Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,648 members, 7,932,877 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 02:16 PM

If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha (1120 Views)

2023 Presidency: Only Two PDP Governors, Ugwuanyi And Bala Can Fight APC - FFK / I’ll Support Tinubu Presidency Only If He Declares – Fashola / If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —R. Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Nairatrend: 5:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has condemned what he described as the “pull-him-down-syndrome” among the Igbo, saying it is the only likely problem he will have if he chooses to run for the presidency.

The governor expressed regrets that the Igbo do not honour their own, including their leaders, “unlike what obtains in other parts of the country.”

He added that Igbo alone cannot make or produce a president of Igbo extraction, adding that Igbo need other Nigerians to be able to have a president of Igbo origin who would also see himself as a Nigerian, first and foremost.

Okorocha spoke while fielding questions from newsmen on Sunday after a press briefing at the Government House, Owerri.

He stated that it would be a foolish thought for any Igbo man eyeing the presidency at any time to think that the Igbo only would make him president.

He, however, contended that any Igbo man wanting or aspiring to achieve the feat of being the president one day cannot rely on the Igbo alone.

He said, “The Igbo do not know how to honour their own. They rather like to run down any of their rising leaders. The pull-him-down syndrome is high in Igbo land. And it is very unfortunate. Anytime I come out to run for the presidency of this country, I will not suffer pull-him-down from the North or from the South West or South South, it is only in Igbo land that I will suffer it.

“And they engage in this pull-him-down practice without knowing the overall implications on the Igbo. So, it will be out of place for an Igbo presidential aspirant at any given period to think that the Igbo will make him president, because Igbo do not value their own.

“They don’t value what they have, while they value outsiders. It is in their character. It is in their nature.”

“Read the newspapers and go to the social media, all the insults and attacks you get are all from the Igbo.

“They go to any length to run you down without caring about your good intentions and all the efforts being made to see that things work out fine for the people of the area.

“It is a problem. It didn’t start today. Go down memory lane and you’ll discover that the pull-him-down syndrome in Igboland didn’t start today.”

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/if-i-run-for-presidency-only-in-igbo-land-will-i-suffer-opposition-okorocha/
sad

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
How that one take concern us...
Abeg check my signature if you need a professional writer
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Ojiofor: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okoroawusa get your party's candidancy first,you talks like a bastard,I mean, is it true you are a bastard?
Was is it not the same Igbo that made you governor over them,all they get in return is insult from you son of bitch.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by uwa1(m): 5:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okorocha... You 've forgotten so soon how dis same people trusted you with 336,859 of their votes in 2011 and 416,996 votes in 2015.... Or are you thinking those votes came from the North, West and South..

Now you are calling them all sorts of names...

Time will tell...

6 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by mightguy(m): 6:05pm On Aug 12, 2018
This man don run mad

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
mightguy:
This man don run mad
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 6:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin calm down aboki
Ojiofor:
Okoroawusa get your party's candidancy first,you talks like a bastard,I mean, is it true you are a bastard?
Was is it not the same Igbo that made you governor over them,all they get in return is insult from you son of bitch.
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Ojiofor: 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Newsloft:
grin calm down aboki

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by OMANBALA1: 6:24pm On Aug 12, 2018
Basket mouth don start to talk again ooo....lol

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by OMANBALA1: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
Ojiofor:

It was APGA platform that made Okorocha who he is today but he stabbed us in the back.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by vanbonattel: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
Yes, because it's in Igboland that you totally destroyed a state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okorocha should just shut up already. He doesn't look intelligent and each time he opens his mouth to talk, he clears all doubts. He is the one seriously de-marketing himself. He should learn from Amaechi. You don't make too much noise. You work hard and let your works do the talking.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by fergie001: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Only in S/E will they pull you down,so you are a Governor where?
Elected by who?
Wanting to install your son-in-law where?

You talk without sense most times,only fools take you and OUK seriously.....

3 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by blackpanda: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Typical Igbo mentality

That's why an Igbo man will NEVER be President. Greed and selfishness to take over. Everybody wants the crown for themselves and ready to destroy their brother to get it. In the end they all cancel themselves out and lose!

