they've opened.
YoungIncredible:
Hello guys. Please can anyone help me with any cheapest hotel close to Abuja embassy pleaseeeeee.

I'm very low on budget and I can't afford Sheraton.

I will be visiting Abuja for the first time, which of the parks will I stop at?, and how to get to the "cheap hotel"

Edakun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2018
abcasap:
A friend told me that Abuja embassy have been closed down till further notice. And I also confirmed it on this thread. So try and verify if they've opened.

Abuja embassy has been up and running for the past 3 weeks since they shut down temporarily few weeks ago. The Google is always their for our verifications. Let's not always peddle unverified news or rely on hearsay when in reality, we can easily verify things for ourselves.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by abcasap(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
Oh... Thanks for the update!
100kobo:

Abuja embassy has been up and running for the past 3 weeks since they shut down temporarily few weeks ago. The Google is always their for our verifications. Let's not always peddle unverified news or rely on hearsay when in reality, we can easily verify things for ourselves.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2018
WHat is the issue dear?
PstTobi:
Someone should please respond to me, have been so much disturbed. I CAN'T HELP MYSELF. THANKS AND GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2018
If you get a B1/B2, you can change status upon arrival. You will still need to apply to school anyway. Get to know what is best for you before you start. Goodluck!
Emusan:
Please house, can another type of visa be given to study in US apart from F-1 or J-1?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
Were you accepted for Spring 2019? Next step is to pay SEVIS FEE $200, pay visa fee, schedule appointment on the US website and pick interview location best for you. Gather sponsor documents, prepare for visa interview and hopefully, when you get it, fly. Simple as ABC! If you need more help, ask or PM ME
abcasap:
Please I'm new on this thread and I need anyone who's willing to help me out.

I just got an admission into Texas A&M International University. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm new here. So I would like someone to give me heads up on what to do next.

Here's my email address Maduemechukwuebuka@gmail.com.

Here's my number 07036367160.

Please I really need u guys help and assistance.

Thanks.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
Search online. There are a lot of hotels. You can even use park if the money with you is very low. There's one around Itako, but can't remember the name. Goodluck and may God grant your heart desires!
YoungIncredible:
Hello guys. Please can anyone help me with any cheapest hotel close to Abuja embassy pleaseeeeee.

I will be visiting Abuja for the first time, which of the parks will I stop at?, and how to get to the "cheap hotel"

Edakun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
Depends on where you're coming from. Ideal location is Itako, Abuja. You can find cheap hotel around this axis. The important thing is to ask question. Ask your bus driver, too, in case you are travelling by bus. If my plane, get yourself to Itako, and in the morning of your interview, get a taxi that will take you directly to the embassy. It is cheap. Goodluck once again.
YoungIncredible:

Edakun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by AmaSophy: 3:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Please is it possible to defer admission twice? From Fall 2018 TO Spring 2019 and then Fall 2018?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Emusan(m): 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
YoungIncredible:

Edakun.

Actually I don't know your pocket but if you're thinking of getting cheap hotel around embassy you're in for a long thing.

But I'll advice, you can get an hotel in Gwarinpa, Kubwa or Jabi the reason why I choose these areas is because you can't experience any traffic delay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
fairheart:
Were you accepted for Spring 2019? Next step is to pay SEVIS FEE $200, pay visa fee, schedule appointment on the US website and pick interview location best for you. Gather sponsor documents, prepare for visa interview and hopefully, when you get it, fly. Simple as ABC! If you need more help, ask or PM ME
What about if their is no sit for visa interview. Hope it won't affect our resumption?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by FaoyeGeorge: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
YoungIncredible:

Edakun.

