Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,007 members, 7,949,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 09:52 AM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (493311 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dauphine(f): 5:31pm On Aug 03
79733139:
If you don't already do this, record your speaking practice sessions and after each session, listen to the recordings so that you can improve faster. My speaking practice were on regular phone calls (Whatsapp makes it difficult for apps to record voice calls) and I recorded every session (more than 85 hours+) and listened to them immediately afterwards in order to hear my mistakes and areas where I was struggling to remember the right words or messing up sentence structures.

This makes sense, I’ll try it out. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by alakara(m): 2:27pm On Aug 06
79733139:
How much resources and free time that you have at your disposal is what would eventually influence your choice.

Do you have the money to live in Cotonou, Bénin, whilst attending a French school and engaging a private French tutor to ask questions and put in more practice?

Can you afford to subscribe to online programs while living in Cotonou?

Are you willing to make friends with French speakers in Cotonou to improve your speaking?

Are you willing to also put in time for personal study using books?

Like I said, it all depends on your resources and free time. If you can't afford to do all, then you have to make do with whatever you can afford within your work schedule (if you have a regular job).

In summary, the perfect option is to do everything, but for most people, it is unrealistic to do that because of money and time constraints, either they can't afford it or they can't quit their jobs to live in a Francophone country.

What method is the best for a 15 yr old boy that just finished secondary school to learn french language which he can use to Japa to France for study.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:15pm On Aug 07
If you can go to a physical French school for a few months to start, it will do you a lot of good. Then you can continue on with self-study later on. Most people studying French here are adults who have finished university or polytechnic so we already have the discipline to study on our own. When I was 15 years old, I was quite playful, that's why I recommend a French school to make you take it seriously.

alakara:

What method is the best for a 15 yr old boy that just finished secondary school to learn french language which he can use to Japa to France for study.

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by EThree3: 3:35pm On Aug 07
Please, does anyone have TEF past questions? Old or recent. Thank You.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kambelu(f): 8:14am On Aug 10
NwunyeAlberta:
Of course you can. There's no requirement to take the exam in your country of origin. You can write it anywhere.

Thank you 🙂
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 11:29am On Aug 11
In case you need those books for the speaking and writing tests of TEF.

79733139:
Hello it's Monsieur Tayo again, concerning the writing and speaking tests of the TEF Canada exam, I have three books that would help you a lot with your preparation, they are:

TEF CANADA EXPRESSION ÉCRITE: 150 TOPICS TO SUCCEED by Jean K. Mathieu
TEF CANADA EXPRESSION ORALE: 150 TOPICS TO SUCCEED by Jean K. Mathieu
RÉUSSIR SON TEF/TEFAQ/TEF CANADA: EXPRESSION ORALE by Hourieh Marvi

Send an email to me (tayomassive@gmail.com) with subject title: "The three books for TEF speaking and writing tests" and I will send them to you.

How to Get More Practice to Improve Your Listening Skills! - https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/175#128301974

How To Improve Your Writing For TEF’s L’Expression Ecrite (Section B – La lettre d’argumentation) - https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration/178#129060620

Check my profile for other details.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 7:02am On Aug 14
Good Morning guys, please, I need some clarifications. I want pay for the exam tomorrow, so I need these information to guide my decisions.

1. The E-TEF Canada at Alliance Francaise Lagos is the same TEF Canada that is recognised by IRCC right?

2. I read there's Alliance Francaise at Ikeja and another one at Ikoyi. Do both places offer the TEF, so I can I just pay for the one closest to the airport? If no, I would like to know if there are less expensive hotels in Ikoyi one can stay, a day to the exam. I'm not based in Lagos and don't have anyone.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 12:33pm On Aug 16
1.) Yes, E-TEF Canada at Alliance Francaise is the same TEF Canada recognised by IRCC.

2.) In Lagos, it is ONLY in Ikoyi that you can sit for TEF/TCF, except things have recently changed.

kevoh:
Good Morning guys, please, I need some clarifications. I want pay for the exam tomorrow, so I need these information to guide my decisions.

1. The E-TEF Canada at Alliance Francaise Lagos is the same TEF Canada that is recognised by IRCC right?

2. I read there's Alliance Francaise at Ikeja and another one at Ikoyi. Do both places offer the TEF, so I can I just pay for the one closest to the airport? If no, I would like to know if there are less expensive hotels in Ikoyi one can stay, a day to the exam. I'm not based in Lagos and don't have anyone.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by kevoh(m): 2:55pm On Aug 16
79733139:
1.) Yes, E-TEF Canada at Alliance Francaise is the same TEF Canada recognised by IRCC.

2.) In Lagos, it is ONLY in Ikoyi that you can sit for TEF/TCF, except things have recently changed.