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Ojiofor: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
OMANBALA1:

It was APGA platform that made Okorocha who he is today but he stabbed us in the back.

Exactly!
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by wingmanII: 6:50pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okorocha is very correct. Igbos do not tolerate mediocrity be it their kit and kin or not. That is why we rejected Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by wingmanII: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2018
blackpanda:
Typical Igbo mentality

That's why an Igbo man will NEVER be President. Greed and selfishness to take over. Everybody wants the crown for themselves and ready to destroy their brother to get it. In the end they all cancel themselves out and lose!
Go and die with your presidency. The average Igbo man is still better educated and has a better living standard than you. Be fooling yourself. Nigeria will continue to move backwards until you let the best man lead.

3 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by vanbonattel: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
wingmanII:

Go and die with your presidency. The average Igbo man is still better educated and has a better living standard than you. Be fooling yourself. Nigeria will continue to move backwards until you let the best man lead.

upon all the years they have ruled, he still depends on his stipends made from BMC to survive extreme poverty.

3 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by wingmanII: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2018
This fool is the biggest regret of Imo people. To think many staked their lives to ensure the incumbent PDP did not rig him out in 2011. God forbid your kind again in Imo state. Animal

4 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by vanbonattel: 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
blackpanda:
Typical Igbo mentality

I will start thinking of igbo presidency only after your people use your own presidency to change the roof colour of Ibadan

3 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by blackpanda: 7:08pm On Aug 12, 2018
vanbonattel:

I will start thinking of igbo presidency only after your people use your own presidency to change the roof colour of Ibadan

Am not Yoruba so get lost!
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by blackpanda: 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
wingmanII:

Lools I can see pains written all over your destiny. We have the best man thanks. Sai baba!

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by chichar1(f): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2018
blackpanda:

you too get Lost!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
chichar1:
you too get Lost!!!!!!!!!!
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by wingmanII: 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
blackpanda:

Lools I can see pains written all over your destiny. We have the best man thanks. Sai baba!
Off course he is your best man but certainly not for the rest of the country.
With his qualifications and ability, he wouldn't make a councilor in my part of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by blackpanda: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2018
wingmanII:

Off course he is your best man but certainly not for the rest of the country.
With his qualifications and ability, he wouldn't make a councilor in my part of Nigeria.

Oh please shut up. We shall see come 2019 who laughs last. You have nobody in your entire region that can match buhari. If u like wail to high heavens grin

1 Like

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Sharpshooota: 7:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okorocha is a mad man

Only a sick person supports the killers declaring python dance on his people

While the killers defend their kinsmen butchering innocent Christians and taking over their lands

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 7:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin grin
blackpanda:

Oh please shut up. We shall see come 2019 who laughs last. You have nobody in your entire region that can match buhari. If u like wail to high heavens grin
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by vanbonattel: 7:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
blackpanda:

Which makes you even poorer than I thought grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by Newsloft: 6:01am On Aug 13, 2018

Re: If I Run For Presidency, Only In Igbo Land Will I Suffer Opposition —okorocha by proudevil: 6:09am On Aug 13, 2018
YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL GREAT MAN.......PROFESSOR DOCTOR ROCHARS EWELE OKOROCHA ,THE KING OF THE EAST, SARKIN INYAMIRIS ,OBA OF THE IGBOS , A PHILANTHROPIST, THE JAGABAN OF IGBO POLITICS, THE GREATEST IGBOID EVER LEVETH ,GREATER THAN OJU-IKU ,CHIUAUA ACHEBE , NNAMDI KANU THE GOD OF IPOBIANS.

ROCHAS YOU WILL OUTLIVE YOUR THRONE, BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR ,YOUR ENEMIES SHALL DECAMP TO THE LAGOON THE WAY SARAKI AND HIS GOONS DECAMP TO PDP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governorship Candidate Of APC In Osun State Empowering Women With Cups Of Garri / APC Kaduna Central Senatorial Primaries: Gov. El-rufai’s Aide Defeats Shehu Sani / Breaking!!! Atiku Caught Doing This..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.