I use to know this very good hotel in Wuse zone 5, which of course it’s like 5-10 minutes to the embassy. Back in 2016, it was 6,000, now it can be more than that, maybe 8k now, but it’s a small hotel and really neat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by MyAmericandream(f): 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
nelronaldo:
Please can anyone help with list of some schools that offer financial aids and assistantship to international students? I seem to find it difficult to find any. All schools i have contacted say they have no financial aid for international students.
have you tried central Michigan University?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by fairheart(m): 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sure, if your school isn't tired of defering it for you. You might be asked to update the application and the documents you provided in the first place. But it is possible. Just write to your school and give them substantial reasons. Goodluck!
AmaSophy:
Please is it possible to defer admission twice? From Fall 2018 TO Spring 2019 and then Fall 2018?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Senatorbee(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2018
Blesso222:
Please help. A friend applied for mba at California Miramar University having two diplomas (lower credit) and a HND (upper) was denied admission because her GPA is not equivalent to USA decree. Please which other school can she apply to and what does she needs to do to burst her GPA.
Please any one with GRE materials should assist. Plssss. Email: blessinggupar@gmail.com

Tell your friend to Thank God even if he got admitted, his Visa might be delayed
From what I've learnt about the school on these thread it's a red flag
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Enasdan(m): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
please house, apart from statement of account, which other documents do US embassy do verify, do they verify place of work you claim in your DS-160 form, do they actually call or send e-mail to your place of work, to verify, if you really work there?
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
Wealth1199:

Kuje is far. Its a satellite town and i guess that the reason for the price. Theres a hotel around Utako for 5k... can't remember the name. It's owned by one of this transport companies. Just get to Utako and ask around there u'll b directed. Plus utako to d embassy early in d morning is nt far considering that there no traffic at all early in d morning btw 6 and 7am. Car drop from utako to embassy is around 500 naira. There's also abc transport hotel in dat same utako for 8000 naira i think.
Thank you very much Sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2018
fairheart:
Go to Itako!
Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2018
fairheart:
If you get a B1/B2, you can change status upon arrival. You will still need to apply to school anyway. Get to know what is best for you before you start. Goodluck!

Wow, I dunno one can change status easily from B1/B2 to F1 visa like that. I guess it won't requires coming back to Nigeria to visit the embassy? If yes, whats the probability that the status can be changed so easily ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by LearnAndObey: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2018
Spotlighte:

The good thing with Abuja is that there is no traffic like you see in Lagos, so really you can get to anywhere you want to in good time if you prepare well.

If you can avoid those taxis in unions, please do. They'll only milk you dry. Try getting a cab on uber.
Thanks, is there a place I could request for cab or uber?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by 100kobo(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
bigwizzy001:

Wow, I dunno one can change status easily from B1/B2 to F1 visa like that. I guess it won't requires coming back to Nigeria to visit the embassy? If yes, whats the probability that the status can be changed so easily ?

This information is very misleading. Anybody telling you that switching status is a stroll in the park (if it's even possible) is deceiving you. The only way you stand a chance of changing status is declaring your plans to your B1/B2 interview officer.
Look before you leap.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by olamydey(f): 8:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
Sheraton Bawoooo..

U stop at jabi/utako. Bolingo hotel is the closest to the embassy (trekkable distance) though the hotel is having problems and almost shut down so u can negotiate them down very well but expect no good service o. There are smaller hotels around area 3. U can check them out. A taxi Drop to embassy from area 3 shouldnt be more than 300.

Delete Kuje from ur waka... E far die! Don't pay o!

YoungIncredible:

Edakun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
@Walspring. Can you please help make Sevis payment from there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Sheq: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2018
hello everyone....good day...please who has an idea of the career prospect of someone who wants to study phd economics in the united states....the person has a masters in economics from a nigerian university already. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by bigwizzy001(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
100kobo:

This information is very misleading. Anybody telling you that switching status is a stroll in the park (if it's even possible) is deceiving you. The only way you stand a chance of changing status is declaring your plans to your B1/B2 interview officer.
Look before you leap.

Thanks so much for the clarification. I would rather get my F1 before departing naija. Make I no go land for trouble.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 by Predstan: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2018
Walspring:
If you need help on sevis fee payment, Just send me a message

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (536)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.