Merci beaucoup pour les reponses.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Kaysalas(m): 10:10am On Aug 17
79733139:

I can send you their email and Whatsapp number. The body organising TEF/TCF in Benin is L'Institut Français in Cotonou.
Hi, I'll like to have their number please, WhatsApp preferably
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17
Check the screenshots.

Kaysalas:

Hi, I'll like to have their number please, WhatsApp preferably

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ericmaestrooffi: 3:13pm On Aug 17
Good afternoon house

Where can I take the Tef/tcf exam in Togo?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 10:05am On Aug 19
Recently, I have been getting enquiries from people asking me if I can do TEF/TCF runs for them, let me make it clear here - I only offer French tutoring, I DON'T HELP PEOPLE CHEAT IN THE TCF/TEF EXAMS - I don't have any connections whatsoever in or with Alliance Français!

7 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aestake: 1:40pm On Aug 19
79733139:
Recently, I have been getting enquiries from people asking me if I can do TEF/TCF runs for them, let me make it clear here - I only offer French tutoring, I DON'T HELP PEOPLE CHEAT IN THE TCF/TEF EXAMS - I don't have any connections whatsoever with Alliance Français!
grin grin grin
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Ericmaestrooffi: 10:21pm On Aug 19
Ericmaestrooffi:
Good afternoon house

Where can I take the Tef/tcf exam in Togo?

Please I need your response 🙏.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by NwunyeAlberta: 3:51pm On Aug 20
You can find this on Google, along with a number to make your enquiries directly.

Ericmaestrooffi:

Please I need your response 🙏.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Og21: 3:38pm On Aug 23
Good afternoon everyone.Please anyone willing to give prepmyfuture login details my exam is next month please
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pwettycha15: 5:26pm On Aug 23
Please can you share her contact?
Haiddi:

I did two months of study with her.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Pwettycha15: 5:29pm On Aug 23
godstino:
UPDATE!!! Thanks to everyone that contributed to this thread. I started learning french from Ao when I posted this comment. Took the exam in my 5th month of learning but didn’t get the desired B2 in the CO. Took the exam again in the 7th month and God did his thing! Special thanks to @Cooooooks for recommending vite et bien, the book actually made me love french. I would be writing a detailed breakdown of my study path later.
Congratulations, please can you share a contact of your tutor or a link to his page.
Thank you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AgbaraJesu: 1:49am On Aug 25
I just joined Nairaland today and I don’t even know if what I’m doing is right. I don’t know how to make a post or reply to a made post.

Congratulations on your result, please as someone who wrote the TEF twice would you say the listening and reading questions were repeated?

It would be criminal of me not to give back to a thread which has helped me so much in meeting my goals with regards to french for express entry.

There are monikers who have been and remain so helpful in this thread. My shout out goes out to you all. I don't want to @ because the list goes on. But thank you .

I've been a silent but vivid reader of this thread since July 2023.. I decided to give TEF a go in September.. My result were fine (C2, B2+, B2+, B2-)but I missed out on CLB 7 by 8 marks in EO category with a 442. It was heartbreaking.
Not wanting to wallow in my almost-situation, I went in again in November.. others were perfect(C2, C1, C1) except EO.. again!!! Funnily enough with the same score 442.. I didn't even know how I was feeling(there's an unexplainable weakness, for those who can relate). ..just 8 marks again. It felt like a joke. I tried to appeal but you can imagine the response.
At some point, you'd feel like giving up, especially in some peculiar situations. But I had a goal and it had to be accomplished as long as I had the resources necessary.
I finally re-strategized and decided to consider TCF (at this point, it felt like TEF was after my life).
I sat for TCF in April, the result came out within the same month and they were what I needed some CLB 9s and 8s. I have attached photos of my results also

In summary, where there's a will there's a way. I hate to sound like a motivational speaker lol but please, once you've committed to this journey, just keep persevering.. your breakthrough is always a step away. And please don't be shy to share your struggles and victories with others here. Freely we have received from our predecessors in this group (in terms of valuable and priceless info), freely should we also give in return.
Goodluck to all those in preparation right now, feel free to ask for directions when needed. We are here to help.
Merci! [/quote]

4 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AgbaraJesu: 2:14am On Aug 25
Thank you for this insight. Please where can I get the repeated past questions for the CO and CE? Thank you.
Enculer2:
My personal advice to those thinking TCF or TEF, please go for TEF.

The questions are repeated for TEF unless they have changed things since I wrote in 2019.

This helped me make C2 in both comprehesion orale and ecrite. It also helped me smash my French Nat exam. Some questions from TEF Canada were repeated in the TEF Frech Nat exam.

I coached my wife for the French Nat Exam in 1 week and she made B2 in comp ecrite. He French was not good. Past questions helped.

You can also crack the expression ecrite. The expression orale is as the discretion of the examiner. If you have a "tête de bite" as an examiner, they will screw you.

In all go for TEF Canada. If you are a serious student, you will smash. If I could teach my wife to smash in 1 week imagine if you have been studying for months.

All the best.

One piece of advice, stop saying "bon courage". It is a negative word but people do not realise cause they follow others like sheep. You can say "bon chance", or better still, wish the person success. "Bon courage" sounds like the person is going to hell and you are telling him/her to hold forth whilst there, like saying "stay strong in hell". Wish them success rather.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by AgbaraJesu: 2:19am On Aug 25
Well done on juggling family and exams and I’m so sorry you had to retake the exam. Please do you think the CO and CE questions were repeated. Did the questions seem similar to the first TEF you took?
PurpleHibiscus7:

Thank you. It is a very tough period for me. This is my second TEF and I’ve barely had a life since January. Aced IELTS in January, started studying for TEF and took the first in April. ‘Re-fired’ for this one in July. It’s a very expensive and stressful journey. I have two kids and have had to study all night for months. So you can understand why I at least won’t go down without a fight. Plus, asides that I didn’t finish, I am very confident that what I wrote was at least a band 7. I covered everything. I was adding a sentence to a paragraph when I got cut off. It is well though. Thank you for the response. I appreciate it. I have sent an email to the center explaining my case. I await feedback.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MrNovo: 6:41pm On Aug 25
NuCypher:

The problem with learning vocabulary STANDALONE is that you end up never using those words you've learned. For example, say you learn the vocabulary for "cold", which is "froid", in isolation just like that, you are almost guaranteed to forget it shortly after, if you don't use it. In addition, by not knowing the context in which "froid" is used in French, you run the risk of using it wrongly or, at best, as a substitute in a literal English translation where you just replace English vocabularies with French ones. In effect, you are not really learning, but just consuming vocabulary.

What's better is to learn vocabulary in WHOLE PHRASES, instead of vocabularies. By learning whole phrases, you achieve three things simultaneously. One is, you learn French expressions exactly as they are used by French speakers. Two is, you have a better chance of remembering what you have learned because you have context. Three is, you learn more vocabulary and sometimes even grammar. So, in this case of "froid", imagine learning "il fait froid" instead. Now, you know how French people say "the weather is cold" and you know it's not the literal "la meteo est froid", which is the literal translation from English and which is just nonsensical. In addition to that, you also know that "fait" is the conjugation of "faire" in the third person, and that sometimes "il" can be used in the impersonal sense. In any case, you learn more from that whole phrase than you would from merely learning only "froid".
Good advice. Though vocabulary simply means "knowledge of words". Your advice on learning them in context as phrases rather than trying to just cram meanings of standalone words is well received, reason dictionary gives you examples of it's usage in various context.
Your point is on learning vocabulary in usage context which is a good idea, because that way you start speaking the language at the same time.
Nice one
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MrNovo: 7:16pm On Aug 25
thelma76:

Jesus is lord! This is horrible! The exam is hard enough, imagine the anxiety that comes with knowing the price changes every market day. Something just pushed me to pay for mine on Monday and it was the fact that the dates were disappearing fast! The 456k was even super upsetting but I just had to close eye

This is really crazy. AF is just extorting people, because the percentage change in the exchange rates since Jan does not fully justify the change from 189k to 700k
Institutional fraud. PR for the highest bidder.
If the country was working who would have noticed
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MrNovo: 7:20pm On Aug 25
79733139:

Thanks. I have been waiting for this since 1st October 2019.
Wow, patience is a virtue, congratulations and thanks for all what you share on this thread. More blessings your way.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MrNovo: 7:36pm On Aug 25
AlamuBiyi:

Yes increased but it's not bad still
It's now 160k cfa +9 hours of free prep class.
That's about 400k in naira looking at the bad exchange rate. But it's still like half price. I was there yesterday to confirm
The 9 hours of prep class is it a day to day exam. Else people coming from outside Cotonou will either miss it or spend more days in hotel
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by 79733139(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25
Thanks.

MrNovo:

Wow, patience is a virtue, congratulations and thanks for all what you share on this thread. More blessings your way.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Og21: 3:36pm On Aug 26
Good afternoon.For those who have written TCF what is the best platform to study with?Reussir or prepmyfuture TCF?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 5:27pm On Aug 26
Og21:
Good afternoon.For those who have written TCF what is the best platform to study with?Reussir or prepmyfuture TCF?

Do go with formation -TCF or Réussir TCF for exam preparation.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Og21: 1:46pm On Aug 27
Thank you
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Feignlies: 3:54pm On Aug 28
Getting a good TEF score requires dedicated learning and a versed tutor
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by PrettyRX: 2:12pm On Aug 29

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.